Reviews for A Time To Every Purpose
Elise Deschat chapter 3 . 6/13
This was a beautiful story...about half-way through the first chapter, I was ready for a hanky...

It stirred personal emotions as I went through many of the same thoughts with the death of my own father, just with one difference, maybe two...he never was lucid again, just trapped in his own mind and it was life and not fiction, there was no Ponderosa and I still had my mother.

I would have made on suggestion though, considering the "fear" that Ben had of dying (hard to believe because of his Faith), he would have been the perfect spot to have interjected the verse from Timothy "...he had run the good race..." instead of Joe telling him to let go...It would have provided a measure of comfort to Ben, due to his strong Faith in God and less guilt for Little Joe...it brough comfort to me and my mother when we selected it for my father's tombstone.

Another thought, is it coincidence that I read this story on my father's birthday...
Elbertina Roberts chapter 3 . 12/13/2012
I loved this sad story. At first I thought you were going to tell of Ben's point of view of how things appeared when he heard of Joe being shot and mulded by a wolf then you have Joe coming down the stairs and meeting him half-way? That surprised me to no end. Then come up with how Joe was loosing his battle with dealing with his pa's illness before he died. It was intense and very well written. Thank you.
wrangler chapter 3 . 10/13/2011
I wrote many Bonanza stories in my life, but haven't done it now for several years. Tonight I craved a good story to read, but most of the sites I had been on are gone. I lucked out when I found yours. The title drew me in, as I had written one called, "Every Purpose Unto Heaven", so I chose yours. Though it was painful at times, it was a wonderful tribute to the characters and the show. It also reminded me of the last time Michael visited Lorne in the hospital prior to his death. I cannot think of a better summation of that type of love than what you have crafted. Well done, thank you for sharing your God given talent! Sincerely, "Wrangler" aka Terri
wrangler chapter 3 . 10/13/2011
catgirl789 chapter 3 . 8/7/2011
That was too sad. ( I'm almost crying right now and I never get like this. I felt sad for Little Joe and Ben and Adam and Hoss... pretty much for everyone actually. This really made me depressed. Especially since I know that most of the actors are dead right now... I thought this was going to be a story about "My Brother's Keeper" from Ben's point of view when I started it, but it was so much worse than work on being able to drag the emotions out of me. You're a good author but a few minor typos sometimes dragged me out of the moment, but to err is human, and I probably mispelled some things myself in just this review so don't worry about it. It was a beautifully written tragedy and if you'll excuse me I have to go watch a cheerful episode of Bonanza to take away this feeling of being kicked in the gut. Maybe "The Customs of a Country"?
nevadagal chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
What a touching story, Maxie. I'm blinking back tears myself as I write this.
Tauna Petit-Strawn chapter 2 . 8/5/2011
:( Everyone goes sooner or later.
Tauna Petit-Strawn chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Watching any parent grow old like that is hard. I'm glad Little Joe is there for him.