Reviews for Twisting Time
ladyres chapter 6 . 1/19/2015
I wouldn't listen to dumbledore
DhampyrX2 chapter 6 . 6/2/2013
Wow. I really think Severus would have AK'd Dumbledore on the spot for interfering with this one.
Rago Dragovian chapter 6 . 3/30/2013
This was rather annoying and forced. I hate fate type stories and Lily's 'Dumbledore's orders' seems very stupid. Overall, pretty bad. I agree with another reviewer, an ignorant Millenial type story.
ohdumbledear chapter 7 . 6/18/2012
Noooooooooooooooooooo don't delete it :(

I just read this and I LOVED it! DON'T DELETE!
totalreadr at yahoo chapter 6 . 2/5/2012
This is a *very* Millennial story. That's why it rubs readers who aren't Millennials the wrong way. That's also why it's not really in character for Lily and Severus: They aren't Millennials. (They're Boom/Gen X cuspers. Lily is more Boomer, Severus is more Gen X.)

Lily's extreme degree of trust in Dumbledore's authority is out of place in anyone but a Millennial. Well, a Civic generation generally, You've heard Millennials called "the next great generation"? Yeah: You guys are the "Civic" type of generation, just like what Tom Brokaw called "The Greatest Generation": The GIs.

This story shows Civic generation values in the same way that Casablanca, a GI generation movie, does.

To your typical Boomer ("Idealist" type), though, the Civic attitude looks creepy, soulless, emotionless and immoral. That is what the Boomers accused their GI parents of being. That is what you Millennials' "Idealist" kids will accuse you of being. Don't expect them to trust in your authority the way you trust in the Boomers' authority! Don't expect them to ignore their emotions and their values just because some old guy dictated that they should.

Particularly not some old guy who they have observed making mistakes in the past. That's the thing: Idealists think for themselves. Idealists don't just trust authority figures: They evaluate them according to their *own* standards. (Thus Boomers' reaction to Dumbledore.)

They do this because they are raised to do this. Know why? Because their Civic parents have learned from life experience that their blind trust in the good judgement and good values of authority figures was a bad idea. (I mean, really: "[Lily's] not going to rebel against :drumroll: *Dumbledore* [who is perfect]!" Um what? Talk about missing the point of the "past with Grindlewald" reveal.)

Now me, I am a member of Generation X. I see the flaws in both Boomer *and* Civic attitudes. So all I can say is... :popcorn:
a prince's tale chapter 6 . 1/31/2012
While short and sweet I enjoyed this. Sometimes I did feel that it was a bit rushed and the end left me with many unanswered questions! A big thing for me was that I did not understand why, if Lily had decided to meddle with time in the first place, did she decide that she should meddle with it again to re-do what she had so carefully undone? The prophecy hadn't occurred yet, that happened after her and James had Harry, so the whole "Dumbledore erasing the whole scenario and showing Snape later" thing did not click for me...

I thought about it for a while, because I did enjoy the story very much and appreciated that it accepted the innocence and tragedy of Lily and Severus and did not drag them too far out of character. What I take from the ending is that Lily erased what she had done to change things, because she realized that truly, you can't take back what you have done before and re-living it only drives the doubts deeper into your mind.
allthenicenamesaregone chapter 6 . 10/30/2011
This is one of the best, most original ideas ever! It was really, really, really good! Extraordinary job!
DeathCobraEater chapter 6 . 10/16/2011
That was so Lily/Severus CUTE BEYOND ALL REASON!

Great fic I loved it!

Death Cobra Eater
FebruaryAquarian chapter 6 . 8/28/2011
I wanted to review this awhile ago, but never did. I have a few moments so I will do so. I liked the idea and I liked how it ended. The idea that we can't always change fate. Very well-written.
duj chapter 6 . 8/21/2011
He does seem heartless - which means not out of character at all. It's the bothering to comfort that seems out of character. And the half hour of silence as Snape cried: when does canon-Dumbledore ever not take the opportunity to show how much wiser and cleverer he (thinks he) is than anyone else in the room.

(Come on, this is a guy whose so-called love doesn't stop him bringing up its object as a pig for the slaughter. His heartburnings are about how to avoid *telling* Harry, not how to avoid sacrificing him. Maybe that wasn't possible - we don't know for sure if Horcruxed-Voldie could be securely imprisoned like the last Dark Lord was - but there's no indication that Dumbledore ever even *looked* for a way. And until the end of GoF, he was expecting Harry's death to be permanent.)
shyfoxling chapter 3 . 8/19/2011
This is such a neat concept. I've read Time-Turner Sev/Lily fics before but not one where *both* Severus and Lily try it.
Poptart X chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
I enjoy this. It's what I've been craving to read for the past few weeks, thank you.
ChaosGamer chapter 6 . 8/10/2011
Stupid explanations about how time is dangerous...

Great story!
Who Are You What Do You Want chapter 6 . 8/10/2011
loved the story.
Guest chapter 6 . 8/10/2011
That was really good. Your right it was a little sad... But I think your right it needed to happen. Keep up the good work.:D. Ps if you wanna improve your writing try describing the characters and backgrounds. (even though people know what Ron ,for example , looks like but it gives it a more 'book' feel. Same with backgrounds too. What does the astronomy tower look like? This is all stuff that would make your fan fiction that much better. Plus if you are trying to be a writer it is good practice. Over all good job enjoyed reading it. (:D)