Reviews for The Doors They Opened
Doppler Effect chapter 26 . 9/16/2014
Loved, loved, LOVED this. I felt like you portrayed things so accurately, no matter how depressing it was. The only thing I was expecting that I was surprised didn't happen was that there weren't as many comparisons to the Holocaust camps as I anticipated, but that wasn't really a problem since the similarities were king of obvious.

Erik in particular was interesting because his decision to not become Magneto made a lot of sense. After all, in the movie he doesn't actually know Charles is paralyzed, and he's leaving him with people who are entirely stable and in a situation that he should be able to recover from. But here, too much shit's gone down since they met, and even if the above still applied, Charles has lost too much for Erik to be able to consider removing himself from the equation, so to me this was a much better version of Erik staying than most stories do where they just say he sees the wrong of his ways. I also loved how he was smart enough to just stay out of arguments with Charles and just do whatever he was going to do without bothering to discuss it when he knew it regarded Charles's safety.

I also loved Charles, because he just doesn't give up on people even when he has every right to be. I mean, damn, he makes sure Erik doesn't kill any of the lead people, like Shaw or Stryker, but he takes it beyond that point and is even shocked that Erik accidentally killed his assaulter! He gives everyone a chance unless he feels like they can no longer trust him (Days of Future Past with Erik... and he STILL forgives him at the end once they've been around each other for only a few hours). And more importantly, I felt like you got the attack right. You lingered on it long enough that it wasn't just brushed off, but Charles isn't totally crippled by it, which most people incorrectly portray when they try to write something like that. When they have to, victims are strong enough to pull themselves together, and Charles has something he has to fight for.

Anyway, thanks for writing!
mathgash chapter 26 . 8/10/2014
That was amazing ! Thanks a lot
weemcg33 chapter 26 . 8/1/2014
This was epic! Kept me going for many days and nights and I'm almost sorry that I've reached the end. It's been a wild ride, full of hurt, comfort, love and friendship. A masterpiece my friend, well done!
weemcg33 chapter 18 . 7/31/2014
OMG the part with little Jean was soooo cute, then everything was just so heartbreaking that I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. You are an amazing author and this story has me so engrossed that I almost wish it took me longer to read. The idea for this is so good and so well written that I just wanna hug you and tell you how awesome you are!
weemcg33 chapter 3 . 7/29/2014
Awww this is great and I love how you write both Charles and Raven's relationship. They really are the most awesome brother and sister EVER! Can't wait for Erik to come into it.
fadedSorrow chapter 26 . 6/17/2014
Really really beautiful and moving story, loved the tragedies and their struggles and how they held on together and lead to the happy ending. It's like watching a movie in my head, it's that vivid and impactful. Awesome (:
happy-me-111 chapter 26 . 12/13/2012
Just got done sobbing for ten minutes because this story is over. No joke. Beautiful, in a trillion different ways. You are a fantastic writer, had me on the edge of my seat the whole way. Your writing of characters was spot on. The relationship between Erik and Charles was perfection. The addition of Logan and Jean was superb. I will never have enough good things to say.
RedheadedMarina chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I first read this story on AO3 and I was absolutely blown away by it. Your writing style is clear, concise, and you have a very vivid sense for description and characterization that allows the reader to be pulled in and feel what the characters are feeling. I really like that you take a minimalist approach to some of the most painful scenes (Charles and Moira in prison, Charles' attack) because it allows the reader to feel even more strongly for the characters, knowing that they're trying to suppress their own pain. Excellent story, excellent work. Thanks for writing and I look forward to reading more of your stories.
HotChocolate in Summer chapter 26 . 8/17/2012
Just spectacular! I love this story. The emotions are raw and truthful, and you pointed our some things I would have never thought about, like this door thing? Just awesome. Keep writing my friend.
Valkyrie-Pleasant chapter 26 . 4/21/2012
Perfection, my friend
EmperialGem21 chapter 26 . 4/1/2012
Finally, I've not reviewed in awhile due to school and real life and all that jazz. I love everything about this story, its originality and plot and you've done a superb job with it. Do I hint a sequel at the end there? Any who love your story and love your writing. Keep it up!
Haylia Jones chapter 26 . 3/19/2012
great fic
The Singing Duck chapter 26 . 3/18/2012
WHOA! That was an epic adventure! Maybe someday you'll find the time to write a sequel...

But I know you already have a lot of work, what with 'Do you love me', 'Ten months', and I don't forget 'Never let me go'.

Great job!
aerorolo chapter 26 . 3/18/2012
PERFECT ENDING IS PERFECT!

I'm so sad to see this end but I'm so so so happy that everyone is getting back on their feet and yay for happy ending 8D

I was getting worried that Shaw and Emma would come back ;_;

I love the bromance between Charles and Erik. And even though, I ship Cherik, it was really good. My creys for Moira and Charles ;3; I love how you're written all of this. And Jean was just absoutely adorable. I just want to hug her! Kudos to you! I have really enjoyed reading this and there's probably a lot more I would want to say but omg, I'm so happy to be on this journey with this fic.

You are an amazing writer, splendid job! I hope to see more from you again :D
Numberone4eva chapter 26 . 3/16/2012
*weeps* this is sooooo emotional! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! No its ended! Uwaaaaaahhhhhhhh! *cries harder* noooooooooooo! It was a beautiful story. *sniff* please tell me you'll write another Charles/Erik fic? Please? *puppy eyes*