Reviews for Lessons in Love
Jezek10 chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
To me, there is absolutely no reason for you to rewrite! I get the OOC- ness in Hermione everyone is referring to, but I don't think its drastic. I love this story just the way it is. I can't believe how well you have kept Snape in character! Please continue! But if it bothers you that much then I suggest you finish it, then go in to edit and revise as needed. hope this helps!
middlekertz chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
Woah. I was expecting an update.
Forbidden1991 chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
This is a "fanfiction" it is due to have differences to the original piece of litature. I really like it so far, Mione is a little OC but that's due to happen. I think for the main part you have kept the characters personalities in check. And besides we don't know how Hermoine would act being so close to Severous hence why you have the liberty to make her a litte OC. I hope this helps answer your question :)
Amelia chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
Thank God you are'nt giving up on your story.

Right, my opinion is that Hermione might seem a bit OOC but people change rather dramaticly once they leave school. How long has she been away from Hogworts? Her life has changed her development as a woman has changed, that's pretty realistic to me.

I think you should just keep it how it is. I really love it!

Amelia x
VirginaBlueBelle chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
Hermione might be a little OOC but this is based after the war, so who's to say how exactly she would turn out after it. If anything, why not just finish out the story. Then when it's all done you can go back and edit it.
BC chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
i think this story is reallly great to be honest, and i think you should keep going with it the way it is. I also am really anticipating them getting together, so hopefully if you do decide to rewrite the story, it won't prolong them getting together. But you're story is wonderful!
DamnationOfTheDead chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
I love the story the way it is and I dont see the OOC ness of the story. I find Hermione, I think she's your biggest concern, to be portrayed in a wonderful way. She's not to bookworm ish but is also more grown up. So I would continue writing the story the way you have been and if people don't like it there are other storys to read. Good Luck on whatever you decide :D
linda chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
Every day I look to see if you wrote another chapter I really love this story the way it is. Yes the things that Hermione is doing is out of character for her, but thats what makes the story so interesting. There so many stories with her the smart book worm good girl,this one is great like this, I hope you will keep it this way
NothingnessAlchemist chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
Honestly I don't think it's OOC. I think it is perfect
candymarie92 chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
They are somewhat ooc but that's ok its what makes stories diffrent
emzz6113 chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
I like the story how you have written it, keep it like this!
RawenclawBabe chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
Well, I really like your story. Although I admit that Hermione is rather extreme. Maybe you are a bit over the top concerning her actions - you have put them in a rather tight time-frame. Considering the canon - she broke into Snape's private stores in second year stealing for their polyjuice potion, she disarmed him together with Harry and Ron in the Shrieking Shack third year, her nasty hex an Mariette Edgecombe in book five fits in the same characterization. But to me your Hermione appears very Gryffindor - she is self-righteous to a fault. Considering your last chapter - Severus not telling the Headmistress about Hermione's breach of his privacy, I can imagine him doing that, but he would require a great amend on her part. What does he expect? Will she be able to or willing to give in to whatever he wants for his silence. Severus can't really stand the typical Gryffindor - Hermione in her actions nearly treats him as bad as the Marauders. Partly I wondered, if Hermione has somehow lost her mind while reading your story. She had her shrewed moments in canon, too, but considering her background - she is intelligent and her parents are educated people, too, I would expect her to have some grasp of human decency. She doesn't seem to value Severus's privacy at all and considering her own reaction to Rita Skeeter's articles about herself, she should know the value of privacy. How would she react, if he treated her as she has treated him? An intelligent person like Hermione should be able to understand that.

I'm aware that he has been his cruel and partly unfair self. But she was aware of his personality, when she started. If I were Severus, she really would have to expect harsh consequences for her behaviour towards him. He is her superior and she seems to be bossier around him than around Harry and Ron.

You don't really need to change what you have published so far, but you might consider Severus teaching Hermione a lesson about privacy an her returning to her normal self. She has always respected her teachers - even Severus Snape - but she hasn't shown him any respect in your story so far. She is his apprentice and he is still her professor/master. Honestly I dind't blame Snape for lashing out on Hermione while reading your story like Minerva did - everyone would do so when attacked on that level to protect their privacy. Honestly he didn't even hold a vial of veritaserum in her face promising her to tell all her dirty secrets to the press after questioning her - maybe that would help her understand the seriousness of her actions.
Jitus chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
Well, to tell the truth, I think it is OOC. Or better said - Hermione is OOC. I think that rest of characters are quite in character :-), even Snape - who is most often OOC in fan stories, especially romantic stories. So for keeping him in character you have my respect.

To Hermione and why I think she is OOC - there is problem, that I don't see a way how to keep her in character with that story line. I don't believe her sneaking in corridors, stealing memories, I don't believe her another actions. So I think that removing this OOC would mean completely rewriting the story. And the question is if you are willing to do it. If not, then nothing too bad, your story will always have it's fans, maybe even from the ranks of those who think your Hermione is OOC. So it is just your choice and question of your priorities.

Anyway - however you will decide I hope that you will enjoy your writing as much as possible because this is the most important thing on writing the fan stories, isn't it? ;-)
ksmith092 chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
I think that because it is your story you are allowed to write the characters as you see fit. I can see Hermion actin glike she did in ch.7, because she's a passionate girl driven by hr emotions. She also tries to get answers by any means possible, as this was depicted in the books. So in conclusion, Change it if you feel the need to, but it's your fic and it should be written how you imgaine it. Not how people tell you.
FLSongbird722 chapter 16 . 8/13/2011
The characters have never really bothered me. If you feel you need to rewrite it I will be excited to reread it! I am also really excited to learn what is next! Hope it works out for you! ;)
1,908 | « Prev Page 1 .. 110 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 .. Last Next »