Reviews for Mirror Shards
FlowerFoxWings chapter 9 . 9/2
I loved these one-shots! Somehow, you managed to perfectly draw out my emotions as I read! Better yet, you left me wanting to read more! That's my way of telling if a story/writer is awesome- if I'm left wanting more! I wish some of these one-shots get developed further- maybe their own story, PLEASE! Naturally, maybe you wanted to leave the stories as they are. Maybe you lacked ideas how to develop them further. Or maybe you're aware, like me, that sometimes stories are best left to the imagination of the reader. Some of the best ideas are ruined by poor development, after all (ugh). But, seeing as your writing style is marvelous, I have no doubt that anything you produce will be read-worthy.

The first story, "Birth of A Demon" - I cannot express how grateful I am for reading this story. You have no clue how much I hate the anime's explanation of the twin's conception and birth (so inconsistent ugh!). The manga is no better, as it provides no backstory at all. But your masterpiece filled the void in my mind. Your version provides a more logical- more solid, more likely to be manga-canon- replacement. I can't thank you enough. I wouldn't mind if this was developed further, but for now, it's amazing as it is.
The third story, "Appearance Matters," was hilarious. I'm also left wanting MORE (in a good way, of course). How did Satan get in the real world? What is his character like? How will he interact with the other characters, more importantly Rin? How will Rin react/think (about being so physically similar to his biological dad)? But, as I stated above the spoiler line, it's up to you to write more. I'd also be fine if you left it as is, seeing as it is humor, although a bit dark. (Now you've sparked a little story in my head about a silly Satan and him sitting down with Rin to share about his juvenile years.)
The fourth story, "Devil's Dance" ...This left me speechless. AMAZING. Lately I've been seeking stories where Rin goes to Geneva (I pray that Kazue Kato explores this later in the manga), and this...! (Have I mentioned tragic powerful heroes are the best?) I was slightly disappointment about the ending with Yukio's forced possession. However, if it was developed into a story of its own, I WOULD LOVE THIS. At least save Yukio! Don't leave me on a cliffhanger (ARGHHHH).
Honestly, I can keep going on about each of the one-shots. (But I have to go.) Right now, this has turned into an essay of sorts, and it's super long. I'm looking forward to more of your writing! Thank you for writing Mirror Shards. :D
darkeneddaybreak chapter 9 . 6/11
Okay, funny story- it's because of your sister that I got absorbed by the Transcendence AU. After I read the summary and the character bios and all the stories listed on the guide, I headed over to , which is where I found your stories (I'm totally going to AO3 next). I liked them so much (especially Love, I might jump over there to review maybe) that I decided to check out what else you wrote. Then I was like "ooh, Blue Exorcist," and here I am! :D
Anyway, I really liked most of these. I felt like your portrayal of Satan and of Yuri's pregnancy was way more accurate than what the anime did (I mean, this cussing, insane demon we saw at the beginning isn't just an elegant and misunderstood nice guy, seriously). I did not like Devil's Dance, though. Nope. Not that it wasn't written well, but... Nope. Nope nope nope. But seriously, your writing is great. Okay, I think I'm going to be done now.
Rafel666 chapter 8 . 6/6
What the..?! I though that was Rin the whole time! And it turns out it was his SON?! Damn I love surprises like that! Compared to the whole theme I'm happy Rin actually had a family and became Paladin.(wonder who the mother is)
OverObsessedFangirl8804 chapter 4 . 6/5
Except your short.
Smooth Shima, smooth.
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 9 . 3/24
Elaine Weasley chapter 9 . 3/24
I read the most recent chapter of Veranerung, and was totally loving "Angelina" and "Yamada's" fight over Rin. And Shima is my favorite character, and I love it when he just doesn't get girls or romance. And the fact that he thinks he is reading it all right, just makes it funnier.
You should do this more often! I really enjoyed it. :-)
MoonlitMelody chapter 9 . 3/23
Oh jesus, Shima, your powers of deduction are frightening for all the right and all the wrong reasons.
(He should definitely share his observations with Angel. I'm sure 'she' would appreciate the input LOL)

(I just came in from Veranderung - turns out I was subscribed to both of you before this crossover. Huh. Weird.)
Colliequest chapter 9 . 3/23
Oh, Shima...XD!
I imagine it's rather hard to get into Shima's head, I think you did a good job at it. :)
Zarianwen chapter 5 . 2/13
First I have to say that I really enjoyed the first three one-shots, especially Birth of a Demon.
Second, I have forgotten everything else I wanted to say about those because the ending of this one ripped a hole in my heart that is going to require some stitches.
I'm just going to sit here in silence and stare into space for a few moments while I try to digest this without tearing up.
TangoUnicornA chapter 8 . 12/11/2014
I feel like crying. That was an unexpected ending, but I like it. I like the idea of Rin being a good father like that, just like Shiro, and the idea of Rin's kid turning out like him.
... Just makes it sadder, doesn't it.
TheHallow chapter 4 . 9/5/2014
Ohhhhh man, I actually really like this chapter XD i wish it was waaayyy longer hahaha
paracuties chapter 8 . 7/31/2014
Oh my God. I feel like crying. Like, seriously. I got to the end and I just stared at the screen for a minute, mouth agape and eyes bugging out, and then I had to read it all over again, this time knowing who was actually speaking. OH. MY. GOD. This is seriously, amazingly, well...amazing. And I get how he can actually refer to Shura as an "old bat", now! XD

Like, the FEELS. I am dying here, drowning in feels here. Please. Help me. Your writing is amazing.

I LOVE THIS. I love that he's visiting RIN, not Shiro, but...RIN. He's RIN'S son! OMG. That was certainly unexpected. But even better than if it were Shiro Rin was visiting, 'cause now...we can see that Rin became everything he wanted to be, and died an early death like his own adoptive father, and thought all the same things and -

Well. I love that.

Keep up the great work!
paracuties chapter 7 . 7/31/2014
...Aw. Poor Rin. He's super worried about Yukio and *that's* what finally drives him to go further and really, actually push himself. I like that you made him a Tamer and Dragoon, because honestly, Rin should technically have command over almost all demons and with his strong will, he could *technically* summon anything he wanted. So. I really wish they made him a Tamer canonically, but I like what you did here too!

Keep up the good work!
paracuties chapter 5 . 7/31/2014

...This is extremely well-written, though, and I can't help but wish you continued this. Continued into a different AU, a really cool one, and...well. I enjoyed this.
paracuties chapter 4 . 7/31/2014
Huh...I'm really curious as to which situation they got themselves into to meet Satan? O.o I like this, though! Keep writing!