Reviews for This wild, strange, miserable feeling
AliciaMo chapter 21 . 3/28
Can't you continue? Or provide an update?
Lisa chapter 21 . 3/21
I was enjoying your writing style and John and Margaret's new story until I read the rape scene.
Your horrible horrible choice of adding a rape scene brought nothing to the story line, left me wondering why you abused two characters so badly-Henry and Julia, and because of the rape, I was left with a bad taste that almost made me stop reading.

I did finish reading your story, but I'm not as happy about it as when I started it. I believe you should remove the rape. It's a serious subject that shouldn't be used unless you're going to do something serious with it.
Just read the chapter. Great writing. Your story line grabbed me from the first words. Thanks for such great work.
Shay chapter 20 . 2/22
While I appreciate and even like this story, there have been some elements that have disturbed me, such as Margaret's continual and selfish willingness to throw off her husband. That said some of the events in this chapter felt wholly unnecessary.

For what plot purpose was it necessary for Julia to be raped by Lennox? And why should Lennox be turned into such a disgusting creature, which is so far out of his characterization?

Beyond this, you gave your readers no warning of the coming events. Rape is not something you should lightly be thrown into a story, especially at the end. This is nothing more than cheap and quite unnecessary drama.

Some of your readers are going to be sensitive in varying degrees when it comes to reading such scenarios. And by not giving a warning, you may have inadvertently traumatized someone.

I prefer knowing what I'm dealing with before I start on a story. Here I feel I've invested a lot of my time which I now see was wasted. I don't like reading stories that involve rape, however mild the graphic nature of it is. I have to say it's disturbing to run afoul of such a scene where I was least expecting one.

So next time before blithely tossing such a horrid scenario into a story, do your readers a favor and give them a heads up. Please.
obilupin chapter 21 . 1/21
I enjoyed reading this!
Worst plot twist ever.
Guest chapter 12 . 10/11/2014
Brilliant fic. You should write professionally.
KylieKyotie chapter 21 . 7/21/2014
Well done! I really enjoyed this story. I wondered if John and Margaret would learn how to confide in each other and at long last they did. Margaret even managed to win over the severe Mrs. Thornton - no small feat. Thank you for all your work - this was a real pleasure to read : )
snapeophile chapter 21 . 5/24/2014
Achingly beautiful story. I adore how you wrote their interactions and that M did not come off as a spoiled brat, but a strong and determined, yet inexperienced, woman. Thank you for sharing your time and talents with us!
elwren75 chapter 21 . 5/10/2014
Beautiful.
elwren75 chapter 20 . 5/10/2014
I never really liked Henry, but euwww! Poor Julia. I 'm glad she has another option. Only the epilogue to go. I don't want it to end!
elwren75 chapter 18 . 5/10/2014
I am sobbing! How do you write so well!
elwren75 chapter 16 . 5/10/2014
Oh, Hannah, must you always stick your oar in? Why are YOU not helping? Great chapters! I continue to love this story.
elwren75 chapter 15 . 5/10/2014
You go, Margaret! Blood-letting was a terrible practice. I have never understood how it was thought to be healthful!
elwren75 chapter 10 . 5/10/2014