Reviews for Brothers By Choice
Potter's Babe chapter 9 . 4/16
Im in love with this story! I read the whole thing in a couple of hours!
Thank you for saving Peter, I know it must be the key to the whole thing because of his role as a secret keeper in the original plot.
Also Sirius/Reg's relationship, thank you for saving it.
I am eager to know what you plan on writing next!
Everlasting123 chapter 9 . 3/29
Type your review for this chapter here...
MorphineSunshine chapter 9 . 3/14
This is a really nice read. And your long chapters are divine. I like how you intentionally made Peter seem weak to outsiders. And the final interaction between Sirius and Regulus was brilliant. I can't wait for the next chapter. Update soon!
MCRxRoxx chapter 9 . 3/12
i have only one thing to say-this is the only fanfic where someone has actually made me like peter pettigrew
Fellow chapter 9 . 3/3
What a way to go.
Iuvenalis chapter 9 . 3/2
I'm so excited you wrote another chapter! I love reading all your work and I think this one is fantastic. You've set up the story well for the coming chapters and I'm really looking forward to what you have in store.
NorthernLights25 chapter 9 . 2/27
This was an outstanding chapter! I loved it. Great job. :)
DorkQueen chapter 9 . 2/27
When I saw the update email in my email, it brought a smile to my face. :) I love this story, so thank you so much for taking the time to write it.
I like the way you portrayed Lily's and James' relationship after they get married and how they still have spats, but the strength of their relationship allows them to resolve them. I'm glad you didn't drag out events such as the death of James' parents and Orion Black.
Regulus' conversation with Sirius was sad, but I agree that his honorable death is a lot more satisfying than what happens in canon. It also allows the Marauders to figure out what Horcruxes are and how to destroy them, so I commend you for moving the plot along.
On a side note, there are a few grammar errors scattered throughout the chapter (inconsistent verb tenses, subject-pronoun agreement), but that's easy to fix. Great job! Keep writing!
Liv chapter 9 . 2/27
I love everything about your story, but I've been wondering: how did Snape react to James and Lily being together? And worse (or better, for us), about them getting married?
Lcsaf chapter 9 . 2/27
Best of luck, dear! I'm looking forward to the next chapter, immensely, especially since I'm not quite sure if Pete's gonna join the dark side or not. Dumbledore's pushing for it, but as you insinuated, the boys are looking to each other instead of him, mostly.

I have to say, I didn't think I would enjoy this fic as much as I have. I'm not a Mauraders' groupie as such, but this has been a really well written, and engaging story, it's hard NOT to get caught up in it.
V. L. Crawford chapter 9 . 2/26
Great chapter.
librarywitch chapter 9 . 2/26
And if the Potters are high wizard society they would have had at least a country house. Not the small cottage in a out of the way village no matter how old of a wizarding heritage there is in the area. I love it and thanks for another chapter.
SiriusHarryPotter chapter 9 . 2/26
Hey! I just wanted to tell you that this is one of the best stories I have read in a long, long time. One thing I have always felt that very few writers capture or build upon in their stories is the sheer brilliance of the marauders. They were animagi and had made the map well before graduating, but this side of them is so often completely overlooked by people! I am glad that you have really developed this.
Also, I really like your Peter. In fact, when I imagined a young Peter I thought he would be just like this even if he did end up as a traitor. I was very disappointed by how he was portrayed in canon by JKR. This was a man who managed to fool such close and admittedly intelligent friends AND Albus Dumbledore and spy on them for more than a year. Showing him to be that incompetent is just insulting.
Anyway I really love your story and how gritty your characters are. I wonder just how AU you plan to make this - will the Potters still end up dead or will their actions lead to a different and more permanent end to the war? Specially now that they know about horcruxes. I admit, as soon as I came across the part where Kreacher managed to bring Regulus along with him I hoped he would live. But this was war, and not everyone survives. I just really hope that the Marauders do. The fact that all of them died in the course of two wars is something that has always saddened me. Such brilliance, wasted. In fact the entire generation seems so much more talented and driven and accomplished than the one in the actual series, don't you think?

Anyway, as you can see I am incredibly thrilled by the story and I feel as though I have come across a like minded soul. Hence the long review. I also have this horrible habit of not reviewing regularly, so you get just the one for now, but it is long.

Can't wait to read more of this fabulous story! I hope you update regularly!

Cheers!
SHP.
sherwei.07 chapter 9 . 2/26
Good luck!

I really love your story! I hope Peter doesn't become a death eater. He's not capable of carrying out the acts needed to get a mark. It's not worth it. I really hope he doesn't have to lose his humanity just to be a pawn on Dumbledore's chess board. I love how you got Sirius to truly know how Regulus died. I completely agree with what you said about his death and how it might have helped Sirius.

One thing that really bothers me this chapter is that you kept spelling Hocrux instead of Horoux! Probably a result of your iphone autocorrect but still ):

Anyway, I am excited and curious to see how will your story proceed from here. Evidently, none of them are gonna betray each other. Not with the bond they have right now. That means no 12 years of azkaban for Sirius and 12 years of solitude for Remus. No betrayal and Harry becoming the boy-who-lived. But there will still be prophecy and all. Ahhh. So many things to worry about! How are you gonna do it!

Nevertheless, I am sure you will do it justice! Hurry update soon alright! Don't take too long(: Uni sucks so I need awesome fanfics like this to pull through(:
smoking caramels chapter 9 . 2/26
This was fantastic! I remember reading about Regulus and just feeling crushed that Sirius didn't know, that no one save the trio would know of his sacrifice. I cannot wait to see how you tweak canon.