Reviews for Bearing Gifts
aragonite chapter 9 . 8/10/2012
Oh my GOSH. I am in love with your Bob Bradstreet! He's truly a gem! I can see him in my mind, as well as everything about that whole chapter! Oh my gosh! This was an unexpected treat for the weekend, and I saved it for the very last.

I'm worried sick in all the right places, but least I get desensitized, you pop up with a warm moment like the chaos that is the Bradstreet household!

A!
James Birdsong chapter 8 . 7/29/2012
Oh very cool story. Very good eight chapters.
mrspencil chapter 8 . 7/29/2012
Delighted to read more from you:-) And don't apologise, we all need time, inclination and inspiration-quality is consistent, so you may need to change your middle name:-)

I am still enjoying the complicated relationships which have developed between the Yarders, and the doggedness of Gregson's enquiries of Lestrade. Interesting twist if a woman is involved in the gruesome events, and quite subtle of Gregson to leave Lestrade to consider the implications-regarding the whole case, and his own attack,

Ready for the next chapter when you are:-)

aragonite chapter 8 . 7/28/2012
Oh.
My.
Word.
I am completely stunned.
This is a pretty twist on things...
Keep writing!
Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 7 . 7/4/2012
More, please?

mrspencil chapter 7 . 6/21/2012
So much impresses me in this chapter; the way you show sparks flying off the yarders yet unshakable loyalty; Watson's personal interest in anything which happens to them; Elizabeth carrying on quietly in the background and the horror building up to the discovery at the end. and all the time, a methodical sifting of evidence and consideration of likely suspects and motives. Grim, but very, very nice work:-)

Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 6 . 6/4/2012
I can see her doing it, too.

More, please? The chase scene was very good.

Aragonite chapter 6 . 6/4/2012
Computer broken, grrrh! I would give this a long, fantastic review that it deserves, but I can only say I'm speechless and amazed and waiting with my breath in my rib cage for the next chapter!
Mary le Bow chapter 6 . 6/2/2012
So glad I was done eating dinner when you told us what was in the box...

Birthday, and if there are presents, they'd better be nice ones. Poor guy deserves it after this. :]
mrspencil chapter 6 . 6/2/2012
You have laid this chapter out beautifully, framed with Lestrade's list. Evans' changing POV of his boss was well done, and Lestrade's chase, injuries and aftermath worked well. I liked the little spike of humour with his daughter, too.

Mrs P :-)

Oh, birthday party or Hopkins vs Lestrade clan:-)
Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 5 . 5/30/2012
SO glad you updated. More, please?

Aragonite chapter 5 . 5/23/2012
I am speechlessly glad to see you back. Thank you! And now I have a reason to check my email every night.
Shall be lifted Nevermore chapter 5 . 5/23/2012
YAY! Finally another chapter!

When is Holmes going to show up?
mrspencil chapter 5 . 5/23/2012
Delighted to see more from you. I have missed your Yarders:) The detail about the various families and relationships is fascinating, I like the grudging acknowledgement from Jones that Lestrade was the best of the yard, and Abigail's exchanges with Lestrade were intriguing; a very effective scene.

I shere Lestrade's feeling that this will get worse..

ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 4 . 12/21/2011
Everybody's coming and going a lot.
61 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »