Reviews for Stalking Zuko
Em Dixon chapter 9 . 8/11/2011
Ah, the stupor inducing powers of sake... I think it's great that they get this little interlude to relax a bit. I loved drunk!bromance. It's good to see that Zuko's included in something, and I definitely agree with you about that. This is probably one of the first places he's really felt included. There was just so much to love about this, and Katara's resolve is breaking. She might not know it yet, but I do.

re: Chit Sang and The Cooler, I always thought it was his dragon learnings that enabled Zuko to bend while in the extreme cold. I was going to say the dragons taught him breath of fire, but Ozai and Azula used it, too, and I think he was spewing flames in an earlier episode. You raise a good question, madam. It probably just shows how badass Zuko is. *nods sagely*
yourdyingwish chapter 9 . 8/11/2011
crap. i need MOAR.

pwease :)
Kimberly T chapter 9 . 8/11/2011
This one had some really funny moments! And oh my, Katara seems to be exceptionally bothered by Subject's relationship with Gloomy Hairbuns; I wonder why? ;-)

Regarding why The Cooler was such effective punishment for most firebenders, but not a problem for Zuko:

I'm not positive, but I have the definite impression that Zuko employed a firebending technique for keeping warm that very few firebenders know about, because his uncle invented that "breath of fire" technique as well as the technique for redirecting lightning.

"Firebending comes from the breath" is probably a well known saying, because both Iroh and Jeong Jeong emphasized breath control in their teachings. But generally speaking, that firebending is directed EXTERNALLY, outwards and away from the body. That ties in with fire's aggressive nature; it spreads outwards, instead of pulling in on itself. But Iroh, who is clearly an unconventional thinker, came up with the idea of redirecting lightning by using the body's INTERNAL chi pathways. And using that same idea of directing firebending energy along internal pathways instead of externally, he also came up with the "breath of fire" technique that kept Zuko from dying of hypothermia after his polar swim, and kept him relatively comfy in The Cooler. I imagine that the actual exhalation of flames in that "breath of fire" technique, which were not much bigger than candle flames when Zuko is capable of huge fireblasts, was just venting the 'excess' heat from his internal bending.

But I'm still quite interested in reading your idea, and the reason why Chit Sang was so concerned for Zuko's health. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Ozuma thy Awesome chapter 9 . 8/11/2011
Great chapter!

As an answer to the boiling rock and Chit Sang's cooler, I think Zuko was using a special technique in calming himself down, and using his body heat as heat like what he did in Siege of the North where he was heated and not cold when he swam up under the ice or something. He probably learned it from Iroh.

I thought with Drunk Zuko being carried down and talking to Katara, he'd say that she was pretty. U know coz u say stuff when ur drunk that u can't when ur not
ArrayePL chapter 8 . 8/10/2011
Great chapter. Frustrated Katara is hilarious.
Em Dixon chapter 8 . 8/10/2011
Firebending Slice! Whoosh! Gotta love Sokka's storytelling. I loved this so much. Especially Haru's Toph-stalking. I bet he's got his own journal. My favorite parts were Fishing with Uncle and Fishing with Ozai. That is EXACTLY how Uncle would fish. It would be fishing for wisdom and metaphors. I'm so excited for the drunken shenanigans!
peiot chapter 8 . 8/9/2011
Wow, when I said I was looking forward to another chapter I had no idea that I'd be reading another in a couple hours! Way to make my day! :D

Fantastic chapter, as usual. You are en excellent writer, and your insights into Katara's mind makes me lol. Espically this part: "Sokka is my brother and he is my Subject and now I don't know where they are. I am very cross." I had to stop reading for a few seconds to calm myself. It just cracked me up, so thank you, :p

I'm hoping that in my last reveiw, I somehow stumbled upon a magic phrase that makes you update every couple of hours or so, so I'm going to try it again: "I wanted to give this hilerous/touching/amazing story some story-love!"

I'll say/write it again, just to be sure. "I wanted to give this hilerous/touching/amazing story some story-love!"

Crossing my finger that'll work, lol :P

But in the meantime, I'll be cracking myself up thinking about Katara and Subject's shenanigans!

Have a wonderful day, and thanks again!
Ozuma thy Awesome chapter 8 . 8/9/2011
AWESOME!

