Reviews for James and the Winter Solstice
Lady Shadow92 chapter 6 . 10/23/2012
that was a very interesting story i liked it very creative
ShireHeart chapter 6 . 9/19/2011
Sorry for the late review!

I really like the images from this story (and not just the idea of winter!). I feel a little bereft that James' adventure was only a "Wizard of Oz" dream. It was a provoking introduction to the world of Arrion and to Crystor; I certainly would have liked to see the story involve more than a brief visit.

Were you playing with characters, or do you indeed have a plan for more...?
Row the Boat chapter 5 . 9/7/2011
Centaurs kinda scare me. Oh, well. You're a good descriptive writer.
JerseyDog chapter 4 . 8/7/2011
I really like it! You do a really good job at describing the details, and it makes me imagine the images. So far it's good!
Row the Boat chapter 4 . 8/6/2011
For some reason, I knew that there would be unicorns and winged horses. Is that bad?

Pretty interesting, though.
ShireHeart chapter 4 . 8/5/2011
Is it wrong to suddenly wish it was already winter?

I like your description of the dragon. I wish I could see a drawing, though, because for some reason I'm having a hard time picturing the pink aspect. I believe its possible, if only because snow and clouds are never perfectly white. Why it's so hard to blend it in my mind, I'm not sure.
ShireHeart chapter 3 . 8/4/2011
This chapter gave me a crazy dose of nostalgia. Celtic Woman always induces the nostalgia in me (I went back and read the story again while listening to the song! I can definitely see how the song set the tone of feel of the chapter).

I realize that admitting nostalgia isn't much in the way of feedback, but this chapter is overwhelming in its fantasy pastels and icy mystery. There's an ethreal feeling that makes me wonder whether James is dreaming and, if not, what has provoked this sudden "Snow Queen" journey.
ShireHeart chapter 2 . 8/3/2011
I was holding my breath the whole time James was making his way outside. Now, I'm dying to find out the origin of the winged horse.

The scene reminded me very much of Madeline L'Engle's "A Swiftly Tilting Planet," so I wonder if you're going that route.
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
A promising start. Can't wait to see where this will lead to. Good luck.
ShireHeart chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Well, I'm charmed and hooked! I can't wait to see what James discovers.