Reviews for After Life
fortytworedvines chapter 7 . 8/16/2011
This is beautifully written.

Poor John. The stages of his grief are so intense, and perfect. And if Sherlock comes back I'll be very interested to see John's reaction.
HOS70 chapter 7 . 8/15/2011
The first two paras of your chapter are pure realism. The numbness of enduring a memorial service, the torture of having to meet all those people when you want nothing more than to go home and roll up into a little ball of sorrow. Experiencing the whole thing on a completely different level of consciousness.

I feel so much for poor John.
melstewarthm chapter 7 . 8/12/2011
I'd be SO pissed off if I was John. Stages of grief y'know. And then when/if a certain -someone- returns... well let's just say it wouldn't be pretty. I might feel broken, unable to be so easily fixed.
Jodi2011 chapter 7 . 8/11/2011
Such beautifully constructed paragraphs to describe John's pain and suffering. This is a hard fic to read, only beacuse you write his anguish so very real.

I really really hate Sherlock for what he's needlessly putting John through.
HOS70 chapter 6 . 8/9/2011
Again, just like the previous chapters, beautifully written but terribly, terribly sad.
HOS70 chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
God, I know the feeling of waking up happily until realising that life's never going to be the same again. I don't wish it on anyone, especially poor John. Come back, Sherlock!
HOS70 chapter 4 . 8/9/2011
Oh god, the second half of this chapter was very disturbing.

How good of Mycroft to let John have the urn with what John thinks are Sherlock's remains. Sharing my house with my dog's ashes, I understand John's fascination with Sherlock's and him carrying the little vial around with him is no different than people wearing a necklace containing some of their beloved's ashes simply because they need to have something of their's with them always. Poor John.
HOS70 chapter 3 . 8/9/2011
Your brilliant description of John's handgun and it's innocent looking trigger was very scary. I could feel John's pain at the sound of the violin - very bad choice of station, John. His numbness at Tesco's and his panic attack at the clinic were heartwrenching. The razor bit was really frightening.

I don't "like" these stories of yours in the true sense of the word but they're very, very well written.
HOS70 chapter 2 . 8/9/2011
Oh, I just love the idea of the poetry book with John's handwritten translations, being his constant companion. Very sad that he's decided to lock it away. Poor John.
HOS70 chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
A tough read but very well written. I'm a bit afraid to go on to the next chapter because 'grieving John' is painful to me, but I will.
melstewarthm chapter 6 . 8/8/2011
wait- he's alive though, right? Sherlock's alive? 'Cuz, frankly my world would no longer make sense if he's not. You wouldn't be that cruel would you?
PeanutTree chapter 5 . 8/8/2011
Not only is the emotion in this piece stunning, but it's just written so damn well. I keep going back and re-reading each chapter before moving on to the next. The descriptions and the pure feeling that come to the reader are nothing short of genius.
Jodi2011 chapter 5 . 8/6/2011
Thank you. Poor poor John, my heart aches for him.

I can see why the Doyle Sherlock played dead for three years, but if BBC Sherlock does that to John I won't beable to forgive him. I look forward to seeing how this is handled in the show.
Jodi2011 chapter 4 . 7/31/2011
Heartbreaking to read of John's slow descent into madness.

Superbly written, hope to read more :)
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4