Reviews for Road To Sedition
Darth Vindictus chapter 35 . 6/26/2013
This was quite a well written story. There were a few interesting twists as it proceeded. The individual characters had varying personalities and quirks, which is not as common as or as easy to do as people think. Well done and I look forward to reading the others in this vein.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 35 . 3/8/2012
I had a gut feeling that Tenoch escaped the final battle alive, and here he is! I agree, this open ending lets you set the stage for future adventures, a good move. Wolfgang might be pleased by the AW-002 pilots, however: they don't have the flaws that the AW-001 pilots do! There are very few AW-002 pilots but they can be replicated once the technology is studied well enough.

I am interested to see what this 3048 story is going to be! Glad you enjoyed My Father's Friend, and I had great fun reading this story.
The Colonel 382 chapter 35 . 3/7/2012
A very good ending my friend.

Although some of the loose ends will prove interesting...

;)
stonegnome1 chapter 35 . 3/7/2012
I wonder if they have figured in Wolfgang Hansen's reaction when he finds out Major Tenoch is still alive having abandoned his command and when his very existence befoules the reputation of the rough riders.

Given the planets record of revolution and counter revolution it seems a bad idea to sponsor yet another one, especially lead by the hated Major Tenock. Perhaps a political arrangement with the Davions would make more sense or are only loud explosions exciting?
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 34 . 3/7/2012
Not only is Shuran a good negotiator, but he stays cool in a firefight and has Samantha providing sniper support. Very crafty ways to deal with shady Capellan Confederation agents! Tuani IV keeps up its reputation as a haven for the good guys.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 33 . 3/6/2012
So, Rocher doesn't like that he and the 8th were being used just to test the capabilities of the Cleaver 'mechs, so he quits! That explains how he became a freelancer who joins the Ridinghood Cavaliers later on. Nice work there.

Just one thing: the major's speech was impressive, but it sounds funny for him to mis-use the word opposition. That word does not become plural with an "s", because it's a mass noun, not a count noun like apples or bananas. Rather, he should have said something like "You were met with hard opposition" and "what your opposition would be." While I'm on the subject, the words ammunition, infantry, aircraft, anger, and equipment do not use an "s" to become plural. The same goes for "gear" when you're talking about a soldier's gear. Saying "gear" as in a piece of machinery, like a clock's gears, is fine with an "s".
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 32 . 3/2/2012
Everyone's pretty much been assigned to the jobs they're best at. Being a mob boss's son, I'm sure that Austin was taught how to handle various kinds of business and learned how to negotiate with others, and James has the skills and guts to lead a guard army. Poor Meiko misses Rocher, though!

Near the end, there seem to be a few lines missing. At one moment Meiko accepted the offer to be Jenna's guard, then they talked about a proposal, then about shopping. What connection is there? Unless I'm thinking about this the wrong way :P

Reading this is really making me want to update Steel Wolf...
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 31 . 3/1/2012
So far everything's wrapping up in a pretty tidy fashion: Jenna rules at last, and Rocher's mission is complete. Tenoch's still out there, and Nisha is still in danger: I wonder if there's a few more chapters to come? This story hasn't been marked as "complete," after all!
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 30 . 2/28/2012
Death From Above? Rocher has style, I can say that much. He and the others fought well for Callone VI's freedom, but you never know, the mechs they fought might have been a decoy group of amateurs and the real Roughriders are coming up to ambush the freedom fighters once they let their guard down! Rocher and the others had better watch their backs.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 29 . 2/24/2012
I like that analogy story that Shuran used, the one about Gauls and Romans. It's the placebo effect! Reminds me of a Futurama episode where Bender used a supposedly miraculous ingredient to win a cooking contest, but the ingredient was really just water. Amazing what the right mindset can do.

That last scene reveals a bit about Tenoch's character: he's stubborn and proud, even if he has to fight a difficult battle without help. In a way that's admirable, especially since accepting that assitance would ruin the point of conquering Callone VI in the first place. Let's see how that will turn out!
stonegnome1 chapter 29 . 2/24/2012
I wonder if the Alliance will now approach the rebels? They do not care who is the theoretical ruler as long as the planet joins the Alliance. The rebels might well have an easier time ruling and thus be better partners. The Alliance might well score points by helping with the rebuilding.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 28 . 1/8/2012
Great action, and everyone's fighting just the way they should, particularly Shuran. It was fun to see him take on two heavy 'mechs and defeat them without taking a hit. There was one point where the text stated "Jenna linked his light PPC", but that's a minor problem to fix.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 27 . 1/6/2012
Rocher is thinking about Meiko's "cute little ass cheeks"? Sometimes you surprise me with the kind of words you use! I found that pretty funny, but it is interesting to see Rocher so enamored with a woman. Plus, we get some new action with Rocher taking on an airbase and getting help from an unidentified source. Cliffhanger!
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 26 . 1/5/2012
Whoops! Rocher kinda let Meiko slip between his fingers there. Well, asking a girl to leave her beloved home, especially a home in need, is asking an awful lot.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 25 . 1/4/2012
It's beyond me how Rocher does it: he harases women all the time, but then he makes them want him! I dunno if Meiko's either falling into a trap or actually bringing herself into something she'll like... who knows with Rocher?

Can't wait for the next battle! I hope that Jenna herself joins the fight. PM me if you want a reminder about her 'mech's specs (or James's).