Reviews for Before During After
excessivelyperky chapter 90 . 6/16
Yes, it is really annoying to play one's part not knowing if you're part of the plan or just winging it.

But it is hard to be hated by everyone (including, sadly. by the portrait whose original set up him to die in an Order victory, and still force him to work for one).

What? You still think Albus *liked* Snape?
excessivelyperky chapter 89 . 6/15
What an interruption to festive memories-although Minerva doesn't seem to mind that much, as Filius appears to be approaching dangerous territory.
griffindorkunimitsuerza chapter 4 . 5/26
More more more more :)
excessivelyperky chapter 88 . 4/19
Ah, but Snape *is* like his master, as Minerva said...

Albus used to summon people, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 87 . 4/17
I don't blame Severus for taking refuge in memories of happier times with Minerva (magic fingers, snicker). It's all he really has left.
excessivelyperky chapter 86 . 3/21
I do hope Minerva is better at risking children's lives than Albus was. I understand why she's doing it, but I hope she understands that she may not be the only one to pay the cost.
excessivelyperky chapter 85 . 3/17
Oops. Yes, part of her still longs for the relationship she once had with Snape, even while the Carrows terrorize the school.
excessivelyperky chapter 84 . 3/7
Hasn't Albus done enough to ruin Snape's life yet? Oh, yes, I keep forgetting. We all know that Albus, portrait, or not, won't be happy till Snape is dead at the hand one side or the other, and that any tenderness or good feeling Severus gets from helping Minerva should be forbidden, or something.

Sigh.
excessivelyperky chapter 83 . 1/22
I wonder how long it will take Minerva to realize how much interference the Headmaster is running on the Carrows, both with her and the students? And will she be intelligent enough to realize that to say anything would only make his job worse?

But of course she's used to interfering with the punishment of her Gryffindors. It's kind of a tradition with her, dating from the Marauders days at least. She should really ask herself if she ever allowed another professor to interfere with *her* punishments.

Still, the Carrows being the way they are raises the stakes much higher than before.
excessivelyperky chapter 82 . 1/10
At least she's kept the picture. And the Fat Lady can tell her who took her to her room.
excessivelyperky chapter 81 . 1/4
Oh. This is so sad. Snape is so caring, and will never be allowed (if Albus still has anything to say) to have a real relationship.
excessivelyperky chapter 80 . 1/4
Snape is absolutely correct-Albus did all the damage to himself, and then did as much as could on the way out, leaving Snape to clean up the mess.

Say, when is Severus going to sleep? Never mind, we know that answer.

And as usual Dumbledore closes his eyes and hopes for the best, while Snape gets the dirty end of the stick.
excessivelyperky chapter 79 . 1/3
Encouraging the underground movement could mean the death of those children, if the Carrows catch them before Snape can. But Minerva, sadly, doesn't think of that. She thinks of the Carrows the way she did of Umbridge, and she's making a serious mistake. The last underground movement was shielded by Albus, who can no longer do it, and Umbridge disposed of by Hermione sending her to the centaurs.

The Carrows are different, and I don't think Minerva realizes it. (and part of her, I expect, depends on Snape to keep them in line).
excessivelyperky chapter 78 . 1/2
Oh, yes. I'm sure Albus is just *delighted* with events now.

I suspect that Snape ought to go into the Headmaster's office and bring some turpentine. Just in case Dumbledore wants to tell him it's all for the Greater Good.
excessivelyperky chapter 77 . 11/26/2014
I'm glad that Snape did what he could to protect Minerva. What a pity he's supposed to let the Carrows stay alive-too bad that he can't have oh, say, Potions practice with Neville for both of them.