Reviews for Lessons in Love
Musical-Mel chapter 9 . 10/12/2017
Ah, Hagrid... I do love him. And I enjoy the way you write him. He's completely in character, I think. You've done quite well with him. And the bit at the end with the third years was also quite nice.
Musical-Mel chapter 8 . 10/12/2017
I liked her dream/hallucination/thing. Mostly because it's happened to me before. Someone I absolutely didn't get along with, who was in a position of authority over me, who was also around 20 years my senior. I woke up just thinking, "What the ever loving heck was that about?" For me, there was no underlying desire or future love affair with the awful man. I know the same does not hold true for our dear Hermione!
Musical-Mel chapter 6 . 10/12/2017
Not bad. Again, I think one of the reasons I don't enjoy this as much now as I did in high school is that Hermione is a bit over dramatic at times. The crying after she slapped Ron and he accused her of choosing Snape over him makes sense and is in character. The falling to her knees? That seemed a bit much. It's nice to see Snape trusting her with something other than cleaning cauldrons! I can't remember if he makes her go back to that as a form of punishment for leaving early or not. I suppose I shall just have to read on!
Musical-Mel chapter 4 . 10/12/2017
There we go, there's the Gryffindor I was looking for. No more tears! And Snape still being a giant d-bag.
Musical-Mel chapter 1 . 10/12/2017
Ah, now I'm remembering one of the things that bugged me! Hermione cried far too easily. Well, I know she didn't actually cry, and I certainly would have had I been in her situation, but Hermione... movie or book, it would take more than that to rattle her to the point of blinking back tears.
Still, you did a good job with Snape, showing his nastiness and making us wonder if he really does want an apprentice after all.
Musical-Mel chapter 2 . 10/12/2017
Glad I decided to read the author's note so I'm aware of your alternate timeline and that these are Movie based depictions of characters. I prefer the books, so I won't get nit picky since you pointed out you were using the movies. You've had two interesting chapter of set up so far, and I will be anxious to continue to re-read!
Musical-Mel chapter 1 . 10/12/2017
I've read this before. Twice I think, when I was in high school. I was more critical the second time around, and now, I'm going to give it a third go and see if the way I'm remembering it is correct.
Guest chapter 75 . 8/26/2017
Amazing amazing
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 18 . 6/20/2017
Ah, good, he's more civil now. I do think that talk with Dumbledor helped. Good chapter, thank you :)
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 17 . 6/20/2017
That was horrid of him to do! Makes me want to slap him for doing that to her. But then there is the boggart -sighs- I feel Both disdain and compassion for him right now. The chapter is good though, thank you :)
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 16 . 6/20/2017
I called him a nasty man before I even read those exact words in this chapter X) But he was. He was being downright horribly nasty. I hate cleaning, so I really feel for Hermione. Very good and well written chapter, thank you.

I was reading the notes you had at the top and thought, 'Well that's why I didn't have much of a problem with Hermione, because she went back and edited a bunch if it.' Nice job :)
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 15 . 6/20/2017
Aha! He covered it up! I knew it.

Well, sorry Ron. Let's have her figure things out.
I liked the little chat Hermione had with Mrs. Wesley, that was lovely.

Thank you for this chapter! I'm still enjoying your story so far :)
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 14 . 6/20/2017
We, now Harry know about Hermione Snape, haha, his reaction. Now I'm very curious as to how Hermione is going to bring up the fact that Snape drugged her, that's also going to be interesting. You did a good job with this chapter, thank you :)
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 13 . 6/19/2017
Woops! For so many different reasons. At first I though Hermione was acting very out of character, but It was explained later that it may have been a side effect of the potion. Of course Snape couldn't be totally mad at her because he was the one to cause her actions in the first place. I also like how kind Harry is, you portrayed him well. Thank you for this well written chapter! :D
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 12 . 6/19/2017
Then when Snape finds out... I guess it would be even then X)

All that arguing between Ron and Hermione is going to take it's toll and it's not going to be fun for either of them.

Good chapter, thank you! :)
1,931 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »