Reviews for The Schoolhouse Leap
Romantique The Original chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Very nice. I enjoyed reading this very much.
liragreen chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
This is really good, and I think it captures their characters perfectly. I could see the scene playing out in my head as I was reading it. I actually just finished watching Deadwood on DVD last night, and, like your other reviewer, one of the reasons I was saddest to see it end was the fact that a conversation like this one never happened.
isabella2004 chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
I really like this. I too always thought Alma and Martha could be friends. They started off all right and then had that silly argument in Alma's room when Martha called unannounced. I also think the series never got the chance to explore the relationship properly and (as an aside) always thought Martha recovered from William's death remarkably quickly!

I really enjyed this, as I do all your stories!
DrPraetorious chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Am I the first to review this story? That's kind of shocking. I must say, this was one of the encounters that I most mourn the loss of with the series' cancellation. Somehow, I have a feeling things wouldn't have gone so smoothly. :) But with Deadwood in shambles, perhaps it was time for new beginnings. I liked how protective you made Martha. I always thought that was an interesting character trait of hers. At least, once she'd decided that she was going to stay in Deadwood and she and Seth were going to make a genuine go of it.

I've gotta say, Seth Bullock is probably one of my least favorite characters from the show. I kept expecting him to grow on me, but he never really became the stereotypical hero sheriff that I wanted him to, and that frustration soured my view of him, I guess. Probably not fair, but that's the way it was. So I always felt that Alma was too good for Seth, despite her weaknesses.

Anyway, another fine story. I think your reasons for having things play out the way they did make perfect sense, and it's fun to have some sort of closure for these two. I did always kind of get the impression that if these two women weren't tied to the same man, they could be great friends. Ha!