Reviews for The Paths Diverge
PappyOldGuy chapter 16 . 4h
Interesting and (well enough written in my opinion) very good story. I like it, I like it a lot! It seems to be meshing the realities quite well, and I can hardly wait (but I will) to see where it all goes. I do know this, when someone who is not the creator of a character, writes about them, it is to have them do something that the creator doesn't want to or didn't think of. I know that I always think of my favorite characters doing things, I have never read of in books or seen them doing in movies. I think it is fantastic that others (here in "FanFiction") are actually writing their stories of what they want them to do in a "What If" world. For those who complain that the characters would not do this or that, forget them. You need to write this first for yourself, and then for the rest of us who do enjoy your take on what just might, could, should, would and probability (if a frog had wings, his ass wouldn't bump the ground nearly so often) can happen. I do know this as well, I am enjoying it and will follow it as long as you will write it. Also, do NOT feel pushed to post, sometimes the words and thoughts just flow and sometimes you have to cogitate for a bit. Just learn to let them grow at their own pace and those of us who appreciate them will be here to read them when they are posted.

Thank you so much for sharing.
PappyOldGuy chapter 1 . 14h
Interesting start to what promises to be a good story. I have read quite a number of Harry Potter stories, and most have been good. It looks as if it will likely take a few chapters to get all your main characters and store line fleshed out, but with the hints provided I like where I see this going.

Thanks for sharing!
*le gasp* how could you compare Lockheart to Jar Jar Binks? Poor Jar Jar is much more competent
TacoKing23 chapter 11 . 12/1
There is no such thing as being too tough on Gilderoy Lockhart.
61394 chapter 16 . 11/30
Good story
Basing the story on a moronic gay story writer is really stupid. That almost tell ant respectiful reader to drop it as just crap. Homosexual lovers stories are just that morons
Gina chapter 2 . 11/20
If English is a second (third) language, kudos to you for writing in English!

Also thanks as I'm loving your story.
Tetraphosphate chapter 16 . 11/19
I really enjoyed reading this story!
Nevany chapter 16 . 11/13
I really really liked this. From sensible parents kitchening the snot out of insensible wizard folk, to the rambunctious group of magical kids deciding their own value with or without magic (but never without the skillet and rolling pins), with found family and not giving an inch to protect them. It was great and I loved it. (Especially Henry, whom I've developed a little heart flutter for. Every gal needs a Henry, I think)
The way you wrote fit perfectly with the format, skipping the bits we all know and showing us where the new paths went. And I'm super glad and proud of Neville and wish I could hug him when his gran found out he could do magic and he told her why he'd not said anything. I really wanna know what went through her head then and the conversation after.
A fav story, that's for sure! Thank you for sharing!
agentplanty1 chapter 16 . 11/10
First few chapters were rough, but after it gained momentum, the story was impossible to put down. Loved the troll scene. Graveyard skills
VikXX chapter 16 . 11/6
That was just perfect, I'm so glad I found this story. I never felt like buying a frying pan.
ANGSWIN chapter 16 . 11/4
What a delightfully fun story!
I am so glad that I accidentally found it.
ANGSWIN chapter 11 . 11/4
A note on your footnote: How could anybody think that you were too tough on Lockhart? Anybody who read CoS had to know that the man was a total idiot...as well as a fraud!
ANGSWIN chapter 7 . 11/4
I simply love how you are bringing in all of the muggleborns, etc.

Also, I agree with the footnote. I was an early reader as well, as were both of my children. In fact, my son's preschool teacher used to get him to read for the class when she was busy. LOL!
ANGSWIN chapter 2 . 11/4
Oh...this is so entertaining! It is so different than any other Harry-is-rescued-from-the-Dursleys story than I have read before. I look forward to reading more! :)
1,885 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »