Reviews for Happiness is a Warm Puppy
UnpredictablyRandomOne chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Oh goodness! This was so cute! Cute and adorable! Adorably warm! Warm and tender! I want to hug Billy and the puppy! Bravo! I'm usually into angst but this totally warmed my heart to the point where I grabbed my chihuahua and hugged her as tight as possible. She was a little surprised but gave me a kiss anyway. Lol I loved this!

By the way, any particular name the puppy may have been given?
SeanJ chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Aww, a puppy? That was just fabulous! And Billy even gets to keep him in the end, yay. Very well written, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for a great story.
Tohda chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Billy's actually my favourite character in Chaos and I'm glad to find a good fic written with him as the starring character. :D This is a really nice fic. A bit on the angst side but a very comforting and happy ending. I also read your other story "Rate Yourself and Rake Yourself" and it's just as good. Please write more! :D
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
stupid blurry monitor. damn it where are my tissues.
fighttowin1 chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Ahhhh...such a sweet ending! Loved this little story!

Favorite lines: A little bleeding builds character. A few bruises teaches humility. And lying alone and cold in the rain teaches...

Bloody hell, Billy doesn't care what it teaches. He's just glad that the trash back next to his head isn't smelly. There is some kind of unidentifiable liquid seeping out the bottom but it doesn't seem to have reached his head.

In general, Billy doesn't like being alone - in sickness or in health. He doesn't like not having someone to talk to. It makes him feel vulnerable. Without someone to be buoyant for, his mood has a tendency to sink like a brick. (Which the puppy was able to provide someone to talk to and be buoyant for) ;-)

Rick would be the first to realize that Billy was wanting to take the puppy into the car with them...

Perfectly Casey: "And do you know how hard it is to have a puppy flown across the ocean and pass through international customs unattended?" Casey asks crossly.

Excellent job writting this story! This would have made a great episode!

Thank you for the story...looking forward to your next one!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
This is just TO DIE FOR CUTE! All of the wonderful elements of h/c with cuteness added. I also love the particular emphasis of how truly alone the guys are in general. The whole Gallo speech from Deep Cover Band resonating about how they don't have families or anyone who would miss them, mourn them even. That a puppy would provide such a meager and yet much needed comfort for Billy is both poignant and deeply sad too!

Fave parts:

There was the time in Russia where he almost drowned in a frozen lake. And there was the time in Columbia when he was almost blown to shreds in a drug bust and ended up getting dangerously high on the fumes while also suffering massive internal injuries. And of course, there was the mission to South Korea in which he'd been tied to a bed for nearly a week straight and forced to endure various implements of torture.

- Can I be cruel and say, I wish I could see these missions!

Bloody hell, Billy doesn't care what it teaches.

-So a Billy thought process.

But Billy prides himself on his inalienable optimism. The bright light of hope in the cynical world of the ODS.

- I SO LOVE THIS! Because he is!

It had also made the attackers mad. After being tagged with a blade in his side, Billy had been unceremoniously beaten to a pulp and left to die.

Such measures were undeniably cocky - leaving a potential loose end still breathing - but his attackers had seemed to relish the notion of him dying a slow and painful death, fully aware of his stupidity, inadequacy, and defeat.

And now, aching and wet on the dirty pavement, Billy has to admit: he does feel pretty stupid and more than somewhat inadequate. It's never an easy thing, getting bested in a fight, even if it is three to one, and one side is armed while the other isn't.

-*sigh!

Being hurt is not so uncommon for a CIA agent in the field. And Billy's endured his share of injuries. But usually he's not quite so alone with it.

-OH! I SO LOVE THIS! *sniffle! And it makes perfect sense!

"Hey, hey," Billy says. It takes effort but he reaches out his good arm. "No need to cry now. You're not so alone out here."

- I LOVE that he comforts a puppy! There's something BEYOND CUTE about it! That even in his state, he puts a puppy before his own needs and tries to be selfish about needing its company.

"So that's why none of this is my fault," Billy concludes after regaling the small creature with a full history of how he came to be involved with the ODS in the first place. "It could happen to anyone."

- LOVE that he tells a puppy about his deportation. Talk about the best secret keeper!

Billy closes his eyes again, letting out a breath as the cold rain continues to pound over his battered body. "Everyone leaves."

-*SOB!

Pressing his lips together, Billy takes a ragged breath, looking the puppy squarely in the eyes.

"Sorry, mate," he says, the words clunky and hard. "I've appreciated the company, I really have."

The puppy barks at him.

"I know," Billy concedes. "And I've tried. You've tried. It's been a valiant effort all around. But it's just...cold."

- *double SOB!

Billy sighs; he can't blame the creature. Everyone seems to leave, one way or another. Once they figure him out, most people don't find much reason to stay. This is why Billy uses his facades so regularly; this is why Billy is friendly with everyone but friends with so few.

-*triple sob!

"With kids and a garden," Billy promises. "Probably some bones and table scraps, too. Maybe even a nice female puppy to keep you company as you get older. Every right thing a puppy could ever want."

The puppy barks again.

-JUST FREAKIN' ADORABLE! Both of them!

It's good to be home. Billy's body is on the mend and he's back at work, doing the things he does best. He still aches a little and it's hard to sleep at night, but he's getting there. If it's hard to smile, it's just because he's still so tired. Almost dying can take a lot out of a man, Billy reminds people with a knowing look.

-*Sigh!

-HILARIOUS! So a Casey thing to say.

LOVED THIS!
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Most adorable story EVER! Loved it! :D
Lena chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Bahaha! So much cuteness, I'm pretty sure there ought to be some sort of cuteness overload failsafe.
Hawk50 chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Awwww. I knew there was a reason dogs are man's best friend! Hopefully, Billy names him something Scottish. Like Angus or Mac. Thanks for sharin' this wee story with us!
AZGirl chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Please don't think of what I'm about to say as a negative, but...your story really made miss my dog. ((shrugs shoulders))

Great job - emotional, angsty, but with a bit o' humor! I really liked getting more of a glimpse into Billy's character as you see it. The parts with the puppy were a bonus. :]
marinawings chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
My heart just exploded into feathers and down. And I enjoyed it. Thank-you.