Reviews for Bow Down To None
EdeatheDemonFox chapter 2 . 7/20/2014
These were both very well done. Especially the one with Korra. Wow! You wrote everything so perfectly emotion-wise and the details and characters were also very well done. I wish I could word this better but I can't for some reason. XD; Seriously, though, great job!
Crazy With Happiness chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Awww I loved Korra's interaction with Toph. So cute :)
soundofthebluerain chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
That was really beautiful! You don't find many stories that involve an old Toph, and I feel that you portrayed her perfectly. I loved how you had her meet Korra. Loved it!
always-the-tone-of-surprise chapter 2 . 6/15/2012
Please continue! You are amazing at writing Toph/Sokka! Both stories were incredible and I just want to keep reading :D you are a wonderful writer!
g chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
This was just the most touching fanfiction I ever read. The way you described the situation is...wow... just too wonerful for me to express. It also made me think too. Could you imagine that when your best friend died you have to meet them all over again, but this they are so much younger, you know you will not get the chance to watch them grow old because of your age, and don't have the faintest idea who you are. Just imagining that possibility really stings.

On a brighter note you are an absolutley gifted writer and all the stories that I have read from you are nothing short of genius. :)
guyw1tn0nam3 chapter 2 . 2/26/2012
A cute little encounter. I planned on reading this the minute it came out but for some reason I never got around to it. I'm thankful that I finally did get to read this though, because for how short it was, you did a lot.

I think you really take into good consideration what Toph feels and what Sokka says. It might not be the biggest part of the chapter, but I particularly liked when Toph growled at staying in bed the entire time and Sokka added an amendment to the end of his sentence. It kind of shows that your characters are interacting with the world around them rather than just spewing out words or things of the like.

I'm actually interested as to how Sokka brewed the tea. The tea at the end didn't have cactus juice if I'm reading this right. It's Toph threatening Sokka to drink tea with cactus juice...which I think would make for an interesting follow up where Toph spikes Sokka's tea while he's conversing with Iroh (and Iroh is unsuspecting). Would make for a very nice philosophical debate maybe? xD

Anyhow, enough of my rambling. I liked this story, and people need to read this more, to be honest. There are so many hidden gems these days. :/
jasminedragons chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
This really brought a tear to my eye; it was spunky, with Toph and Sokka so wary and heartbroken, but bringing the promise of a new adventure and peace Korra brings the two from the older generation. I really liked incorporation of Tokka's kids into the story- it's so apt that their son would return to the Water Tribe, taking after Sokka, while their daughter heads of to Republic City to kick some serious ass just like her mother.

A great prologue to what may come in LoK. Loved it :)
Invaderk chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
ONLY YOU (and, believably, Toph) would think it is a good idea to spike their post-injury tea with a hallucinogen. xD This was fun, well done. Your dialogue is lovely, esp. from Toph's point of view. Very sassy! :D
Invaderk chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Is it bad that I sometimes forget about this website when the stories are so readily available on KF?

Anyway, this story deserves more reviews than it has. Far more! I was thinking about this story today while I was running - I love it. It not only makes sense in terms of canon, but the characterizations are flawless and the writing is lovely. Grumpy!Toph, hesitant but hopeful Sokka, Korra's poor parents being mostly like "?". All the details are wonderful. You are wonderful!
oh-the-linsanity chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Yes! I love you so much for this! Everything is so realistic and in character. It deserves way more reviews :)
guyw1tn0nam3 chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Why...are...people...not...reviewing...good...stories. -_-x

Seriously, this is one hell of a good work, and it needs to be recognized. You do an amazing job with the characters' reaction to Aang's death. My impression was that the Gaang would always hold some sort of reluctance of seeing the next Avatar precisely because of what you said: that it's Aang...but at the same time it's not.

Toph's reaction was by far the most realistic as I would expect her to feel anger at everything that the Water Tribe is doing (especially the traditions), and you do a great job of having Sokka act as a mediator for her, but even adding in the small notion that he is also nervous of meeting Korra.

The heartfelt meeting between Toph, Sokka, and Korra was very well done. The emotions were there, and the mixture of nostalgia and sadness were brought out in a very good way.

Good job! Keep writing.
loves-labors-won chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Great Job! I like that this is a kind of prequel the Legends of Korra.