Reviews for After Life
ArtiCon chapter 10 . 9/15/2011
I have to say that I've read many stories that take place during or after Reichenbach, and this is by far my favorite of them all.

The last chapter was by far the best yet. The emotion that John had while typing, how he just let his anger and frustration out, only to delete it all at the end...it makes me think that he really shouldn't be going through this by himself. He's not, in a way, but emotionally he is.

I can't wait for the next chapter.
HOS70 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
John trying to hold it together for the outside world continues to be very sad. What a shame he deleted his words on his blog. If he would have posted them, perhaps someone would finally pick up on him being more than just a bit not good.
Mirith Griffin chapter 9 . 9/10/2011
This is so beautifully written and sad.

One of the things that makes this different from most stories is that there is so little dialogue in it. John's isolation is palpable.

A friend of mine died at age 34. At visiting hours, I held his hand and told him, "thank you." It was all I could think of to say. This story reminds me of him.
Mirith Griffin chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
You have the kind of genius where, even when you write prose, it's still poetry.

This is heart-wrenching. The two parts that most stay with me are the reference to the "smooth nub of his heart" and the quiet parentheses every time John thinks of Sherlock. Beautiful and sad.
Jodi2011 chapter 10 . 9/9/2011
Poor abandoned John, this is heartbreaking. I think Sherlock an absolute unfeeling prig and no, I can't forgive him. One message, one email, one text - is that asking too much?
melstewarthm chapter 10 . 9/9/2011
You're very clever, you know. If you write from that gits POV I may actually feel compassion for him. Which would be A BIT NOT GOOD as I am quite comfortable right here. Stuck firmly in the -ANGER- stage, thankyouverymuch. So, for now, John and myself will be here, hurting and angry. And, my goodness, you surely know how to write a gripping story. You've got me all twisted up.
HOS70 chapter 9 . 8/23/2011
The thought of Sherlock saying his good-bye by way of text message, as he of course would do nowadays, is so much more terrifying than receiving a letter. The SMS is so much more instant, so much more current, gives hope beyond hope, for John to get there in time and save Sherlock.

John ill and alone is sad; him having to clean up the kitchen after his outburst seems particularly tragic. Doesn’t Mrs Hudson tell anyone how much he’s losing it?
melstewarthm chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
sigh... you're such a good writer.

I can just imagine John becoming comatose.
Ana Sedai chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
Oh God. John is going to kill him. He will absolutely rip him apart when he comes back. John will make him regret every single second of silence during That Time.

And then he'll *really* get angry.

And he'll be right to do so.

God help them both.
Jodi2011 chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
Your writing is pain and anguish and despair. I don't know how you mange to write this, or John manages to continue on, or those around him can't see he is broken and utterly without hope.

I fear his descent is too far, too long, to ever recover. I do so hope I'm wrong.
HOS70 chapter 8 . 8/17/2011
Oh, how very, very clever of you to use the horrible image of THAT photo in this chapter. This deja vu moment for us readers almost makes this story seem real, like something you recall having seen on the news.
Darkened Eternity chapter 8 . 8/17/2011
His thoughts are so interrupted, wonderful to see an eloquent portrayal of distance and sorrow all blended into an unseperable agony of existing.
Darkened Eternity chapter 6 . 8/17/2011
So insanely beautiful. Each line is a fresh rhythm unto itself. :)
melstewarthm chapter 8 . 8/16/2011
Exactly as it should be.
Jodi2011 chapter 8 . 8/16/2011
Oh poor John so needs a hug. And I always feel the need for a hug after reading another update too!

John's pain is written so vividly I can almost taste it. Moriarty would be impressed with how totally Sherlock has broken John and burnt his heart. I fear John won't be able to recover from this, even when Sherlock finally emerges.
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »