Reviews for Clear the Air
Smytheberry1726 chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
I used to be a college DJ. And i remember being on the phone with my boyfriend and I was trying to find a song and there was son dead air and I was cursing and forgot mix was on lol. Tho was adorable esp Rachel " I love you too...asshole" hahaha
CarmillaD chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Aw, how can you say that this story was bad? It was awesome! Puck as a DJ at college was something new, and I've always been addict to him being jealous of any guy who is too close to Rachel. The interaction both had with the audience was really amusing, and LOVED their making up. Hahaha, I bet that if that had happened on a radio off campus they would've asked them to make more programs together because the ratings were unbelievable. Great job!
Rainbowbrite006 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Such a good story. I liked it very much. :o)
not-so-innocent011 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
QueenNicky104 chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
I really liked this story! Are there going to be any other chapters to this? GOOD JOB!
sleeplessinrio chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
little miss michelle chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Awesome story. But poor puck for getting fired
polarpi chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
I think you did a fantastic job with this story...loved the fight trickling over as Rachel comes to confront him, seeing them talking things out, then making up...awesome job! :)
Shadowkitty22 chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
So first off, I've no clue how I did not get an email about this story but I was oh so pleasantly surprised to find it when searching for new stories to read. And before I go any further, I'm gonna go check that little subscribe to author box to prevent any such future mishaps.

There. Box sufficiently checked.

Secondly, I was totally not expecting you to take this the way you did with the fight and then make up sex. I of course knew it was meant to be on air but I wasn't expecting all of that loveliness before it. I know you say it's probably the worst thing you've ever written but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

You made him sound just like I would imagine a college radio dj to sound while still remaining true to Puck. I like all the little extra things that you add in that don't really pertain to the story but just flush everything out better. Like the comment about the door which led into him working out and then his craptacular day.

Only thing I found wrong was that you misspelled dreidel as dradel.

I think however that my favorite part (besides the smut obviously haha) would be:

It sucked because he wanted to blame her for bending down to lie against all the equipment, but instead figured it had happened when he was haphazardly trying to clear some space for her to rest.

And they say chivalry is dead.

The last line in particular. That just made me crack up.

Now the real question is, even though he got fired from his college radio station, does he still have that job offer with the rock station in the city after what happened? Haha

And please feel free to write that other prompt as well if you still feel like you haven't done this one justice. I won't complain!

boozy von chugaton chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Um what the hell is with low self esteem? This is SMOKING HOT! A guy can apologize to me all he wants if its like that lol

You're an amazing writer!
JannP chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I know you well enough to know that you won't believe me if I say this isn't not awful, but it's not. So get over that because if THIS is your low standard, you set the bar pretty high for the rest of us (bitch).

First off, I have to give credit where it's due because this prompt is hilarious. ShadowKitty22 will probably not see my review, but honestly. Genius. And I'm totally jealous of prompting ability because I have none.

Secondly, I'm just going to start in because there are several things I want to pull out. My overall favorite though is this characterization of them in a long-term relationship that is functional and has been basically for the duration. Of course they have their issues and ups and downs, but who doesn't?

Even though it's in the middle, I'm pulling out my absolute favorite first: ***"The fact that you consider Finn the love of my life breaks my heart." He heard her voice quiver and instead of punching a wall he wanted to punch himself. "But I refuse to be told who I can and cannot be friends with. I also refuse to believe you can be so barbaric as to demand such a thing." Rachel stared deeply across the room, pleading with her eyes. "I also refuse to give up as easily as you, so what do I have to do for you to know I love you?"

Puck inwardly cursed because she fucking did it again. If Broadway didn't work out (it totally was going to, but whatever) she should seriously consider being a lawyer. She already talked like a walking thesaurus and she had the emotional manipulation down to a science. Maybe she could combine her acting skills and her calling as an attorney and be on one of those Law and Order type shows. That would be sweet.

"Just tell me what to do and I'll do it."

Puck sprang toward her, taking two swift strides before crashing his lips against hers. Legit, he wanted to fuck her the second she came into the studio and she couldn't utter those words and him not have every single fantasy spin through his head like a damn dradle. He added a tight pinstriped pencil skirt and a form fitting blouse that was subtlety see-through to the attorney show idea and logged it into his spank bank for later. Right then he didn't have to rely on fantasy because the real thing was right in front of him, not just in arm's reach but in his arms.****

This is a huge chunk but yeah. It's such a Puck thing, to be railroaded, realize he's railroaded, comment snarkily AND turn it dirty and keep the image for later. His multi-tasking is probably why he's so good in bed. It's also why it would be so hard to fight with him-because he's utterly focused in every direction you could choose to go for your defense. And it says a lot about Rachel that she not only navigates through it but makes her point. She totally should be a lawyer. Are things like that genetic?

