Reviews for The Long Haul
general zargon chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
LOL, I really enjoyed the lightheartedness at the end, it was the perfect balance to an otherwise serious story. :) I wonder if the Chemistry Department actually did take all the cocoa? Hmmmm...;P Anyway, I really liked this one-shot, and I thought you wrote all the characters' personalities really well! I hope you write more for this fandom and keep up the excellent work!
maria100 chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
I enjoyed this story, especially Sheppard coping with the idea that it might end his career. Thanks!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Great story! I really enjoyed it! I liked how you showed periodic times throughout his revory.

I also liked how you kept having him say 'Stupid Genii' throughout. Especially, the end, which was funny!

One of my favorite bits is when Rodney and Ronon were teasing him about getting his meat cut and then John scared both of them away!
RadioShack84 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Hahaha! You should have totally just titled this story "Stupid Genii" D Poor John goes through all of that and then can't even get some imitation chocolate!

Seriously, though, this was great. I loved that you didn't downplay the injury and that the story was spread out over several months' time, rather than just saying 'six months later...'

I especially enjoyed this exchange:

"Well, I can think of a lot of things, but we need you here. So just, you know, follow what Carson says and get all healed up right so they don't send you away." Rodney grinned. "That's an order."

John snorted, but he also smiled. "Yes, sir, Dr. McKay sir."

"Well it took you long enough to figure out the proper chain of command around here."

John's grin faded and he groaned as Lt. Jackson approached. "Think you can order him to go away?"

"I can try," Rodney said.

So in-character for the two of them. And you included Carson, yay! Excellent! )
Skye Graham chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Really enjoyed the story. It read fast but the content seemed like a longer story. Does that make sense? You tied all the ends up w/o rushing head-long into the end. Thanks for the good read. Skye
sherry57 chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I loved this story the first time I read it I enjoyed it even more this time. No doubt, it'll get read again in the future. Loved the 'stupid genii' mantra!

Thanks for sharing this.
Pocus chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
This was great. Loved the banter between the team. Great job on the injury and recovery being realistic. John was fantastic. You had his personality down perfectly.
BMick chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Just read this for the second time, really like it - the team interactions, the repeated theme of the 'long haul' in both the walk to the gate and the physical recovery effort, and finally the recurrence of the pain-in-the-butt Genii. Well-written as always, I look for your posts. Thank you!
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
*SNORT* the ending was literally the icing on this amazing cake of a story. BRAVO! I know you posted this days ago but I wanted a chance to just read it straight through and it took until today's lunch to have that time. Then I can't do FB at work so this had to wait until now.

A great team fic with a lot of John agnst.
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
As always, an story by Titan5 is bound to be spellbindingly brilliant - and this is no exception. I'm always in awe of your stories and even more so when I realise the prompts you have followed to realise this great fic!
kirroth chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
LOL!

This was fun. Nice blast of extended whump, with poor Sheppard having to walk back to the gate like that. I loved the scene in the mess where Sheppard had to let Teyla cut his meat, her method for silencing the boys, and Sheppard's revenge. D And then of course, you brought it full circle, the very end the Genii preventing Sheppard from having chocolate cake. Now I'm kinda hungry for cake, actually...
parisindy chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
squeaaaaaaaaaaaa awesome!
camcampgirl chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
I really like the way that you fleshed out the story. I thought there were plenty of details, and didn't really feel short-changed. I loved the way you really showed the interaction of the characters and how they all truly cared for one another. I especially loved the scene around the lunch table where Ronan & Rodney are being so male and totally missing that they're making Shep feel completely useless. This is a great story. Thanks for sharing it, and please, keep writing! I'd love to read more!
JoeyLuv chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Hats off to the whump master! Enjoyed the fact that even though Sheppard is severly injured, the tone of the story was quite upbeat. And I definitely agree...Stupid Genii!
Libtech chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Great story Titan. I always enjoy your stories, especially the one with a lot of Sheppard whumping. Thanks.