Reviews for Butterflies and Thunderstorms
Jillian chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Ah, what a lovely start! I cannot wait to read more. :) And third movie, what third movie? (God that thing was a piece of trash.)
LilyoftheValley858 chapter 3 . 1/1/2013
PLEASE KEEP GOING! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!
hyperborean chapter 3 . 11/18/2012
I'm deeply saddened that this hasn't been updated for a year. I'm hoping it's not too late to spark some more inspiration in you. I had mostly given up on the bulk of Mummy fic years ago, though it's my original fandom and still brings me huge amounts of joy, but your work makes me so glad that I decided to go searching for some tonight.

Your writing is beautiful and professional, and it shows that you bring a lot of love for and knowledge of these characters to your stories. These three installments are just wonderful, and if you have it in you I would be ridiculously happy to read more!
Yggdrasil'sRoots chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
I really like this. you captured evie and rick perfectly and i look forward to the next chapters.
siobhan.22 chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Good chapter
Nt a Clue Hw 2 Spll Annymus chapter 3 . 11/13/2011
A continuation? You know how to make my day. Happy birthday, by the way. :) Celebrating mine Tuesday.

My favorite line of the chapter: "Jonathan called it the curse of the newly-weds; she called it exciting." No matter how many times I read it, it'll always bring out a smile.

As with previous chapters, your detail is astounding. From introductions of minor characters to Jonathan's dilly-dallying with their drinks, you cover it all in a few choice words. And if you didn't describe the scenes and movements so well, I'd dearly want to have seen this in one of the movies (preferably not the third).

Jonathan's conversation with Rick sounds exactly like it would have in the movie had this actually been a scene in it. I like how you can put the words right in their mouths. It takes talent, that's for sure.

I like where I think you're taking the story. I'm on board for the next two chapters or more, inspiration allowing. Keep up the great writing. :)
Lyrical Ballads chapter 3 . 11/12/2011
I only just discovered this fic and I can't even begin to describe how much I love it. The dialogue, the descriptions, and the characterizations are all perfect, which is pretty hard to find in a lot of Mummy fics, so congrats to you for writing this!

Definitely adding it to my favorites. :)
E.M.Bryant97 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
The mummy movies arer and always be my absolute favorite movies ever! Your story is just amazing, you nailed the characters perfectly! I loved it...

I have some mummy stories of my own here on fanfiction because I too saw the lacking of a good mummy movie here on this website. If you could read my stories I would GREATLY appriciate it! I have more stories on the way, but I don't think my stories can beat yours :)

I can't wait for the next chapter!
Loli-pop0394 chapter 2 . 9/19/2011
I like your story. It is very well written. I agree with you, there are not many good mummy fanfictions here, so please continue yours. Hope to read more soon!
Sarah chapter 2 . 9/5/2011
i like this chapter even better, this story is different from a lot of stories i've read here. good good good
Sarah chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
i really like how this is going.
Cherry blossom chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
I agree whole heartedly. The Mummy and Mummy Returns have been my favorite movies ever since I could walk. The first one came out when I was born. Been watching them ever since. Third movie is taboo, I won't even look at it it's horrible! Love the story it was very cute!
inactiveeeeeeee chapter 2 . 8/28/2011
Ok, so I finally got around to reading chapter two.

Of course, it's amazing as always, so please keep up the good work. The moth and flame thing was a really good idea and I like the symbolism... I wonder what adventures or drama Rick and Evelyn (And even Jonathan) will go through.

Maybe at this party there will be a guy who fancy's Evelyn and Rick may get a little angered or maybe someone may fancy Rick ;) Haha, I dunno, I'm just trying to see which way things may go.

You have just the right amount of description in your story and you portray Rick's character perfectly, along with Evy's, but I just love Rick, he's my favorite character in those movies, along with Jonathan and Beni just because of their comic relief.

ANYWAY! Awaiting chapter 3. Don't keep us waiting! And I was wondering... what kind of story is this going to be? A long one? Shorter? *Crosses fingers for a longer story* You honestly are one of the best writers for the Mummy Fanfiction area; I tried writing stories for it but it didn't go so well. SO KEEP ON WRITING! :)

-Shadow x0
Nt a Clue Hw 2 Spll Annymus chapter 2 . 8/27/2011
I feel honored to have my name mentioned so close to such a piece of art as this. Thank you a million times over.

Just to start out, I like how you bring the chapter full circle. The attraction of moths to flames or lights is mentioned twice to add a nice rounding effect. One that works quite well as it left me with that similar feeling of loss when I discovered each time the chapter ended there was no more to be read.

What I most love to read with your particular style is the quality it contains that allows for exposition, foreshadowing, dialogue, thoughts etc. and still flow miraculously between them all.

Lower echelons to just-above-the-lower-echelons. I found that pretty understated and cute.

"...send his insides into paroxysms of joy..." I always have a hard time describing the feelings found in the stomach or gut so I especially love this description.

Not sure if anyone's told you this in the past but your transitioning is flawless. I would figuratively kill to have the same skill.

Thanks again for the shout-out and another amazing chapter. Hope to see more in the future.
NERDYNATALIE chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
this story is SO amazing! i can't find any decent mummy fanfics, then i read this and i was SPEECHLESS! awwhhh. i just love this story3