Reviews for Behind The Mask
Stilwater Rundeepo chapter 9 . 7/13/2012
I really like this AU story...never got to see some of these sides to Han Solo. You portray him really well while adding your own twists to make the story work.

I finally got to read it and this new chapter was really good. Some parts seemed a bit skimmed through, like you fast-forwarded to cut to the chase, but otherwise it was flawless and I like the relationship between Han and Besany.

and Order 66 is coming up? Oh, boy, I'm interested!
Janizary chapter 7 . 9/27/2011
I popped over into your profile and saw this. I must be reading the evil clone version of it in the other story ;)
sachariah chapter 7 . 9/27/2011
Uh oh... something tells me Han might be in for more than he counted on...

Great chapter, you can really tell Han is growing up. Funny, his remarks on being left behind and on getting experience reminded me of Ahsoka... wonder how those two would have gotten along (actually, I read another AU fic with a Han/Ahsoka pairing. Really. It was kind of fun, actually. They sure get in each other's face).

Loved the scene with Han 'mediating' between Fi and the new guy. Also enjoyed Kal's introduction. Very stirring, well put.

Great work!
Etain-Skirata chapter 6 . 9/15/2011
The dancing Ewok prank was typical Fi; I'm saying this as a big RepCom fan, both in pro and fan fiction.

All in good fun, and both Fi and Han get punished for it? Man, Kal must have been in a *really* bad mood that day.

Great job.

Etain
Patriot-112 chapter 6 . 9/15/2011
And we have met Fi. Always good to have a prankster among the Commandos. Say, Etain's not gonna die is she?
Patriot-112 chapter 5 . 9/8/2011
Nice job! So when does Omega squad come into the picture?
Etain-Skirata chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Cool idea; I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

Is this a Republic Commando era fic, or is it set during the Empire?

Etain
Redone chapter 5 . 8/11/2011
I like the story very much. I like the Nulls, and bringing Han in with them is cool. However, you need to pay attention to your spelling. For example, and this is just one of them, "the doe-doe (doo-doo, if you must use this; for me, it sounds a bit childish for a tough warrior to use) brain didn't even think to bring some food for this steak (stake; look up the meaning of "steak" in your dictionary and you'll get a little laugh) out".
sachariah chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
The Nulls are back! Erm, but they're being a bit paranoid, it seems. Not that I can blame them. Anyways, this was a sweet and funny chapter, despite the tension. Loved the Nulls reaction to Han's arrival; very touching to see their care and concern for him (and their correction if his bad grammar. :P).

One very minor nitpick - I've found that "A few days later...", or "After a while..." are rather weak ways to start a chapter, and they can make it hard for the story to "get going". I'm honestly not sure what the "writerly" name for it is, probably something involving passiveness, but IDK. Anyways, try something a little more forward sounding, ie: "It had been four days since..." or "Four days after the..."

Just my $0.02

Great chapter!
Broken-Jedi chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
Sweet chapter!
Broken-Jedi chapter 3 . 8/3/2011
Awesome! Keep it up. I love stories that have long chapter too, especially where clones are involved.
sachariah chapter 3 . 8/3/2011
I feel kinda bad this hasn't gotten more reviews, but I guess seeing it's a massive AU without any "titillating" factors (famous canon pairings switched around, or major events that went differently) it doesn't catch one's eye very easily. A shame, because it's excellent writing.

A Mando Corellian, eh? Fascinating spin, though it makes it a little hard to see "Han" in him, because it's so radically unlike his OT character. Han's swagger and charm are due (or at least are attributed) to his Corellian personality, and that's competing with the Mandalorian strain here. Plus, Han of OT is a "solo" figure - with the exception of Chewie, he doesn't care for anyone bit himself. So while I enjoy seeing him grow to love and care for his new brothers, it is OOC *as far as the OT is concerned.*

Loved the Nulls banter about Han's birthday.I'm not familar with the RepCom characters as I'd like, but you seem to have a handle on them. Very nice.

The fight scene was vivid, and almost disturbing - but very well done regardless. Priest got off a bit easy, but seeing the immediate danger the heroes were in that's understandable.

The last scene, with Han realizing he had killed someone, was a bit... fast, IMHO. Han goes from feeling sick and guilty, to ripping out the knife and taunting the dying commando, without nearly enough time (again, IMHO) for him to recover. If perhaps Skirata had said something more substantial (perhaps a concise philosophical explanation of killing, self defense, etc) it might have worked better. I just think that the last couple paragraphs isn't enough space for the major character development you put into Han there.

Hopefully some of that is helpful. And hopefully you'll begin to get more reviews - this story is too good to be neglected. But if the plot doesn't get folks attention, well, what can you do?

Take care!