Reviews for This Song Will Find You
A.Williamson chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Ok i love this so far please add to it i miss RFR so much!
NotAContrivance chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
First off, this is a grrrrreat story! The only problem I have with it is that I want more, and there isn't any. ;) And, you know, it'd be nice to fill in the blanks a little and whatnot about what they've been up to and how they're going to come back together and everything. One thing I actually am confused about (this may be more the show's fault than yours... but dates will trip writers up every time), is how many years in the future it's supposed to be... I know you said ten, but doesn't the show end either at graduation or their second-to-last year of high school, so they'd be more like 17-18 when the show ends? I don't think this is especially important because the story works either way and probably works a bit better if they're a little older, actually, but I was just wondering... I like how everyone has such different lives and how they're all in different stages because that's what life's really like, you know? And also, props for the time thing.

I'm also really curious as to what Travis does for a living and whether or not Robbie's still married to Kim.

Also, I love Instant Star, so I'd totally be down with a slight crossover (in fact, I'm so down with it that I've sort of done one before, but in a terribly half-assed way). Also, given that Travis was in London... was he dating Jude? Or is the IS crossover bit going to have to do with Lily and her record label?

Anyway, your writing style is wonderful, concise and interesting, leaving enough open to interpretation to keep you guessing... Honestly, this is one of the BEST premises for an RFR story I think I've ever read, and probably the most promising (and realistic-sounding) RFR future fic I've seen... There's just so much quality here that it surprises me! And, basically, I'm sorry I didn't stumble upon it earlier. It really saddens me that this show wasn't more popular because then you'd have the amount of readers you more than deserve. Anyway, I really hope you update and finish this story some day, and I'm looking forward to that day when/if it comes. Great work!
Inali Grimalkin chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
This story has a lot of potential, I hope you write more. The one thing I don't really care for is the present tense. Reading the first chapter in it is fine, but reading an entire story in the present tense would get annoying after a while. That's just my opinion of course.