Reviews for Plans
tyrantqueenofcons chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
OOOh, a little tension I sense...Maybe it's just how I interpreted the whole thing...well, still touching nonetheless.
hummergrey chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
I felt bad for Sam when Optimus opened up the link of the severed bond. I understand why but Sam is human. He mind will act defensively and may create a block. In your other fic, you had his subconscious see the helicopter on the ship as a problem. Now, you have an option. The brain tries to forget or block great pain. Sam ghostlike on the ship, never quite meeting Oitmus or armored, a defense to keep the pain further away. Could be all types of stuff as you choose. Or not.

You have a wonderful way of writing that obviously readers love. Keep it up please.
hummergrey chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Wonderful as ever. I like how you worked in the actual lines with your imagination of what they felt and did more than the book version. As always, your Prime is younger seeming and more emotional.
femme4jack chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
There is so much in the movie that feels so OOC for Optimus that you are doing a brilliant job explaining here. I have a similar head canon on the "We'll kill them all" line - the matrix and Optimus have accepted earth and humanity as being their own, and the flagrant, gleeful hunting down of those Optimus has claimed...well...it brings out the mama bear Prime side, only I can imagine him having to deal with the horror of his actions and violence after as he realizes that those he killed were also "his"

Here is a fascinating movie-novel difference. In the novel, Megatron asks for peace, that all he wants it to return to Cybertron, rebuild, to be done with fighting. Cybertron is not destroyed in the novel, and Optimus accepts Megatron's offer! Huge difference, huh?

I...I can only hope that in this version, Megatron is finally free in death. I'll never forget the beautiful chapter you wrote about Optimus's dream about his brother after deactivation.

The end has me worried that all is not yet well between these two, which I'm sure it isn't. Lots they need to heal. Great job!
Pagen Godess chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
oh that was good. the next chapter should be interesting. i don't know why but i had the mental image of epps chewing optimus out for what he did to sam over the bond. that of course probably wouldn't happen but it amuses me.
Eclectic Butterfly chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
WOW! THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH! The "we will kill them all" line in the movie threw me because it was SO NOT Optimus! But with your usual talent, you have explained it so well and it fits wonderfully.

I am looking forward to Sam and Optimus fixing things between them.

Amazing job!
SunlightOnTheWater chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
Great chapter and you capture the feelings that went along with the scene so perfectly! Glad you continued this
yamiishot chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
Oh this severed arm? Just a scratch, really. Absolutely fine. Nothing to worry about.

I wonder what will come in the aftermath? I can't wait to see :3
luinrina chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
Wow, just wow. I can’t get enough of your stories. They’re always just awesome.

I like the brooding of Optimus. He would of course question things and wonder about the future. What I don’t quite get, however, is that Optimus and Sentinel don’t have a brother bond. In “The Tie That Binds” Optimus told Sam that all Primes are brothers. Since Sentinel is a Prime, he and Optimus should share a bond, more so because Sentinel was Optimus’ mentor a long time ago. (Then again, this story is obviously AU from the Botosphere’s fanon, with the exception of Sam and Optimus sharing a bond, so that could be an explanation.) (Another thought just occurred to me: Optimus muses that if Sentinel had touched the Matrix when he offered it to his old mentor, they would have shared a bond. Sentinel rejected the position Optimus offered him. Maybe he knew that Megatron had severed the brother bond with Optimus? And he refused the offer to spare Optimus another severing of a brother bond when he was going to turn traitor? That still doesn’t really explain why Sentinel and Optimus didn’t have a brother bond to begin with, but maybe it’s just me not being able to wrap my head around the entire thing with bonds.)

I really liked the little flashbacks when Optimus pondered over the punishments for deserters and traitors, especially the role the twins had. It’s sad really to see Sideswipe without his brother, knowing the two of them form such an effective team. But it was nice to get more background information of the centuries-long war they have been fighting. The more intense was Optimus’ realization that it would be upon him to bring down his former mentor. I can’t begin to imagine what that must feel like. Because, traitor or not, Sentinel would still mean a lot to Optimus, even though he killed Ironhide and was responsive for many human lives lost. Like Optimus himself thought: *Sentinel* taught Optimus the right of freedom and peace – so where did he go astray?

Optimus acknowledging the humans as his kin had me have goosebumps. This revelation was really powerful. It shows how much Optimus and Sam had grown together through the bond, so much so that Optimus regarded the humans like he would have regarded kin to bonded Cybertronians. It welds together two people, giving the Autobots an even bigger incentive to fight the Decepticons to end this meaningless slaughter.

Sam and Optimus reconnecting over the bond was beautiful. The way you described Sam tentatively brush against Optimus’ spark reminded me of butterfly wings – soft, fleeting, gentle. Great imagery. In a sense, Sam is still a kid, not fully understanding of how deep the bond can run. That and the awe and surprise at seeing the ‘bots alive. But even more important is that Sam can pull from the strength Optimus gives him and lead the humans into the battle. Human Prime indeed.

The ending scene was nice. Once could argue if it was a little short, but you weren’t aiming for a full-blown recounting of the battle rather than the relationship between Optimus and Sam at this point. Therefore, the not-quite verbal exchange via the bond on the bridge was great. And I just loved the implicated humor at Ratchet’s bedside manner. (You really should write a story with Optimus and Ratchet after a battle where the doc has to repair the Prime. I would *love* to see Ratchet intimidating Prime and pulling medical rank to get Optimus to stay put and heal instead of running off again right away. It would show so much about the dynamics between the CMO and Prime. :D)

Last but not least, we’re going to get another chapter where Optimus and Sam just talk about everything that happened, right? *puppy dog eyes* Because even though with this chapter the first tentative reconnections are made, there’s still so much left unsaid. And I just adore you writing about Sam and Optimus.

So, like I said at the beginning: Just awesome.

(PS: Did you get the PM I sent about a week ago? Just wondering. :) )
Technophobia678 chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
Another update so soon? My birthday isn't until next week! This was great. Poor Optimus is so conflicted and troubled by his decisions. And while Sam is happy to see them, he's not trying to do anything with the breech between them. They clearly have a lot to talk about.

No battle scenes, ah well. They can't share thoughts so it was unlikely but are you gonna do a shared dream again? Optimus's reaction to Sam killing Starscream and Dylan would be interesting-understatement. But their betrayals are the main thing they need to talk about.

Anyway I shouldn't be giving you ideas, it's your story and I love it. Thanks again
Quathis chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
This really explains that line about killing them all. Always kinda rubbed me wrong. But hearing his people cheering and joking at slaughter would pull out RamboOptimus. Will we see things through Sam's eyes at any point? We have an idea of what he went through, but your descriptions do a great job explaining what happened underneath the visuals of the movie. Until next time.
dragonwitch250 chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
Good chapter, though a little short with the battle scenes. I wonder how they would fix their bond too, and get everything out in the open. As I usually say I can't wait for more!
IronRaven chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
I'll start with the end this time- Sam walking. He's hurt and bit torqued off at Optimus despite the relief, but also, Optimus is stable. There is still work to be done. If you stop, you'll never get started again. Let's do what needs to be done to complete the mission, and then we'll talk. Sam is being a good trooper.

Curse Bey for leaving Sideswipe a cripple- he's a twin, for Primus' sake!

And while I'm not happy with how Sentinal and Megatron were extinquished, could it have been anyone else but Optimus? Only he could remove his twisted brother from the 'verse, if for no other reason that familial honor. And only he could take the spark of another Prime. Sucks to be the big 'bot, that's why he is where he is.

And I liked the "my Prime"- is that anything like "my Doctor"?
meeper chapter 3 . 8/5/2011