Reviews for The First Year
Guest chapter 17 . 7/19/2015
Very cute but I HATE Kathy, I can't believe Elliot let it get that far. Thanks for posting.
LaceNLeather24 chapter 17 . 7/12/2014
I read this a few months ago and I then read it a few more times. I can't believe I have yet to review this. This story and the one before are sooo damn good! I love your writing, and I might just spend the rest of the day reading all of your stories all over again!
Guest chapter 5 . 11/24/2013
:( my heart almost broke... I love it
Guest chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
Omg I just found this and even though its like 2 yrs old it is a masterpiece!
Guest chapter 17 . 10/7/2013
Thank god... I can't believe he almost had sex with Kathy again, I would have cut his balls off after that. Loved the story, wish she wouldn't have slept with Peter at all, let alone every night though. Other then that I loved the story. Thanks for posting.
Happy2BeDee chapter 8 . 9/28/2013
This is one of the best stories i have ever read! It's well written and, wow! Can't wait to finish!
Dawn chapter 17 . 11/18/2012
Wow! You are an amazing writer, I have followed the series! Love Love Love them, and the rest of your stories!
mandip312 chapter 17 . 10/22/2012
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD STORY, NOT JUST THE FLUFF AND CASES THEY SEE BUT WHAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY IMAGINE LIV WOULD FEEL LIKE IF EL WAS LIKE THAT! I REALLY ENJOYED THAT, THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS STORY.
Eliguis chapter 15 . 7/24/2012
I just thought I would let you know I only recently stated reading your stories and I love your creative ability to think out of the box and remain true your stories and readers and developed the characters to your standards. When I read this chapter (although it took place a little while back) I felt your dedication and fairness to your craft. Really loved your stories and will continue to read! :)
shilohharris chapter 13 . 7/23/2012
Light at the end of the tunnel. Thank god!
shilohharris chapter 12 . 7/23/2012
Oh shit. That one statement just Stabbed a knife in my chest oh gosh. Excuse my dramatics.
shilohharris chapter 11 . 7/23/2012
Ahnhhhhjhhhhhhhhh! Omg, wtf omg. No. Stop playing with my emotions like that. Don't stop but stop.
shilohharris chapter 8 . 7/23/2012
Omg!
dancefan93 chapter 19 . 7/15/2012
Hey i just wanted to say this was a great story. i was wondering if writing a sequal ever passed your mind because i would definately read. just a thought, either way really great story.
ItsALifesJourney chapter 19 . 6/11/2012
So, I was going through some of my favorited stories on here and remembered this series. Just thought I'd leave a little side note to get some things off my chest about what I was thinking and how I liked this and finished it but couldn't another involving characterization after I saw a couple of people's reviews on one of your other stories.

As for this series, TFY, Genesis, , I thought you went beyond just the making original characters obtain a believable future. The characterization of Elliot's kids was unorthodox at times just because we don't see much of them on the show, but it wasn't NOT believable for them to push Olivia over the edge with their behavior in your story. She's been alone her whole life until you gave her a child and she changed in a way to suit motherhood and I gave you kudos for that. I even didn't think Elliot having a lapse in judgement briefly with Kathy was too much of a faux paux. He's used to living by the rules of his religion and well he DID go back to her in Annhilated because he needed refuge in some way. Unfortunate as that ep was LOL. Anyways, the situations you put them in those particluar stories resonated with me and thus I could BELIEVE a lot of what you wrote, some may or may not resonated as completey true, but it was bypassable in this AU Elliot and Olivia. In any story with them being in an est relationship, a life together amidst lots and lots of angst along the way because they are NOT sunshine and rainbows is to be expected and you did it well in this and thus I enjoyed the entertainment.

With that being said, I thought, I'd give an explanation on why I could finish and enjoy that series but not your recent one "Whole."

I know, you're probably over this one already and the reviews you've gotten (I've seen some of them and though some are harsh, I agree to some extent but no need to be rude. Constructicism is my policy, so I'll try to do this even though this is on the wrong story lol). Anyways, I stopped reading Whole with like only two or three chaps left because I didn't think it was a believable situation. I found it entertaining in parts and dramaticy like I like all my stories but once I saw reviews on how it ended, I just saw no resolution in how you portrayed Elliot and Olivia. AND it wasn't because they don't get together (though it's always a part of the reason) but mostly because I'd never see Olivia put and then keep herself in that kind of situation. If she sleeps with her married partner and having him throw her to the curb (which Elliot would never do, that was OOC but I lived with it at first until I got furhter along), she'd be devestated yes but I'd never see her doing it again (sleeping with a coworker) especially this Sydney dude.

Elliot was a prick in this. I can't see him not caring that he slept with Olivia RIGHT before going back to his wife. There's too much history there, too many things said and unsaid with them to throw her to the curb. The one thing I think you did get right was his broodiness. He always broods in stories and on the show at times in past seasons. But he has compassion to underly that. In your three story series, he SEARCHED for her because she had his child with her and he wanted to make it BETTER. This one, he only did it because she ran away from him after he USED her.

With that being said, it wasn't ALL like that in Whole. I actually wouldn't minded some of their actions in some parts had you not brought another person into it, like Sydney because he messed with their connection and thus there was no resolution between EO to make it feel like an Olivia/OC ending would work. Just that's what it seems like by reading other reviews. With that being said, keep on writing and I'll continue to enjoy the stories that first made me notice your writing which is this one. I know it's so tempting to try new proses in stories and go different directions but you can't please everyone. I really wanted to get that off my chest because I did stop reading and saw those other reviews that I in ways agreed with but didn't feel they said everything on why they thought it was bad or whatever. Hope to see more from you. I'll always give something a try at first. :D