Reviews for Zeek Takes Off
figoo chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
this is really good PLEASE UPDATE!
laurenhasmoved chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
I don't mean any offense by this, but I feel like it needs to be said.

You have a lot of stories. A lot. And they're all based on very interesting concepts. You have a nice imagination and it shows.

But it comes across that you don't care much about the quality of your stories at all. The grammar in this story is just atrocious. I don't claim to be an expert, but it seems like you don't even use spell-check or put in any effort to correct your mistakes.

Beyond the grammar, there's not that much substance to these stories. The dialogue could really be improved and I feel like you don't make an effort to show us what the character are feeling - there's an old rule: "Show, don't tell!" At this point, I don't think a beta could do much for you other than fix some punctuation/spelling/grammar because there's just no substance here at all.

The thing that gets to me is that I'm sure you know all of this. I'm sure people have mentioned these things to you before, and you don't seem to be taking constructive criticism and making it...well, constructive.

As I mentioned, you have a lot of stories on here. Maybe you could consider putting them all into one series. Because a lot of people (like me) come on here to read Parenthood fanfiction and, even if it were quality, it's just irritating for every other fic to be written by you. So please combine all the one-shots into a multi-chapter story - that way the people who like your writing style can read them and the people who don't can find fics that they do like, without having to scroll through pages and pages to do it.

You really do have great ideas. I think it would be interesting to read a fic about some of them. But, while I'm sure there are many things that you excel at, writing isn't one of them. Maybe consider joining a prompting-community. They have several on LJ that I know of. You can post an idea that you have for a fic and someone with more skill in that area can write it. Many people are good writers, but can't come up with ideas - you seem like a very good "idea person", so I'm sure they'd love to fill some your prompts. Most will give you credit for the idea and you'll get to enjoy reading it along with everyone else.

I'm sure you're a lovely person, and I really don't mean to be cruel. But at least consider some of the things I've said, because I'm sure I'm not the first to say them and certainly not the first to think them.

Best of luck!