Reviews for The World of the Moon
SilverIceRing chapter 26 . 2/3/2012
*Puts on smart looking glasses and a lab coat* While not a proven fact just yet, it has been shown that the lowering of fluff in any work is usually inversely proportional to the amount of badass you will then put in.

And having them so casually kill a Dead Apostle that has powers approaching the Second Magic as easily as going for a midnight stroll definitely counts as badass.

Keep them coming!
BrazeRancor chapter 26 . 2/2/2012
Satsujinki is best Shiki!
Bloodhawk 248 chapter 26 . 2/2/2012
This is awesome.

I have no idea whether or not these vignettes are connected, but it never matters anyway. This is most definitely a different kind of story; more action-y, and I approve. (Not a lot of combat, but I like it anyway.)

Arc's personality always shines through, and I feel like you really enjoy writing her, because it's so vibrant. Either way, kudos.

Also, first review! Awesome!
Darkenning chapter 25 . 1/30/2012
Wait ... I thought Arcueid liked Hisui's cooking.

I'm completely missing the point, aren't I?
l3largus chapter 25 . 1/30/2012
That was a really cool bedtime story. Very sweet.

"She was special, was what they said. She was unique, was what they said. She was holy, was what they said. She was different, was what they meant." Once again, you convey Arcuied's past perfectly.
Bloodhawk 248 chapter 25 . 1/28/2012
I haven't reviewed for a while, but there's nothing really to say. I enjoyed 'Contradictory', though I had to do some thinking to figure out it was Ciel's route and not Arc's. I really enjoyed 'Under the Moonlight', because ever since I saw the Nasu Character Web connecting Ciel and Arcueid with the line of 'weird friendship', I wanted them to be more than just hated enemies who can't approve of each other. At first I thought Arcueid seemed too understanding, but she does have a rather childish and generous side to her, which is incredibly endearing, though it isn't much shown to others besides Shiki (a consequence of the harem setup). In fact, reading this, you almost wonder why Ciel hates her in the first place (must be the vampire thing, but still).

And now for Once Upon A Time. This's just...d'oh, so cute. It's high fantasy, and it's really really sweet in how devoted the princess is, and how much she values Shiki for how he treats her. Not like a princess, not as a weapon, but as whoever the hell she turns out to be. Just as Arc.

But the kicker was the last part, where she's tucking her daughter in. Now I know that it's highly unlikely that TAs and humans can breed, but let's face it; if it's possible at all Shiki and Arc are going to do it. Not even fate can refuse them. They'll have their happy ending, damnit, even if they have to cut the Grim Reaper's lines and kick him out of Castle Brunestud's window like a fairy-tale version of the Defenestration of Prague. Defenestration of Brunestud? Meh.

It was sweet, and now I've got a picture of a cute little-mini Arc with Shiki's eyes. D'oh. I have cavities now.

Excellent work.
Taka chapter 25 . 1/28/2012
best arc fairytale
BrazeRancor chapter 25 . 1/28/2012
Just imagine Shiki with his daughter on 'Bring yo daughter to work' day... Madness.

I can't help but feel that you missed out Roa in this story. The initial description sounds like Arc before she drank Roa's blood. But I guess it was a bed time story, haha.
kazuakisama chapter 25 . 1/28/2012
The first part was sad. The second, kind of silly. The third was HNNNNGG.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 25 . 1/28/2012
When I reached the middle of this story I had two thoughts:

1) Kinda reminded me of that dream of Arcueid's in manga (The one that ended with Shiki, kissing the sleeping princess).

2) If Shiki and Arcuied had children, Arc would tell exactly the same stories to them.

I'm more than pleased that it was indeed the #2.

And let's face it Arcuied has more of a story-telling air about her than any other character in the series, so Shiki in anturally an inferior story-teller.

Great job!
SilverIceRing chapter 25 . 1/28/2012
That was pretty awesome. Really took me back to the days I got told stories (imagine how old I must feel, as storytelling of this form is almost extinct nowadays).

I almost feel like printing this out and telling it to my little brothers; I'm sure they'd come to enjoy it. Or my cousin. She'd like it too.

Keep it up!
BrazeRancor chapter 24 . 1/24/2012
I always thought that these 2 could be friends. Like you suggested, they are similar.
SilverIceRing chapter 24 . 1/24/2012

First you tell me it's okay to like Arc over Ciel, and that I shouldn't feel bad about it... And yet you write a chapter dedicated entirely to her, making me feel bad for her all over again?

Make up your mind; do you want to torture me, or not?

Just kidding. It was as enjoyable as always. I really like the bond between Ciel and Arc, considering that they truly do have a few things in common (Shiki, being manipulated by Roa, being abnormal, Shiki, having to follow orders from higher ups like the Church and Gaia, Shiki...).

Though I think Arc would be hard pressed with saying the same line to Akiha without at least a few token attempts at getting her heat plundered.

Either way, thanks for the update on Phantasmoon (I freaked out about the "months" thing, but I've calmed down now), and keep on updating!
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 24 . 1/24/2012
Just read my earlier review and it was kind of a recod breaker (in being confusing and vague that is).

It kind of strange the way those two, the distant Princess of White Moon, and merciless assassin of the church had their ice broken by the same person. In fact if I ever call them similar that would be the One proof I needed.

On a side note, I've finished the manga some times ago and rather liked it ( a bit more than the recent Naruto and Bleach).

PS: Don't you think Shiki and Shirou deserved what they got in Carvinal Phantasm.

PPS: Any chance of meeting Arc's sister?
Darkenning chapter 23 . 1/20/2012
An intriguing exploration of Arcueid's motivations in this particular sequence of events. I do wish that you'd followed up to show the scenes in between those that you did, if only to acknowledge the other side of this.

I have to admit that I think you might be softening her just a touch. She does say that she's okay with Shiki liking other people as long as he likes her, but then points out to Ciel that she really means that she wants to get him in the end. (Of course, that could just be her messing with Ciel's mind. On the other hand, *I* like to think of them in a menage a trois, but you probably aren't going to go there ...)
122 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »