Reviews for The White Lady of Amherst
Draconic chapter 3 . 1/11/2014
The story was very clever. This must have taken a lot of time and effort, I can tell. All these details about Emily Dickinson must have taken a lot of research.
Excellent work here. I encourage you to do more like this.
Draconic chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
This is expertly written. You've obviously sone your research. This could easily be a Doctor Who Novella in its own right. You know, like The Feast of the Drowned.
A Hopeful Voice chapter 3 . 12/18/2013
This is absolutely wonderful. I love Emily Dickinson, and you have incorporated her poems in the best of ways. I am so glad to have read this; it was like an actual episode we never got to see. Thank you for sharing!
Skwrl chapter 3 . 3/3/2013
Bravo, bravo, this is absolutely brilliant!
I loved the plot, the characterization and the overall feeling of this masterpiece. I think you could very well consider this a missing episode of the actual series :)
The next stop, Barcelona!
Oh, and write more Doctor Who fics, pretty please with a cherry on top? You have a talent for it ;)
Skwrl chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
Brilliant, again! This fic needs a lot more readers and reviewers!
I really liked how you portrayed Rose's nightmares about all the monsters they had faced that far. You describe the characters' actions and thoughts very well! :)
Allons-y, reading on!
Skwrl chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Wow, this is almost like a real episode of Doctor Who! The characterization is spot on, the banter between the Doctor and Rose is prefect, and both the historical setting and the aliens are very fascinating, even though I have no previous knowledge about either of them.
I'll definitely read on, and I hope others will also find this great piece of fiction! :)
timano chapter 3 . 1/30/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this story-especially since Emily Dickinson is one of my favorite poets (if not my favorite poet) of all time. You missed my favorite of her poems, though-"I never saw a moor". Anyway, an excellent, and quite literary, story, all the same. 10 out of 10 stars.
tigerlily124 chapter 3 . 1/14/2012
Hey there! Good story! I enjoyed reading it!
Shelbs13 chapter 3 . 12/22/2011
I love this story! It's so interesting and I loved the poetry! I also liked seeing Rose and the Doctor's fears! Huggles and Cuddles - Shelbs13
Sanguine Ink chapter 3 . 8/30/2011
That was FANTASTIC! Perfect Doctor/Rose banter, great plot, and wonderful use of Emily Dickinson's poetry. I loved it!
Sabretooth Ladybird chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I can't understand why it hasn't been reviewed enthusiastically before, as it most definitely deserves to be. A friend advised me to read, and she's always a good guide, but I certainly never expected something that nice. I loved all the poetry references and incorporating the poems into the story - I also liked your portrayal of the Doctor, with all his enthusiasm and determination, and Rose, with her fierceness and courage. I simply loved the part with the psychic paper - oh yes, Emily Dickinson wouldn't have any mundane deceiving :)

Perhaps it would be more convincing to see her struggling with the nightmare more by herself, not giving up so easily - I imagine her somehow as a stronger soul - but it's my impression on reading her work and letters, nothing more, so I might be mistaken, and your view of her facing a nightmare may as well be accurate :)

I did have a lot of fun reading this and I sincerely hope you are going to write some more DW fanfics!