Reviews for The Paths Diverge
Erik chapter 12 . 3/16
In response to AN: It probably was Obliviation (and Confunding), the Ministry has multiple departments dedicated to the job of keeping Muggles in the dark.
I don't know the specific legal precedent you speak of, but it might postdate the Statute of Secrecy and wizarding divergence from muggle law.
While I agree in principle that Veritaserum should be used in every trial, keep in mind that it's only a marginal improvement, not a panacea. Occlumency blocks Veritaserum. Storing your thoughts in a Pensieve works too - can't confess things you don't remember.
Overall I think you're painting Wizarding Britain in a bit contradictory way as being accomplished enough to have lots of horrible shit lying around, but still incompetent and fragile enough that one diligent Muggle can make so much of it unroll. Then again Rowling hardly paints an internally consistent world either.
Erik chapter 10 . 3/16
I think this chapter marks a turning-point where the story has gone from making fun of the dysfunctional aspects of wizarding society, to being more of an author tract and attacking caricatures. The canon hogwarts letters update from "cupboard" to "smallest bedroom" the day after Harry moves, they shouldn't be going to Petunia several years later. Also, why is Skele-Gro involved here? In canon it was used because Lockhart _vanished_ Harry's bones; Pomfrey said she could have fixed _broken_ ones easily on the spot.
Me chapter 17 . 3/2
This was such a great fanfic I'm really sorry to see it end...perhaps a skillet-wielding sequel is on the horizon? ;) this made me laugh so much and I'm definitely recommended it to all my friends!
tarahpmalfoy chapter 10 . 2/27
I love Cinderella and Snow White. It's a shame they didn't watch them.
Darboria chapter 16 . 2/27
Hi! I just read the whole story in one go, and I liked it a lot! It's funny, witty, and I like Dragon-Mother Natasja :)
Good writing!
tarahpmalfoy chapter 7 . 2/27
I was the same way as a ki . I read more than I talked actually. I was reading Harry Potter at seven.
SortingHat chapter 17 . 2/15
F-you for going commercial and being a greedy saleswomen! The masses are asses.
SortingHat chapter 2 . 2/15
I find it funny that no summary fics and fics that just bashes the rules seems the most popular. I'd highly recommend AO2 for weird format stories as it has those all the time.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 2/15
Umm you didn't put a summary up.
68phoenix chapter 16 . 2/15
interesting fic going through his entire school years plus but in a much more normal style. as in not a huge amount to write about so just the important parts. I wish there had been more detail about some things but all in all very good
WrathofAjax chapter 8 . 2/1
"The Paths Diverge' aka Harry potter meets aalll the good guys by age 11. ( not a critique just a funny observation for reasons of comedy)
SirLaze chapter 16 . 1/26
A really entertaining read. Glad I stumbled upon and decided to read it.
It was funny,very to the point and didn't drag on. Thank you!
Millie chapter 16 . 1/25
Totally enjoyable, glossing over the plot holes. Well drawn characters, with good use of secondary individuals. Didn't miss the Weasleys at all! Especially Ron.
Millie chapter 10 . 1/25
Why would Natasja be using a quill? Where would she get hold of one? She's a mundane. how did she arrive? Is it new policy at Hogwarts to notify non magical parents when their kids are hurt? They never have before. There should have been hell to pay with the petrifications when parents knew nothing until kids arrived home for summer breaks. Loved Natasja telling Dumbledore off then threatening him with Pomfrey. That should have been done more often by JKR.
Millie chapter 4 . 1/25
Quick comment on Petunia's visit. She had met James, and Lily goes without saying. She was aware of Harry, no recognition? No questions about a child that didn't have a lot of resemblance to his mother? As bitchy as Petunia is, there should have been more snide remarks besides 'single mothers'. Dumbledore must have visited her, otherwise, how did he know Harry wasn't with the Dursleys? Therefore Petunia knew of Lily's death, and possibly who had Harry. Would she not have stayed as far away as possible in case Harry was dropped on her again? Enjoying the story, also liking the A/Ns.
1,450 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »