Reviews for Gwaith i Innas Lain: Quenta Ambarmetto
RagingCacti chapter 10 . 1/11
No words. None at all. Well, perhaps just too many. Everything was magnificent. This is the best story I have ever read on this site in my entire time on this earth. Your grasp of the lore is amazing, your dedication to the accurate translations astounding, and everything else... some other word starting with 'a'. Im giddy right now. I came into this, or rather, the preceding story, expecting somebody had just thought to make Dean and Same decedents of Turin... but goddamn...

Thank you.
Kelana-ti chapter 10 . 11/27/2014
*snicker snicker*
Whoa. This story is amazing. Honestly, I was torn between giggling at the sheer crossoverness of it all and on the edge of my seat the whole time. It's a rare story that flawlessly combines two worlds, and I feel that you did pretty good. :D
I love how true you kept the brothers, and how wonderfully fuzzy-real the Tolkien parts felt. So true to his books, they felt like a reflection of RL in a way, of our human nature and of God's.
Really kinda funny, that I read this during November, when the Catholics are reading Revelations during mass. End of the world and all that... Really appreciate how you bring God into your stories without it feeling jarring.
Dean and Sam as heirs of Isildur! LOL. THAT fact had me smiling all day.
Yeah, so this was a fun ride. Now I'm having fun going through your other stories...
viressiel chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
The whole story was great, but I cracked up at the last sentence, priceless. The way you merged all the stories was brilliant and you made it believable. Thank you for a well written and enjoyable story.
Zophiel chapter 8 . 5/5/2013
. . . I'm not sure, as it was years ago, but the first place I recall the "Dinner-jacket" nickname was The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler. . . or maybe IMAO, because that is Frank's sense of humor (This is the guy who wrote the brilliant essay on why the US should nuke the Moon. . .). One of those two. Actually, now that I think on it a bit more, I think the latter. Frank was an early leader in the humor-dept. I wanna say, older than Iowahawk, even. . . (?)

*hugs* Yes, I'm still having major geek-fits, but I'm trying to not flood your inbox over squees of "Sam knows his Constitution! Yay Constitution!Sam" and "!Mossad!"

Oh, and yes, in the Left Behind series, it was one of the main characters (American) who tried to assasinate the Anti-Christ with a .50 cal Desert Eagle with HP ammo. Failed, spectacularly, of course. But a fun visual, every time I see one of those types of guns (too big for my hands, I'll take my little .45 1911 anyday. . .) and think "And that's what you use to fail in slaying the Anti-Christ. . . "

Lol. Have a great day!
Fortune Zyne chapter 10 . 5/24/2012
This was a very interesting series. Well done! Lol, FĂ«anor never got over it. XD
alicat54 chapter 10 . 3/30/2012
this is crack-tastically awesome. i have no idea what posessed you to mash these two worlds together- but damn!

you know it's good, as this is the first time I've sworn in a review!
MrEmperor chapter 10 . 1/18/2012
Another really good story. Your skill at blending the mythos shines through your work. Well done!
Megan Doe chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Impressively rad. That is all.
mischief7manager chapter 10 . 8/30/2011
I laughed, I cried, I wished that I had read the Silmarillion all the way through. (Hey, I was twelve and it read like the book of Genesis.) Masterful writing, of both fandoms. I love it deeply.
AuntMo chapter 10 . 8/11/2011
I got to read this yesterday(before work, thank goodness) but I just getting around to reviewing now.

The whole fic was wonderful and I enjoyed it all. I can't say that the ending was a surprise because, well, we know how the story ends ;) But I am glad I read it before I left for work, becasue crying at work, even tears fo joy, isn't usually a good thing to do.
AuntMo chapter 8 . 8/9/2011
I have read somehwere, too Meg being called Megara, but I have missed the blog referring to Ahmadinejad as "I'm-a-dinner-jacket", though I won't soon forget it.

I laughed out loud at the Tim LaHaye reference, because a group of us read the LB books one summer on vacation and found them...well, let's just say reading them out loud as a group gave us an entertainment experience that I don't think the author intended, but did provoke much discussion. I don't recall the assisn being Mossad either.

And so now we are moving into the Zombie Apocalypse? Good thing the CDC wrote that blog on it...

:P
AuntMo chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
Driving there was a great choice! And this:... and yet they somehow seemed to be even more themselves than they ever had been... that hit me ..I loved that line!
AuntMo chapter 6 . 8/7/2011
Another good chapter...

I think I am just a big sap, because you had me teary eyed when Elrond was giving the boys their heirlooms and it was a nice reprieve after all of the drama from the last chapter, though I know there is more to come.

It was good to see Henricksen again, as well as Ben as Lisa, and of course, Gandalf, Galadriel, Elrond and tho others. Love that you called the twins Twin A and Twin B. Both my sister and my best friend had twins. When they were pregnant and had ultrasounds that is what the babies were called until they born!
Tonnocal chapter 6 . 8/7/2011
oh, joy!

You should post this at twisting the hellmouth, so it can be nominated in their crossover awards.

Love the internal logic and coherency.

This story is made of awesome.

If you've seen AvatarTLA, you should read 'Embers' by Vathara. You have a similar attention to detail and plot development.
AuntMo chapter 5 . 8/6/2011
I have been keeping up with this, but this is my first chance to review in awhile

Dean and Sam descendants in two ways...brilliant!

Zachariah being responsible for Bobby's condition instead if Meg...I always thought Zach was creepier honestly.

Maglor dies instead of Jo and Ellen...sad and yet just as fitting.

And this is shaping up to be a very fitting Dagor Dagorath.