Reviews for This wild, strange, miserable feeling
4fanci chapter 21 . 8/15
A sad story, but one that is realistic of the time period. So much tragedy, but love endured in the end. Thank you for a wonderful story!
M chapter 21 . 8/3
There were a lot of really great elements in this story! I was ready to give it a more favorable review until the last chapter. I can cope with a few misunderstandings...but after a dozen of them it became annoying. There are other things that can make a storyline interesting, but even with that I kept rolling with it to see where they would all lead. And yet when something other than a misunderstanding happened a bomb was dropped with a rape!? And because it was the last chapter and things needed to be resolved it was skimmed over and nothing was explained. Was Henry just taking out his revenge on Margaret on someone else? Disgusting.
I wish I could focus on and remember more of the positive things I liked with this story, but it had such a negative depressing tone, and not in the motivating way that the original book had through its heartbreaks...there was no Margaret saying, "Come poor little heart, be cheery and brave!") Instead it was complete wallowing in self-pity and refusing love and help.
gramasherry chapter 21 . 5/4
I cryed too. this was a wonderful story thank you for the finish.i do agree tho henry raping Julia could have been left out. .you have a wonderful talent. thank you.
Torina chapter 21 . 1/29
You made me cry at the end..it's a great story!
AliciaMo chapter 21 . 3/28/2015
Can't you continue? Or provide an update?
Lisa chapter 21 . 3/21/2015
I was enjoying your writing style and John and Margaret's new story until I read the rape scene.
Your horrible horrible choice of adding a rape scene brought nothing to the story line, left me wondering why you abused two characters so badly-Henry and Julia, and because of the rape, I was left with a bad taste that almost made me stop reading.

I did finish reading your story, but I'm not as happy about it as when I started it. I believe you should remove the rape. It's a serious subject that shouldn't be used unless you're going to do something serious with it.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/19/2015
Just read the chapter. Great writing. Your story line grabbed me from the first words. Thanks for such great work.
Shay chapter 20 . 2/22/2015
While I appreciate and even like this story, there have been some elements that have disturbed me, such as Margaret's continual and selfish willingness to throw off her husband. That said some of the events in this chapter felt wholly unnecessary.

For what plot purpose was it necessary for Julia to be raped by Lennox? And why should Lennox be turned into such a disgusting creature, which is so far out of his characterization?

Beyond this, you gave your readers no warning of the coming events. Rape is not something you should lightly be thrown into a story, especially at the end. This is nothing more than cheap and quite unnecessary drama.

Some of your readers are going to be sensitive in varying degrees when it comes to reading such scenarios. And by not giving a warning, you may have inadvertently traumatized someone.

I prefer knowing what I'm dealing with before I start on a story. Here I feel I've invested a lot of my time which I now see was wasted. I don't like reading stories that involve rape, however mild the graphic nature of it is. I have to say it's disturbing to run afoul of such a scene where I was least expecting one.

So next time before blithely tossing such a horrid scenario into a story, do your readers a favor and give them a heads up. Please.
obilupin chapter 21 . 1/21/2015
I enjoyed reading this!
Guest chapter 20 . 1/3/2015
Worst plot twist ever.
Guest chapter 12 . 10/11/2014
Brilliant fic. You should write professionally.
KylieKyotie chapter 21 . 7/21/2014
Well done! I really enjoyed this story. I wondered if John and Margaret would learn how to confide in each other and at long last they did. Margaret even managed to win over the severe Mrs. Thornton - no small feat. Thank you for all your work - this was a real pleasure to read : )
snapeophile chapter 21 . 5/24/2014
Achingly beautiful story. I adore how you wrote their interactions and that M did not come off as a spoiled brat, but a strong and determined, yet inexperienced, woman. Thank you for sharing your time and talents with us!
elwren75 chapter 21 . 5/10/2014
Beautiful.
elwren75 chapter 20 . 5/10/2014
I never really liked Henry, but euwww! Poor Julia. I 'm glad she has another option. Only the epilogue to go. I don't want it to end!