Reviews for Conviction
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Wow, those two fics were so poignant. So sad, heartbreaking. Yet real. Which is probably what makes them so soul-wrenching.

I hate to say it, but I feel as if there should be another part...and I can't even tell what I feel. I don't even know if I want Jane to get her back. Because she deserves better. But I do feel like she's all he can ever hope for. Nothing (no one) else could ever quite be what he needs.

Okay, done rambling. Sorry! Loved it!
Equilly chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Wow, an interesting insight into Jane's character and how he convinces himself that he's always right . I liked the style of this story- sparse but the implied details are great.

Best!

-claire
jnhg234 chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
this and 'Judge not ' are amazing storys . it is so deep and it really makes my heart beating faster . really well done
DrEvilsketch chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I like this.

Very poetic, also very sad, especially the mental repetition part at the end. also i was listening to a sad song while i read this... so yeah, maybe that added to the effect. anyway, i liked how jane's confidence was totally shattered in the end.
Frogster chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
That was good! Really showed how Jane's brain probably is disconnected, repeating some things over and over again in an attempt to...well, convince himself that things are okay, things will go back to normal.

But he can't convince himself.

I could practically see Jane as he fought the crowds, trying to get to Lisbon.

It's weird that in all this, he never once thought about what she might think. I bet she feels that once again, someone she cares about has left her. Hope he starts to begin to try to see things from her perspective.

Great job! Write more soon!
GhostWriterLost chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
This i can see happening. Excellent capture of Jane's mental voice. Maybe if this does happen, and he has to spend months trying to earn his way back with her, that slightly smarmy, self-satisfied smugness that i find unattractive will be dulled somewhat.
corlando chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
This was great. I really liked it and I too wonder if he loses Lisbon with what he's done. She always had hope that when it came down to it, he would make a different decision. Her disappointment will be palpable. Now you've got me excited for the start of season 4.
Mentalgal chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Very cool! I love this :D
justcrazy chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
I like the angst/yearning/redemption potential that the finale opens up for S4, and I very much hope we get to see some of this torment on Jane's part. Though I hope some awareness of Lisbon's pain comes before the verdict is read, I like the idea of any triumph he feels being tempered by her judgment of what he has done. Would love for you to write their first interactions, knowing all that's going on in their heads. . .
GSD010 chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
I absolutely loved this! It's different from your other work in style but really gets the point across. I have a feeling this is the way they will go in the show but perhaps diminished responsibility instead of self-defence? Who knows - but I'll definitely be watching to see how they get him out of it! Thanks for posting - it's the best post S3 ending I've read.
MerriWyllow chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
This heart-stopping and heart-breaking. This is the most perfect fic I have seen written in response to the season 3 finale. I don't know whether to hope that Lisbon stands strong against him, or... Oh, the idiot - it will never occur to him to lay it all out and ask forgiveness, will it? She would, I think. I don't know if that would be enough for her to let him back into her life, though.
Arianna Elizabeth Jackson chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
wow. thats so freaky in a wierdly cool way to read from the second person point of view... and to think of him convincing people. and one of the best things being him not covincing her of things. but who nows. I really liked this...and made me wonder...:)
Wldwmn chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Ooh, an excellent angst-y companion piece to "Judge Not." Characters so unhappy, argh. But I liked the writing, in keeping with the style of the other one. Great job!