Reviews for Fey
Susan W chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
snicker! Great how Faramir gets a little testy with Gimli's non-answers. Gah! I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure the out riddle. And I've already read 3 chapters, so it's driving me crazy. :P

Great friendship developing between Faramir and Legolas by the way.

Gah! "Who are you?". That seems to be the main question that needs an answer and the one that is most elusive as to it's true meaning.

Oh! A bit of foreshadowing there with the banners moving in the mist, but not the banners on the outskirts. Loved it! Faramir's Rangers skills haven't gone anywhere since he's become the Steward. He still knows how to observe subtle signals from the people and land around him. This should come in handy.

Onward to the next chapter. Thanks for writing!
Susan W chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
MOST EXCELLENT! Thank you for saving us from all of those teeny boppers that keep falling into Middle Earth tales that turn up mostly during the summer vacation time. This tale is like a breath of fresh air in a mire of goofy bad fics. You wouldn't believe how long I've waited for a fanfic author of your caliber to write a good tale based on my favorite character, Faramir. It's about time, I say! :P Your other tales are very well written with great characterizations, but I just can't get into them so much as they barely have any Faramir in them if any at all. Oh, and you write him so well here! You kept me up Friday night until 3:00 am reading the 3 chapters that were already posted. I couldn't leave the tale. Whether he be written as book verse or movie verse or a mixture of both, so many fanfic authors get Faramir's characterization wrong. You and a very few others hit it on the mark. I'm tired of the sappy/sadsack/pale bookworm character that gets written.

Now, I just wish Faramir wasn't so "intimidating" for you to write as he cuts such a fine figure of a Man when done right like he is here. ;)

Par your usual with the great characterizations all around, even the Gimli that only appears in the "dream". Love the mystery and riddle of the tale. Not many mysteries out there in fanfic land.

Great chapter length. It allows the reader time to get into the tale and delves into characterization and a sense of place.

Well, I almost dread the 6th chapter coming, because I know it will be the last one for this tale and no telling when you'll ever write another one based on Faramir's character or if you ever will again. sigh!

Don't abandon the Man now that you've found him and have gotten over your "fear" ;) of writing him. :)

Thanks for writing. See you in the next chapter.
Mia-philosephet chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
Fascinating course of events. I particularly like the recurring, but slightly changing dream. It is a puzzle that begs to be deciphered, but I am not sure I can do better than Faramir. It seems that the part with Legolas is an actual occurrence perhaps while the part with Gimli takes place in the spirit? world. It seems the mystery has something to do with heritage, particularly Denethor. I wonder if one of the palantir could be involved. That brought about the downfall of Denethor; perhaps it is involved in the current affair. Madness. Fire. Loss of respect. Loss of self. Those all seem to be deep seated fears in Faramir. Perhaps Legolas and Gimli represent the fragmented parts of himself that must be made whole again. Anyway, I am greatly looking forward to the next chapter. Bravo once again!
vectis chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
It's always a pleasure to find a new story from you and this one looks to be no exception. I admit I don't really have a clue what's going on, but you've certainly got me hooked and I'm looking forward to finding out where this leads.
Mia-philosephet chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Hurrah for another story! I am highly intrigued. Faramir has not been a character that I have considered in depth, but I look forward to exploring his character a bit more. On to the next chapter!
ithilgalad75 chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
Things get more and more interesting! I loved the interaction between Faramir, Mablung and Beregond. Poor Faramir, if I were him, the dream would be driving me bananas! I had guessed at his fear of madness (poor guy is more than entitled to it!), and I can't wait to see how it comes into play. I'm waiting eagerly for the next installment!
Nieriel Raina chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
I think I'm feeling as frustrated as Faramir because I'll be darned if I can figure out what is going on! Great chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next. :)
Sirdare chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Excellent, as always! This is really interesting - I don't think your other works (which I've read twice over!) have such a huge dose of mystery in them. Looking forward to each chapter as it's posted, and I hope you do continue writing these wonderful stories (:
Nieriel Raina chapter 2 . 8/5/2011
PS: I forgot to say that I am still worried about Legolas and the references that he has to come back and yet was never there... I know you! I do not doubt Legolas' and Gimli's part in the dream is significant! And Blákári wanted me to tell you if you hurt the elf again, he won't speak to you anymore! D

Have I mentioned how brilliant this is so far? :) I usually HATE present tense but in this case it works SO well! And I have some suspicions about the use of it... I'm probably wrong and you are just experimenting with style but I still can't help but wonder. :)

And as Bilbo would say, I'm going now...
Nieriel Raina chapter 2 . 8/5/2011
And the mystery gets more mysterious! Another great chapter. I am curious to see where you are going with this. I have a couple theories but since I'm usually wrong, I'll spare myself the embarassment of sharing them. ;p

One thing: I thought Gimli meant 'star'? I read that somewhere but now I wonder if it was canon or in a story.

Can't wait for more!
Aranna Undomiel chapter 2 . 8/5/2011
Oh I can't stand not knowing what is happening, I'm really glad you're updating so swiftly, for otherwise I'd surely burst from anticipation. ;)

So we have fire and odd winds, and the importance of names. HAs Faramir forgotten a part of who he is somewhere along the road, does he need to remember all that he is and can be?

Just my mind guessing and marvelling ;D

Looking forward to the next update, that hopefully shed some more light on the mysteries! ;)
ithilgalad75 chapter 2 . 8/4/2011
Wow, this story is gripping! The characterisation is perfect, your writing is so compelling, you pull of writing in present, which is usually obnoxious, but here it works perfectly. I love the dream sequences, they are so frustrating! Kudos to you for writing such a believable Faramir! You are doing a terrific job with his foresight. Can't way to read more!
BM originally chapter 2 . 8/4/2011
Excellent! You've got me hooked, and now I'll never go to sleep tonight, wondering what is going on! As someone else said, it is exciting and wonderful to find such a wonderfully written and well though out fic in this fandom as such are sadly rare. I love your depiction of the characters, the insight you give into their personalities that bring them to life in very pleasant ways, the relationships they have that do not reduce the character in disappointing ways as so many stories do-i.e. you keep them in character! And the intrigue is about to kill me! I do hope you have the next chapter up soon!
FaceChanger chapter 2 . 8/4/2011
At the risk of sounding slightly fangirlish: Yay! Another chapter so soon!(!1!eleven!1!)

In all seriousness, I really do like this. It's fascinating. And a relief from all the badfic that seems to afflict this poor fandom. So far the only things that I find good in this fandom (besides this) have been parodies or were written back in '04. As much as I like parodies, it is rather frustrating.

Again, no criticism, except possibly a few missing commas, not that I am one to talk *is notoriously bad with commas, though improving*.
FaceChanger chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Interesting idea. I like it and am excited to read more. It's an interesting introduction and I like how well it has got me hooked. What does frustrate me is that I can only imagine Faramir as Movie!Faramir, yet Aragorn is different. Grrr.

Usually, I dislike when people give me reviews that are only praise, but I can't see anything wrong with this and you've been on the site longer and have more/better stories and I feel there is nothing I can do but bow to your greatness. *bows*
94 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »