Reviews for The Only Exception
Kodama91 chapter 26 . 11/23/2011
I hope you are planning on writing a sequel to this wonderful story. I would love to see shepard and kaiden reunite!
Darth-Acheron47 chapter 26 . 10/14/2011
Sigh. So good. Even though it's sad that this is over, and doubly so since Kaidan had to leave, I really think this was a very good ending to a very fun, well-written story. All of your characterizations were spot on, and the little moments from the birthday party to the argument over which movie they were going to watch were sweet and a lot of fun to read.

Once again, thank you for sharing this. I hope you continue to write, and that the story of Keira and Kaidan continues into ME3 when it comes out.
Darth-Acheron47 chapter 24 . 10/8/2011
I don't know why anyone would want to skip this chapter. :) Very well written - loved it as always. Thanks!
Darth-Acheron47 chapter 18 . 9/12/2011
Sorry it took me so long to review! Stupid homework.

It's nice to see that the rest of the crew is sticking around, even if Kaidan has to go back to the Alliance. Which makes me sad, because of course I would love nothing more than for the two of them to just be happy and get to stay together, even if it is completely impractical. :)

I've really enjoyed your story. Is this going to be the last chapter? If so, I'll have to keep an eye out for sequels in the future.

Thanks again for sharing this!
makesometime chapter 16 . 9/4/2011
Ah, the perfect antidote to all that pain! I fear them not giving us the chance to solve it so quickly in the game, so reading may be the closest I get to the new beginning I want :)
Darth-Acheron47 chapter 16 . 9/3/2011
Yay! I'm so glad to see the two of them together again. I love that Kaidan was there to help Keira and get her through her nightmares and then recognize that she needed him, and needed the chance to explain everything.

I liked Miranda's protective streak as well. That made me laugh - that she automatically assumes that Kaidan did something to Shepard.

I really hope there's some chance for something like this in ME3.

Thanks again for sharing, and for the regular updates. (And for the beautiful reunion in this chapter.) More soon, please!
Darth-Acheron47 chapter 14 . 8/30/2011
I swear, I read that e-mail so many times, I think I have it memorized. :)

I like that Shepard is concerned about whether or not Kaidan trusts her, and I also like that she's not as worried about the doctor. She never struck me as the crazy jealous type, and I don't like fics that turn her into that.

I'm dying to see what his reaction to all this is, though.

Good job with the Horizon scene and with the aftermath as well. You do a really great job working that emotion in and yet not letting it cripple the characters. It's something I think a lot of writers struggle with, and the balance here is really good.

I love seeing the alerts when you update! It always makes my day. Thank you again, and I hope to see more soon.
Darth-Acheron47 chapter 11 . 8/23/2011
Damn. Even knowing what's coming doesn't make it any easier. This whole chapter was harrowing - seeing the reactions of Kaidan and even Garrus and Joker after the Normandy is destroyed just makes me want to cry. Or hug all of them.

Nicely done.

As much as I like this story, I'm almost afraid of the infamous Horizon scene. Remind me to bring tissues.
makesometime chapter 11 . 8/23/2011
Oh, *ouch*. Lovely though!
Darth-Acheron47 chapter 8 . 8/16/2011
I just wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying this story. I really like the way that you write the characters, and the moments with Keira and Kaidan acting like a normal couple.

Thanks for sharing! I hope to see more soon!
makesometime chapter 8 . 8/16/2011
So much of this lines up with my imaginings of my own Shep's time with Kaidan that it's actually spooky. Really enjoying it :)
makesometime chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
Too cute! I love the image of him checking the coast is clear before sneaking a kiss.
YellowJay22 chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
D'awww! This is super cute. I'mma liking it ;) Keep 'em coming!
Jenna53 chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
WOW! That was hot! Keep it up. Thanks.
makesometime chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
I think I might adopt this chapter as my personal canon. I really love both your interpretation of the locker scene and then the new addition at the end!