Reviews for On the Making of Fire
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Very clever, because of course he too wound up vowing twice... once to someone, once to something (which in the end did fade)...
Shocked and Awed chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
Astonishing. This is the best 'justification' or at least emotional explanation of Feanor that I've ever come across and it's so clear cut - the tone is so IC.
Ishtar Canavon Gemini chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Poor, dear Feanaro. I love him! Very good fic.
funkless chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
"I will love only once, and, as the Valar have taught me, I will love only that which does not fade."
-that line is quite chilling- that love being not Nerdanel I believe but the Silmarils; so consumed by those 3 Jewels just like the fire he was...
Beautiful little piece. Always enjoyed the story of Feanor and those stinkin' jewels that caused so much trouble! So tragic but fabulous to read.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
It was about time someone wrote a Feanor fic! *Cries* I love the last few lines especially. Your eloquence never ceases to amaze me.
Dora Mugworts chapter 1 . 12/4/2002
Wow, that puts a new perspective on Fëanor. He's not so horrible as even Tolkien made him out to be! He wished Indis were gone, but still wanted his father to be happy. Now that really makes me wanna read a Fëanor/Nerdanel story, thinking about "I will love only once" and its ramifications. Do you known any good F/N stories? :-)
SilverElf chapter 1 . 10/23/2002
... You have offically written me speechless. Words can't describe this. I really like your sense of description. normally i can find something little nit-picky thing to critique on, but there's nothing here. absolutely nothing. good work!

SilverElf
Furius chapter 1 . 6/2/2002
Goodness gracious, when put in this manner, Feanor's eventual fate is not so surprising. I agree with your Notes from this to did. The last line sounds really ominious. Feanor and oaths..*shudder*
Altariel chapter 1 . 5/30/2002
Ah... I'm not managin to be articulate enough with this one. You chilled me to the core.
Arwen Imladviel chapter 1 . 5/25/2002
Touching. Burning, actually.
Nath chapter 1 . 5/17/2002
*shiver*

I now feel more sorry for Nerdanel than ever; on the other hand, I suspect the lady is strong enough to deal. Had she been weak, she would never have attracted Fëanor's interest in the first place.
Honesty chapter 1 . 5/5/2002
Short, and sweet, kind of.

Actually I've not found this before, so I was quite pleased to stumble across it. Always wondered about the second marriage thing - very Catholic, I suppose, which is in tune with Tolkien's intention.

"Only that which does not fade" Ooh. Maybe not quite as sensible as it sounds. Okay, so he's screwed, he's a nasty piece of goods, but you've got to feel a bit sorry for him.
ElrohirStarHorseLord chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
Very cool fic. I always thought a story from the point of view of Feanor would be really hard to write, but you've done a great job.

I love your other stories too. You're such an amazing writer! I'm so jealous!

keep writing, I love Sil fics
Woman of the Dunedain chapter 1 . 4/17/2002
Greatness! I prefer Feanor's sons to him, but you write him as an intriguing character. _ Wonderful job, Deborah.
Soledad chapter 1 . 4/17/2002
I must tell you, this is the first time I managed to bring up some understanding for Fëanor. Not that I'd start to like him or anything, but he has his point here, and it explains a lot about how he turned out later.