Reviews for Subtle Changes
Lightning Eterna chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I like the thought process behind this, because it confirms my belief that Ron is an exemplary case of the "Brilliant but Lazy" phenomenon. People just assume he's an idiot, or a Male Ditz, because of his childlike personality and his tendency to procrastination, but I do think that it's due to an innate insecurity that he struggles with throughout the entire series. The one thing I love about Kim and Ron's dynamic is how the both of them are classic cases of human potential and the different ways in which they approach it. Ron is most definitely skilled and intelligent in regards to a wide variety of things, but unlike Kim, he's more selective about letting it show.

I'd have definitely liked to see more of Ron's talents exhibited in the series, but I can also appreciate the subtlety of his character traits and developments. His Quintessencial Ronness is something we'd sorely miss if it weren't there. :)
holydemon00 chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Actually, Ron never lost his weirdness that attracted Kim to him in the first place. His critical observation is still as sharp as ever (particularly regarding Barkin's teaching), he still makes obnoxious statement and draws senseless conclusion, and he can create ingenious invention (the naco) if his motivation allows it.

His seemingly decline in intellect is just the result of years of procrastination. Even the sharpest mind will dull from lack of use. Though frankly, everyone is capable of doing anything, even creating doomsday device, if they put enough time and effort into it.
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Very interesting work there T M, Cajun Bear called me earlier today and gave me a 'heads up' and to check your tale out.

This is a very good look into the background behind 'A SiT'. I remember the episode very well and have it on two discs. So an understanding of why Ron could talk in 'big peoples' words'. So when things 'change' will Ron let the red head become the dominant one or just let her think she is?

Larry (Sentinel 103)
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Yeah I, and a few others out here, felt Ron had so much potential buried within. And Kim's presence with his fear of losing her if he let that potential out, on his terms, seemed to be an underlying factor in becoming the slacker, yet hidden power in the pairing.

And we saw what happened those times when he cut loose.

CB73

PS: Glad to see ya back!