Reviews for A Wilderland
abaith chapter 24 . 10/9/2013
Glad to see edward and Bella's progress. Hope to hear from you soon.
CindyWindy chapter 24 . 10/6/2013
They made so much progress with this chapter! "I love that you can finally understand used to dismiss my concerns, or pretend that they weren't have no idea how relieved I am that I can finally open up to you..." Lighthearted and happy ExB are a joy to read. Lots of wonderful reacquainting going on, including lots of kissing! Yes! :)

Thanks for sharing your story! I'd love to read more!
CindyWindy chapter 23 . 10/6/2013
I thoroughly enjoyed these last two chapters; I was just a little lazy about reviewing. :) In this one, ExB had a wonderful conversation that was many years overdue. Thank goodness they got this second chance. This was a lovely moment:

"You did look after me," he told her. "I'm sorry I never made you realize that."
CindyWindy chapter 22 . 10/2/2013
(Typing as I read...) Yikes, I'm afraid Victoria is going to show up!

What about strength in numbers?! Take Emmett with you! Take everyone!

The explanation of her shield was fascinating! Very cool! So well thought out.

*whew* Terrific action scene! You gave just the right amount of details to leave me breathless and on the edge of my seat. Too many and it reads clunky, not enough and you can't follow what's going on - this was just right!

Loved the ending - with him asking her to raise her shield. Poor, sweet fella.
CindyWindy chapter 21 . 10/2/2013
Teasing Edward was really funny!

So the former boss calls and Bella lets him have it. I'm not exactly sure what he's done to Bella; I don't know if I want to know. He sounds awful - ruthless and brutal.

I do love your Bella. She's doing what I sometimes wish the canon Cullens would've done: fight against the evil, people-eating vamps instead of maintaining their live and let live philosophy. I know, the Volturi wouldn't like it, yada yada, excuses, excuses, lol. So yes, your Bella rocks.

By the way, muffinmom was right, this ff is definitely under-reviewed!
CindyWindy chapter 20 . 10/1/2013
From your A/N, it sounded like this chapter was a bear to write and that you didn't think it went very well, but I think it turned out great! :) Edward's reaction to her posting on Facebook was hilarious, as was Diane's understandable reaction to Carlisle.

Bella's thoughts on revenge were compelling, and I liked Edward's response. This was telling; I didn't realize she felt like this: " made her think that when he said he loved her, he actually meant that he loved the memory of the good, kind, innocent girl that she used to be."
CindyWindy chapter 19 . 10/1/2013
I liked hearing from Rosalie. She's still self-focused and blunt, but you've made her likeable. So funny: "Want me to kick him real hard?"
CindyWindy chapter 18 . 10/1/2013
Newborn army preparing to attack?

I'm a canon gal, so I'm not going to lie, it was hard reading about Bella and Dan. But you handled it well, in that Bella felt sadness over it - how it solidified for her the end of her relationship with Edward. As far as she knew, she'd never see him again. :(
CindyWindy chapter 17 . 10/1/2013
Very funny stuff: Edward cussing up a storm (although certainly not around his Bella!), Bella threatening Emmett and the fact that the slayers have something on Aro.

This was an amazing chapter. Each of Bella's conversations - with Emmett, Edward, and then Carlisle - were filled with poignancy. I loved every moment.
CindyWindy chapter 16 . 10/1/2013
"She could finish high school, go to college, get a job, and all the while, someone else would be out there, risking their life for her, and killing for her." Maybe she could have this. She has served for a time. She could step down for her own happiness. Couldn't she?
CindyWindy chapter 15 . 10/1/2013
Another terrific chapter!

I've been wondering about the age difference so I was glad to see it addressed. He's a hundred year old vamp so I don't have an issue with it. It was great to hear Bella basically disregard it, at least to the rude girl's face. Let's hope that's how she really feels (not that she's thinking romantically about him yet).
CindyWindy chapter 14 . 10/1/2013
I'm glad Diane is alive for now. I've had a bad feeling about her remaining safe. Bella needs her; she's her anchor. But I'm afraid she might as well be wearing a red shirt.
CindyWindy chapter 13 . 10/1/2013
Loved the card game scene! I completely approve of her approach to poker playing.

ExB's confrontation was rough, but it all needed to be spoken. I like your Edward. He was entirely honest with her. And he returned to her. Just a little too late.
CindyWindy chapter 12 . 10/1/2013
I liked the conversation between Edward and Bella very much. He had some really good replies to her legitimate concerns, such as: "Do you have any idea how much courage it takes to admit the things you just told me?"

What kind of future do ExB have? Can she be changed like any other human? She's been aging, right? Would she even want that anymore?
CindyWindy chapter 11 . 10/1/2013
Action scenes aren't easy to convey, but you certainly nailed that one. The vivid descriptions made it simple to follow in my mind.

Nicely worded ending: "She didn't know how she could feel so much lighter, and feel such an unbearable weight in her chest, all at the same time."