"Firebending Slice, Whoosh!" LOL

Haru can't be taken seriously. Just coz of his moustache.

"The dreaded phrase" LOL

Nice chapter, Katara can't fish, she CHEATS with her waterbending.
donnacrunch chapter 8 . 8/9/2011
I literally was holding my sides trying to suppress laughter (because I am suppossed to be in bed...). The whole chapter was effing hilarious. My favorite part was when Katara ponders the various fishing trips: "I'm sure Ozai would have found a way to make fishing evil and full of pain. He probably would have killed a few people on the way, drowned a few baby rabbiroos for shiggles and then poisoned all the fish and called the trip a success." Also, I don't know if it was intended to be taken the way I took it, but it struck me as pretty dang cute when Katara referred to Zuko as "my Subject." Considering that this followed "my brother," it seemed like she felt somewhat affectionate towards him. But, you know, that could just be my inner Hardcore Zutarian reading too far into it. :D

Once again, stupendous job. I'm Super Excited for the next chapter. *storylove!*
Kimberly T chapter 8 . 8/9/2011
Two chapters in less than 24 hours? You're spoiling us!

So the fic will end after Southern Raiders, eh? I don't suppose it will end with Zuko finding her journal... but I really hope he does someday in the next fic. Just so Katara will be forced to explain herself when Zuko says, at the very least, "So I was right; you did take my fire flakes! And then lied right to my face about it!" She deserves to squirm a little, don'cha think?
FlairYourFuel chapter 8 . 8/9/2011
I thought it was spelled Sake? At least that's what I heard.
Kalanrae chapter 7 . 8/9/2011
Hay great chapter! I think you should go to Sozin's comet! Also do you have an idea bunny of a short in Zuko's P.O.V.? I think that could be fun! But also challenging. :]
Kimberly T chapter 7 . 8/9/2011
Once again, you've raised several valid points in this chapter. I think you're spot-on with your characterizations of Katara, Zuko, Aang and The Duke, and how they'd fall on each side of the kids-learning-to-fight debate. Yes, Zuko has a soft spot for kids and can be a patient teacher, as evidenced by "Zuko Alone". And yes, Aang's antics while training under Pakku and under Toph made it clear that he is definitely not the most attentive student when it comes to bending other elements... which actually makes it pretty puzzling that he was able to master them so quickly. According to Roku, he took twelve years to train in the other three elements, and he didn't say anything to indicate he was considered a slow learner. So if it typically takes Avatars several years to master their non-native elements, how'd Aang learn them all in less than a year? I suppose he's just a prodigy at bending, period... That, and he knew he had a Very Serious Deadline to learn them all in.
donnacrunch chapter 7 . 8/9/2011
I really enjoyed this chapter. I think that Zuko's apparent softness towards children really brings out in him whatever he has inherited from his mother. And you're right - teo,, haru, and the duke felt like extras at that point in the show, even though we all 'knew' them. They didn't fit in with the episode plots, so they became background decorations.

also, I think it was a good call for Katara to be sensitive about his scar. She easily could have been nasty about it in her journal, but she wasn't. Kudos for that.

this is just my opinion, and naturally, as the author, you should do as you feel apporopriate, but I think the southern raiders would be a good last chapter and then maybe have EIP as an epilogue. I can see many other shenanigans in that that the writers overlooked. But, again, that's just my opinion.

keep up the fantabulous work!
peiot chapter 7 . 8/9/2011
Yaaaay! Lol, I always think of reveiws as story love, so I wanted to give this hilerous/touching/amazing story some! Really enjoying it. And I'd definitly promote going all the way! Perhaps with a Zutara twist at the end...? :D

Because, let's face it...none of us were really satisfyied with the "glorious" finale (except for some epic bending, gotta love the pic bending scenes) Kaatang had been dead for seasons, silly Mike and Bryan! They were good friends, had a sweet relationship, and should've been left as such...

I'd have cried with joy if it had been Zutara. And Taang. I love me some Taang too.

But, alas, these are only whimsical fan opinions on a completed show. So, I must resort to fan fics! And yours has been most delightful and well written, I appluad you, and anoxusly await further updates.

Hope you consider bringing your story all the way to Sozin's Comet! And giving us some Zutara love too! Peace out, and once again, looking forward to reading on with the Boiling Rock. :)
484 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 .. Last Next »