Reviews for Summer Haze
Zeki Young chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
Lovely portrayal of Alexis. I think she can get a hard wrap in the fan fic world.
Bookish0278 chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
:) That is all I have to say
GT500RonSmith chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Really hopeful story! Very nice!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
very sweet
KMacD chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
I know this isn't a recent fic of yours but I've just come upon it and re read it. And I enjoyed it all over again! Thanks
itsourinsidejoke chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
This is great!

I really enjoy your writing style.

And Castle's purposal was SO Castle. ;)

Ariel119 chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Very sweet!
chezchuckles chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
ooh what I loved:

"since the beginning of the summer, she's been using some of her darkest tricks to get him to run with her. She's succeeded quite a few times, and now she gets to enjoy the fruits of her labour. Not that Castle really needs her help, though. He's always been pretty easy on the eyes. And it's not why she loves him."

Delish. I love that you keep having Kate go back to describing Castle. lol. awesome. tasty.

"She's a little hopeless, isn't she?

And yet she's told herself to leave Detective Beckett in New York, to leave her tough exterior and her case behind (and it's not her case, she corrects mentally, it's Ryan and Esposito's) so she gets to be Kate Castle for those three days of escape to the Hamptons. Kate Castle."

aww...Kate Castle!

"It always takes her a dazed second to realize she's the one they're talking to."

I love that line too. That's really good.

"surprising her by not showing up. He had this stunned look written almost permanently on his face at the time, like he couldn't quite convince himself she had said yes."

aw, and this too! that he didn't show up. that he walked around stunned all the time. I love that.

"waving boxes of Chinese at her like they were the magical pass to her apartment (and who is she kidding, they were)."

and the fortune cookie! awesome idea. you nailed it.

"Then everything got out of hand without her knowing how. Rick met her gaze, somewhere between scared to death and deadly serious (all very fitting expressions considering the way they had met), and he said with false detachment, "I told you before. I'm never letting you go."

It was the right thing to say, taking the drama out of it, making his proposal sound like another one of his "Always". "

omw, I'm getting all fangirly over here. whew, that was hot, and cute, and adorable.

awww, and this: "loose enough that she'd have the possibility to draw back, if she needed to. She didn't need to."

awesome! so awesome: "and more than anything, she never wanted to give him cause to doubt her again.

"You want a proper answer, Rick? You ask the proper question.""

ohhhhhhhh: ""Yes, Castle," she said, surprising herself with the steadiness of her voice; and it was almost painful, how her chest seemed to burst open under the pressure of her love, her heart no longer able to contain it. "I'll marry you.""

oh this is perfect, a perfect line:

"If there's something she's learned with Castle, it's how to enjoy a good day. And she'll fight to preserve that little bit of peace, of light, that means so much to her."

hahah, oh, how hot is this?: "He kisses her, a mixture of cold lips and warm tongue, and Kate shivers, moaning softly into his mouth. She draws closer, hands sliding at the back of his neck, tasting salt on his tongue. Castle's arms tighten around her, and he nibbles tenderly at her bottom lip before letting her go. The way he looks at her – oh, God."

and then you make my heart stop a little: "Shivers to think of the Toms and Ginas and Joshs, of the bombs and gunshots and freezers – and worse than that, of the misunderstandings between them."

oh oh man. I'm dying here: ""Thank you," she whispers, trying to say it all through her eyes, her love a fierce, ferocious thing inside her."

that is so good. so so so good, Jules. wow.

HA! "You can't make sinful noises like that"

aw, poor Little Castle: "In Alexis's experience, good people can run in circles around each other for years, and never find their way to the other. Good people, no matter how good they are, can be pretty damn stubborn; complete idiots even. Good people can be scared, and sometimes they let their fears govern them." - yeah, I'm glad she gets to witness this.

oh wow that was awesome. really great. I loved it. sigh. happy now.
Father Vengeance chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I don't know how I missed this one, but no longer. Goodness but it makes me yearn for the beach. I grew up with it close by, but it's been too long now since I've indulged. Your words did well to take me back for a time though; I'm grateful.

Rick's lingering stunned expression elicited a chuckle; pretty sure I've worn that myself once or twice. And I liked your fortune cookie much better. ;) I could practically hear Kate's laugh during Alexis's observing of the pair. Jeez. We need to have that on the show. Preferably before we're too old to hear it distinctly.

This is a wonderful addition to your collection. The scene itself is as picturesque as Wyeth, but how you handle the characters feels as realistic as Rockwell. If that makes sense. Brava.
karamarieross chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
this was so cute! i've really missed your writing. i know people say the hamptons fics are overdone, but i can't get enough of them when they're like this. i want to actually see them in the hamptons more than anything. i loved alexis's perspective. it perfectly completed the story.
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I LOOOOOOOOOVE this! The best part-when Kate didn't want Castle to ever doubt her again. I can not WAIT until she gets to that point in the show. This story makes my heart happy. :)
xfcastle chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
love the fluff! Thanks!

welcome back!:)
Beetlebug chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
ahhh I want to sit on the sand and watch it all unfold, they are too cute together.

and that proposal ? Brilliant with the Fortune Cookie!
uwprincess chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
I really enjoyed this, thank you so much for posting! I think your descriptions were really intense and mirrored the emotions of the characters. You also seemed to flow between flashbacks and the beach scene with ease. I liked how comfortable Kate had become with being smitten with Castle, what's not to love?
NoOrdinaryLines chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
This was SO worth it. My fave part is still the proposal. It was simply perfect!

Thank You for sharing!