Reviews for The Year I Turned Fourteen
GeeDee chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Man, it's been ages since I commented on one of your stories, sorry life got pretty busy. Just want you to know that I still have been reading them. I absolutely loved this story. Wish I had more to say but I don't. I loved every little thing about this story. You are so talented.
x-xTwisted Nightmarex-x chapter 25 . 9/2/2011
im glad everything is starting to come together ] i loved it great story ]
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 25 . 9/1/2011
Ah, a bright shining light at the end of it all :-)

It really was a sweet ending, something well deserved for the characters involved after such a tumultuous chain of events. Can't wait to see what you have in store for your next story.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 24 . 9/1/2011
I am so glad that Will didn't flip out and leave after knowing he had been lied to...I don't think my heart could have taken that, haha. I love what you managed to convey here. There's definitely a sense of fragility, but there's also a feeling that things are finally going in the right direction, and you handle it well.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 23 . 9/1/2011
I was wondering how you were going to bring everything out! Karen and Hannah's argument was so rich. Wasn't expecting drugs, although I can definitely see it, with the parallels to Karen's adolescence. And revealing Will at the very end was fantastic. So excited to read on.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 22 . 8/29/2011
You've definitely got me intrigued with Hannah skipping classes. I'm interested to see where you take that, as you've set it up pretty nicely for the situation to go in a number of possible directions. I also love how Karen tries to keep the peace here, but it could potentially come back to disrupt everything, like all the other secrets that are scattered throughout this story. I can't wait to see what comes next.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 21 . 8/29/2011
I love how this was a more quiet moment between Karen and Hannah that carried a lot of sweetness, but also a little tinge of uncertainty, especially with the wedding being brought up. You handle the balance very well and manage to make the scene heartwarming yet true to the characters. I love to see these moments when Hannah and Karen open up to each other, because you work on them beautifully while not deviating from the path you put these characters on.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 20 . 8/27/2011
I love the idea here that just because things with Hannah result in a little smoother sailing, it doesn't mean that everything's okay. Sometimes silence is the worst, and you really capitalized on that in a great way. It's going to come out eventually, and I can't wait to see what you do with it when it does.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 19 . 8/27/2011
I love to see the different ways that people play with Karen's adolescence, since we are given so little to go on in the show. I really love how you handled it here in the diary entry. It's unusual and completely enchanting. I also really liked how you incorporated Olivia into this chapter. She doesn't really show up a lot in stories like this, and I loved this chapter as a stepdaughter/daughter comparison for the reader.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 18 . 8/24/2011
I absolutely loved this. There was such an easygoing sense about it, and the falling star thing was a beautiful thing. And then that final sentence took it all away in that one breath. It was perfect. Of course, now I'm waiting for some kind of destruction lol.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 17 . 8/24/2011
I love how you incorporated Jack here. I feel like I've said this before, but it's very refreshing to see Jack portrayed as more than just a person who rarely takes things seriously, because we get this picture of him that is flamboyant and funny all the time, and there has to be a shift. You depicted that shift so well, and enhanced the picture of Karen's uncertainty in the process.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 16 . 8/22/2011
What I love about this chapter is the fact that even though you show changes that seem to be positive ones, you also highlight the constants in Karen's relationship with Hannah. Her conversation with Grace was a great tool for this. The contrast between Grace's relationship with Julia and Karen's with Hannah was handled incredibly well by not drawing too much attention to it until the end, but at the same time hinting at it all the way through.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 15 . 8/21/2011
"It must be why I miss Stanley at the end. I wasn't in love with him so things couldn't turn complicated."

You have no idea how much I love this line. It describes perfectly how their marriage is portrayed in the majority of the stories on this site, and there's a lot of strength in the simplicity.

Now that Hannah's diary has come into play in another way, it's definitely going to shake things up and I can't wait to see where you take it. And with the secrets that Karen's keeping from Will adding up, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 14 . 8/21/2011
The change in Hannah's attitude is compelling and completely realistic, especially given the chain of events. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this. I also love the fact that Karen chose not to tell Will about the kiss with Thomas, for nothing other than the fact that it could very likely come back and bite her on the ass later lol.
x-xTwisted Nightmarex-x chapter 13 . 8/19/2011
yay i glad they have started talking ] x