Reviews for TCOT Felonious Financier
Queen of Spiritual chapter 4 . 8/10/2011
Great story! Can't wait to see what Paul finds out.
razraz chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
loving the story as much as the delightful perry/della moments. Great evil wife! She doesn't have murder on her mind does she - and what gives with the vague client - I'm suspicious of them
Shari chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
WOW! The precious moments that Della and Perry shared in the lobby of her apartment building, it quickly reminded me of someone who was in my life and I lost him by pushing him away, and then bringing him back. Thank you for the wonderful story. I am not sad, it is good to remember the good that can come out of a bad situation. Love the story! Please keep going!
E. Wallace chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
As much as I love the brewing mystery of Jason Cooper's financial finaglings and the hints of Perry and Della's temporarily derailed romance I always like the little off hand bits like this:

Rubbing his hand along his jaw and over his chin once more, the stubble pricked his skin. 'One of these days,' he thought, 'I'm going to give up and just grow a damn beard.'

More soon please!
likes-it-bubbly chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
Okay, seriously now: you're trying to kill me with suspense and heartache, aren't you? :)

First that dinner and their dance, and then this: "It was subtle, but she'd done it again. Della had, in recent months, become an expert at avoiding being alone with him."

And ultimately that KISS! Geez. And the memories of that night you keep hinting at and never tell us more about. Really, darling, I'm so curious to know about the how and I demand details! Now more than ever. ;)

And Della - oh, honey, I feel with you! And I can't wait to see how you'll make her explain her hesitation. Such a lovely piece of frustration. I'm mightily enjoying it. :) Although I'm fearing for Perry and also for Della now that this Cooper couple "knows" about them. Please don't let them get harmed! Pretty please?
Shakayla chapter 5 . 8/8/2011
OK finally got caught up. Am loving the story and all the mystery and suspense.

So glad we FINALLY got a bit of a kiss, though must confess the thougths Perry was having made the kiss a distant memory.

Quick question...the history between them that you are talking about - did we get a story about that and I just missed it or is it just created history for the story? If there was another story, please direct me that way!

Loving it - keep up the great work!
likes-it-bubbly chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Love LOVE love! :) Helen is a gem, and I really don't understand why Della didn't pick up on her suggestion to go see Perry late at night to have him soothe her. ;) Loved the morning scene though, but ARGH, Perry, be a man and SAY SOMETHING! Don't make me hit you, pal!

Totally clueless about the joke btw but LOVED that, too! Sweet stuff. Still worried about Perry, am all with Della (what a surprise. Ha!). And completely enjoyed Paul's cameo.

More soon please, dear! :) :)
Guest chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Superb. Simply superb. The crime actually takes a back seat in suspense to the relationship dynamics. You write with such patience and forethought of insight, and each character has a unique "voice".

In regard to the unashamed & gratuitous theft of a joke, would it be the "fair maiden" scene? My first instinct was Mae West, but upon further reflection I think I once saw something in that vein attributed to Lt. Uhura.
tengland2 chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Can't keep much from Della. Enjoyed susan cooper's temper tantrum. Looking forward to more.
razraz chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
So why didn't Della follow Helen's advice - it was very good advice? If you say Mexico then you better post the next chapter really quickly.

Jackson - ha ha - and then you top it off with "But if that woman was going to be here for the meeting, he knew he'd have an even harder time keeping Mason's attention..."

Love how you've brought him to life - poor little brow beaten creature.

and love the "because I'm neither fair nor a maiden."

again where is the mexico bit?

I can see Paul's expression as he mutters the "It's getting this stuff past Della that's the hard part."

great chapter raz
Queen of Spiritual chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
Can't wait to see what evidence they find in this story. I agree with Della it's fun watching him solve a mystery.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
Now the good stuff is happening. I don't think I've heard of the name Millicent before. I can't wait to see what happens in later chapters.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Great start to a new story, Captain. Hope to see longer stories like this in near future. I don't think I've heard of this case before or let alone read about it in his series of the books but it's good so far.
E. Wallace chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
Well, who knew Tragg was such a flirt! But Della brings it out in most men, doesn't she? Except for that stuffed shirt Jackson.

All that and a building mystery, too!

Good work!

ew
likes-it-bubbly chapter 3 . 8/4/2011
Love it, love it, LOVE IT! :) Especially these parts in the middle:

"Slumming, Tragg? Or just lonely?"

"Lonely. I missed Della."

AND:

"Yes, and of course she mentioned in passing that she'd made plans to murder someone. She just wanted to see me to make sure that I'd be available to defend her if she got caught." Mason's voice was perturbed.

And then:

And besides," he kept his eyes locked on the detective, "it's not like I don't have better options."

Tragg's gaze never left the lawyer's. It was as if the two men were making a conscious effort not to let their eyes stray to anywhere else in the room. "I am well aware of that, Counselor. I've always thought you have some of the best options of anyone I know." His eyes twinkled.

AND finally:

"Headed to the jail?" she asked.

"Yes. I guess I'd better go see how bad the damage is." He couldn't quite meet her eyes.

"Mmm-hmm," she replied, opening the door to her office. "Call if you need help. I'll have a bail bondsman standing by," she purred. The door snapped closed behind her with just a tad more force than was absolutely necessary.

Priceless! Totally made me laugh and squirm with Perry and get "furious" with Della. Awesome job. More soon, please!

Oh, and more details about that night, too, I hope! "(...)those graceful limbs wrapped around him once again." Nice teasing bit there! :) :)
72 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »