Reviews for Butterflies and Thunderstorms
sunflowerspot chapter 4 . 5/7
Gosh, all of these are so beautiful. You write all their points of view so well. I'm looking forward to the last chapter. As for the narrator, I'm a bit stumped. The only two guesses I could come up (and that's on the tall assumption that the title alludes to the character) with were Ardeth (associating the wings with Horus), or Imhotep (and his scarabs-though he's dead so Idk how that would work out). :)
sunflowerspot chapter 1 . 5/6
Amazing first chapter. I recently watched the first film and was reminded of just how much I love it, and came searching for fic. I'm so glad I found yours. I wasn't quite sure what I was looking for before I read it, but, yeah, this is it!
LyaCatWoman chapter 4 . 12/29/2014
"Rick's slight movement in the reflection caught Jonathan's eye and he saw the other man meeting his gaze steadfastly, his drink lifted in a toast and his lips in a wry smile as Evie continued reading, oblivious to the silent camaraderie between the two men in her life." aw, perfect family :D

"Author's Note: One more chapter/one-shot and then this little 'story' is concluded. You may have noticed that each section is from the point of view of a different person, so I shall give you a little hint. The next piece is called 'Beat of a Thousand Wings', it's set during the Mummy Returns, and it's not from Alex's POV..." I'm so excited, I can't wait!
LyaCatWoman chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
YEY! Welcome back, I so happy to see you updated!
Jillian chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Ah, what a lovely start! I cannot wait to read more. :) And third movie, what third movie? (God that thing was a piece of trash.)
LilyoftheValley858 chapter 3 . 1/1/2013
PLEASE KEEP GOING! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!
hyperborean chapter 3 . 11/18/2012
I'm deeply saddened that this hasn't been updated for a year. I'm hoping it's not too late to spark some more inspiration in you. I had mostly given up on the bulk of Mummy fic years ago, though it's my original fandom and still brings me huge amounts of joy, but your work makes me so glad that I decided to go searching for some tonight.

Your writing is beautiful and professional, and it shows that you bring a lot of love for and knowledge of these characters to your stories. These three installments are just wonderful, and if you have it in you I would be ridiculously happy to read more!
Yggdrasil'sRoots chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
I really like this. you captured evie and rick perfectly and i look forward to the next chapters.
siobhan.22 chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Good chapter
Nt a Clue Hw 2 Spll Annymus chapter 3 . 11/13/2011
A continuation? You know how to make my day. Happy birthday, by the way. :) Celebrating mine Tuesday.

My favorite line of the chapter: "Jonathan called it the curse of the newly-weds; she called it exciting." No matter how many times I read it, it'll always bring out a smile.

As with previous chapters, your detail is astounding. From introductions of minor characters to Jonathan's dilly-dallying with their drinks, you cover it all in a few choice words. And if you didn't describe the scenes and movements so well, I'd dearly want to have seen this in one of the movies (preferably not the third).

Jonathan's conversation with Rick sounds exactly like it would have in the movie had this actually been a scene in it. I like how you can put the words right in their mouths. It takes talent, that's for sure.

I like where I think you're taking the story. I'm on board for the next two chapters or more, inspiration allowing. Keep up the great writing. :)
Lyrical Ballads chapter 3 . 11/12/2011
I only just discovered this fic and I can't even begin to describe how much I love it. The dialogue, the descriptions, and the characterizations are all perfect, which is pretty hard to find in a lot of Mummy fics, so congrats to you for writing this!

Definitely adding it to my favorites. :)
E.M.Bryant97 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
The mummy movies arer and always be my absolute favorite movies ever! Your story is just amazing, you nailed the characters perfectly! I loved it...

I have some mummy stories of my own here on fanfiction because I too saw the lacking of a good mummy movie here on this website. If you could read my stories I would GREATLY appriciate it! I have more stories on the way, but I don't think my stories can beat yours :)

I can't wait for the next chapter!
Loli-pop0394 chapter 2 . 9/19/2011
I like your story. It is very well written. I agree with you, there are not many good mummy fanfictions here, so please continue yours. Hope to read more soon!
Sarah chapter 2 . 9/5/2011
i like this chapter even better, this story is different from a lot of stories i've read here. good good good
Sarah chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
i really like how this is going.