Okay, so now I'm going to back track and pull out the smaller things that I enjoyed. And this not-sucky story was full of things that made me laugh and made me appreciate the subtleties of your writing all over again.

One: ** And, legit, did everything have to be so shitty in his life that he couldn't even slam a fucking door? Like that needed to go wrong, too? Awesome.**

(I really, really fucking hate that. When I'm in the mood to slam a door, I'm in the mood to slam a door, Goddamnit. Seriously can relate to this. Just as a matter of detail: all the doors at my work are like this too.)

Two: ***It was bad enough he had gotten used to saying effin' to avoid the FCC, now he was a legit boy scout with some be prepared bullshit?***

The person I know who got tagged for this had to pay almost $15k. Probably different in a "show" radio format, but still. Steep fines and it totally does suck to restrain yourself. Again, I relate.

Three: **Before, in high school, the only thing Puck had been good at was football and fucking – fucking girls, fucking up his life, and fucking his friends over. **

Never thought of it this way but it's super true.

Four: ** If it hadn't been for his work schedule, he'd be shit-faced by now, but instead he was completely sober and desperately trying to get out of his own head.**

Being a grown up really effin sucks.

Five: **"Guys, call in if you wouldn'ta done the same damn thing. And keep in mind this friend isn't just some random ex but the effin' love of her life. Legit V-card thief and everything."**

Okay, it's funny that he's all game on about it, but really he's the one that introduces that element to it. I'm sure before he said guys call in the listeners were just staring because really, witnessing a fight like this is just AWKWARD.

Six: ** Rachel was a wonderful actress who could cry on cue, but she rarely showed much raw emotion outside of a performance. She'd dealt with enough bullying in school that she tried to hide her vulnerability and she hated to sound upset or, like just now, broken.**

Just like in a "real life" fight, you vacillate back and forth between how much you care about their partner and how much you hate to see them sad/hurt/angry, etc. and how much it sucks when they know how to play on that. Not that she isn't legitimately hurt, but here he's sympathetic and a few minutes later he thinks of it as manipulation as his anger recapitulates. It's very subtle and you're just amazing, okay?

Seven: **Rachel sighed dreamily, her eyes finally fluttering open and focusing on his as he pulled back slightly. "I love you, too." She paused for a nanosecond. "Asshole."***

BAHAHAHA! Seriously - I love shit like this. Just because you love someone doesn't make them a nice person, necessarily. And sometimes it's super satisfying to name call. I'm not saying it's totally mature, but it's organic and especially for them it's perfect.

Eight, Nine, Ten: ** Reluctantly, Puck pressed the first line. "Legit, how much was on air?"

Rachel and Puck both flinched at the piercing squeal of the guy who was on the line, gushing over how hot their encounter had been. Five other callers were equally impressed, Puck's reputation back and better than ever, middle name be damned.**

Sometimes there's nothing you can do but own up to it. Then count the # of times you said Fuck. Then just walk away because after that, there's nothing left to say. Haha!

Which is kind of my current situation, nothing left to say. Sorry this feedback looks more epic than it really is. But I really liked this story and I don't want to hear you talk badly about it anymore mmkay?
Kdmr87 chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
it was hot good and awesome!
Timetokill52256 chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
You are much too hard on yourself. I have definitely read worse stories and I really like the premise of it. Radio dj Puck is something I'd never thought about. I really liked it.
carrie4angel chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I know you said you had some issues with this story, but i really liked it. You seem to have such a good handle on these two characters, who they are and what they are trying to deal with in their lives.

It is always nice to read future fics where Noah has been able to leave Lima and become successful, and though clearly he still has emotional baggage I love that he has been in such a long term relationship with Rachel...Obviously Finn will always try and interfere but thankfully in this fic Rachel knows who she wants, and isn't afraid to go for it...

Loved the Puckleberry fluff as always, and the listeners response to it;) so even though Noah lost his job, he still has the girl so its not all that bad :)
Sidalee chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Bad? This? You are legit crazy. This was golden. Hot and funny. I have a huge crush on possessive!Puck and I love how Rachel calls him on his bullshit. Perfect!