Reviews for Descent Of Intent: Halo & Call of Duty Crossover
DarkHeart Eagle chapter 4 . 11/12/2013
Are you going to be writong more of the hal story i like it and want to hear more.
DarkHeart Eagle chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
just started reading it and i like it not bad so far for combining halo and cod
Nedy Rahn chapter 4 . 12/2/2012
this one needs to continue
Mrsilent chapter 4 . 3/13/2012
good story keep it up! :)
HelloMyNameIsEd chapter 4 . 1/17/2012
I really like this story! I hope you update it soon! :D
SC Matt chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Eipok, Corvettes would be nailed by missiles. Remember Exodus? Our normal missiles are about as strong as those were.

And quite simply, UNSC weapons are a joke compared to modern ones. Those do quite well against the Covenant's ground forces.

Seraphs are taken down by Sabres, which are somewhat stronger than modern aircraft, but not by much.

...damn, Reach lowballed the crap out of the Covenant.
Eipok chapter 4 . 8/28/2011
I'm suitably surprised that the missiles did any damage at all to the Corvette's armor, honestly. They literally shouldn't have even scratched the pain. I'm also surprised that the Covenant is allowing air transports safe passage. They should be intercepting and destroying all aircraft they pick up on any sensors, which would be all human aircraft. Another thing, the fight against the skirmihers seemed oddly skewed towards the humans. By all rights the Kig-Yar should have won with less than 25% casualties.

I suggest you keep this as realistic as possible. And not MW2 "realistic" either. I mean actually realistic. Also, you're completely neglecting any stories on the Covenant side.
Eipok chapter 3 . 8/18/2011
"For just half a second he looked right into the eyes of a blue armour clad Brute Major. They were a deep scarlet and filled with rage." Later on, you mentioned a white armored elite minor. Covenant armor is color coded depending on rank. For more information, check the Halo Wiki.

Also, as an explanation for the EMP effect plasma has when it destabilizes, plasma is contained by powerful EM fields and when the shot destabilizes, the EM field loses coherency and radiates outwards. Just in case you didn't know.
Eipok chapter 2 . 8/16/2011
Did the Covenant get there through some sort of temporal anomaly? Because the Covenant didn't have the Unggoy or Jiralhanae during the 21st century.

Also, Covenant armor should be pretty difficult to penetrate with contemporary ammunition, and a single plasma shot to the chest or head of any human would be an instant kill, plasma punching through any armor and the human's insides being boiled from the heat. Likewise, if a plasma shot destabilized inside an armored vehicle (i.e. a charged shot, as a normal shot would just go all the way through, containment intact), it's crew would be boiled alive.

Another thing, don't doubt the Grunts' intelligence, capabilities, or resilience. They're 5 foot tall crab-monkeys and they're just as smart as humans, but obviously far stronger and more resilient (remember, they've got tough exoskeletons).

In essence, accept that humanity would be completely screwed and run with that. Don't turn it into a battle that humanity could miraculously come out on top of. Just make humanity's defeat as powerful and compelling as possible. A lot can be made out of a downhill battle, out of a loss, from a literary perspective.