Reviews for In The Beginning: Two
leyapearl chapter 11 . 8/15/2011
Nice ending. I liked the mirroring of the first chapter and the 'my kid.' Interesting bit of history with the midwives as well. I like how you wrapped it all up.
Bookworm41 chapter 11 . 8/12/2011
Great story.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 11 . 8/10/2011
That was a fantastic plot device you used-pretty much mirroring the exact same scene from chapter 1, only this time the Beatles are present. Deja vu, lol. It works. Good job and very lovely story!
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 10 . 8/10/2011
Nice chapter, poor Jeff, I hate getting the flu, but nothing like homemade soup. LOL, Maryann got Bogg working around the house! And I love Bogg's thought process at the end. With all the fics I've been reading and even the one I'm writing, we all have that same theme of Bogg and Jeff as family, deciding that no matter what they must stay together and help each other. It's very sweet.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 9 . 8/10/2011
Oh that gave me chills, Clement didn't die, he became a Voyager, and not just any Voyager, a tracker…don't you love that concept! And I like Bogg's thought at the end, he didn't want the responsibility at first, but now he has it.
leyapearl chapter 10 . 8/9/2011
Jeff can be too smart for his own good sometimes, but it's good that Bogg was able to reassure him. I really like how this story is progressing. It's interesting to read your take on how Bogg and Jeff became a family. And, yes, chicken soup is the healer of all things.
Bookworm41 chapter 9 . 8/9/2011
Love this one. I like how we got to see what was going on back at headquarters, and there thoughts. I also love how Bogg just relized that he needs Jeff. Great chapter.
leyapearl chapter 9 . 8/8/2011
Nice touch with Clement being Maryann's son. And I love Jeff's astonishment at the prices. Classic Jeffrey being intrigued by the food.
Bookworm41 chapter 8 . 8/8/2011
Wow I needed a tissue for that one. It was a great chapter, i love the swing part, and Bogg's reaction to Jeff's emotions seems right on tract to haw I believe he would have felt.
leyapearl chapter 8 . 8/8/2011
I'm having trouble keeping up. The peanut butter and banana sandwich had to appear, of course. I like how you show both Jeffrey's and Gladys' vulnerability. Poor Jeffrey on the swing. You do a great job of keeping his understanding at pace with his age in terms of what he gets and doesn't get of adult behavior. I also like the detail of his being bored in school. He would be.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 8 . 8/8/2011
Aww, such a sweet/sad chapter. I love the 'mushy' Bogg and Jeff moments, I really do. You write them so well. And I like how Bogg reasoned with Gladys, and the side story with Maryann too. Too bad little Elvis can't get the bike AND the guitar, hmm? Come on Bogg, dig into that pouch! LOL.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 7 . 8/8/2011
This makes me want what Elvis is eating! I never actually tried it. I think I shall, but not 2 sticks of butter! No wonder Jeffrey shivered. ;D And you are so right about NYC! I say that all the time, one block you're on park ave, the next is like skid row. It's odd. And I like Jeff's musings about Bogg. He is poor, nothing but the clothes on his back and the omni. But he's content. Ahh, figures Jeff would like the Hardy Boys! :D
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 6 . 8/8/2011
Oh Bogg-"I thought Elvis was a guy." He would say that, wouldn't he? haha. Elvis was the spit of his mother. AWW, Poor Gladys! Bogg really laid it on thick. I can just imagine how he feels inside, good descrip. of his inner thoughts with that one. Yeah, he probably has had to do a lot worse!
Bookworm41 chapter 7 . 8/8/2011
Excellent job on the last few chapters, I got behind reading and loved the catch up. The story is going great, i love how there relationship is growing. Can't wait for more.
Jake Crepeau chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
Geez, that was pretty much my reaction the first time I heard of peanut butter and banana sandwiches. It's an unknown treat up North, but an old classic in the South. On the other hand, peanut butter and bacon was an old favorite of mine for years, before I discovered I liked mayonnaise. ;D