Reviews for TCOT Felonious Financier
likes-it-bubbly chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Love LOVE love! :) Helen is a gem, and I really don't understand why Della didn't pick up on her suggestion to go see Perry late at night to have him soothe her. ;) Loved the morning scene though, but ARGH, Perry, be a man and SAY SOMETHING! Don't make me hit you, pal!

Totally clueless about the joke btw but LOVED that, too! Sweet stuff. Still worried about Perry, am all with Della (what a surprise. Ha!). And completely enjoyed Paul's cameo.

More soon please, dear! :) :)
Guest chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Superb. Simply superb. The crime actually takes a back seat in suspense to the relationship dynamics. You write with such patience and forethought of insight, and each character has a unique "voice".

In regard to the unashamed & gratuitous theft of a joke, would it be the "fair maiden" scene? My first instinct was Mae West, but upon further reflection I think I once saw something in that vein attributed to Lt. Uhura.
tengland2 chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Can't keep much from Della. Enjoyed susan cooper's temper tantrum. Looking forward to more.
razraz chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
So why didn't Della follow Helen's advice - it was very good advice? If you say Mexico then you better post the next chapter really quickly.

Jackson - ha ha - and then you top it off with "But if that woman was going to be here for the meeting, he knew he'd have an even harder time keeping Mason's attention..."

Love how you've brought him to life - poor little brow beaten creature.

and love the "because I'm neither fair nor a maiden."

again where is the mexico bit?

I can see Paul's expression as he mutters the "It's getting this stuff past Della that's the hard part."

great chapter raz
Queen of Spiritual chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
Can't wait to see what evidence they find in this story. I agree with Della it's fun watching him solve a mystery.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
Now the good stuff is happening. I don't think I've heard of the name Millicent before. I can't wait to see what happens in later chapters.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Great start to a new story, Captain. Hope to see longer stories like this in near future. I don't think I've heard of this case before or let alone read about it in his series of the books but it's good so far.
E. Wallace chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
Well, who knew Tragg was such a flirt! But Della brings it out in most men, doesn't she? Except for that stuffed shirt Jackson.

All that and a building mystery, too!

Good work!

ew
likes-it-bubbly chapter 3 . 8/4/2011
Love it, love it, LOVE IT! :) Especially these parts in the middle:

"Slumming, Tragg? Or just lonely?"

"Lonely. I missed Della."

AND:

"Yes, and of course she mentioned in passing that she'd made plans to murder someone. She just wanted to see me to make sure that I'd be available to defend her if she got caught." Mason's voice was perturbed.

And then:

And besides," he kept his eyes locked on the detective, "it's not like I don't have better options."

Tragg's gaze never left the lawyer's. It was as if the two men were making a conscious effort not to let their eyes stray to anywhere else in the room. "I am well aware of that, Counselor. I've always thought you have some of the best options of anyone I know." His eyes twinkled.

AND finally:

"Headed to the jail?" she asked.

"Yes. I guess I'd better go see how bad the damage is." He couldn't quite meet her eyes.

"Mmm-hmm," she replied, opening the door to her office. "Call if you need help. I'll have a bail bondsman standing by," she purred. The door snapped closed behind her with just a tad more force than was absolutely necessary.

Priceless! Totally made me laugh and squirm with Perry and get "furious" with Della. Awesome job. More soon, please!

Oh, and more details about that night, too, I hope! "(...)those graceful limbs wrapped around him once again." Nice teasing bit there! :) :)
Michelle Weiner chapter 3 . 8/4/2011
Rach,another wonderful chapter!

I loved the conversation between Della and Perry and how she imatates Millicet James...and Perry trying to take Della to lunch and then to dinner...he doesn't have any luck but I know he will have better luck later on...Won't he?

I really like the way you are crafting the development of this story. :)

More very soon please
Ayjah chapter 3 . 8/4/2011
The things Della has to put up with!
raz chapter 3 . 8/4/2011
Tragg is such a gem.

if he's got better options - then why doesn't he owe Della him anything? - great voice dropping and can see Perry staring at the phone after she hung up.

I'm not liking the client much - did she hold her lawyers hand just a little too long?

Della is such a tease - love the last line. Raz
razraz chapter 2 . 8/3/2011
Under a rock on a library sidewalk - ha work with Jackson, you have explained very clearly why he casts Della those furtive scared looks and given him a body that he was otherwise missing. Della as a sunday school teacher hee hee. Fabulous flirting - love the scene when he gets back to the office "Why bother?" behind a wall of newsprint - great imagery, all of it.

Two protests - he kissed the client? very book universe Perry but I thought he wasn't allowed to kiss anyone but Della.

"Since that night in Mexico..."

More please raz
E. Wallace chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
'The sky was turning grey, not even a really a color, just less dark.'

I still love this description as much as I did the first time I read it.

Of course I also enjoy Perry teasing Della because the nap she took twelve hours ago is wearing off.

ew
Michelle Weiner chapter 2 . 8/2/2011
"If my Sunday School teachers had looked like you do in that dress I would have grown up to be a minister instead of a lawyer"...priceless.

And the suspense...,so it begins. Great way of developing the beginning of a murder plot...

I love the mix of the light bantering between Perry and Della and the suspense...Can't wait for the next chapter :)
81 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »