Reviews for The Art of Teaching
Trevelyan67 chapter 15 . 12/14/2014
I found this story yesterday on a different website and had to see if it had more chapters on any other sites... Pleased to find 2 more chapters... But not pleased to see that there hasn't been an update this year... Please update soon :)
Jeffry Hernandez chapter 15 . 12/30/2013
Just amazng
rebelghost85 chapter 5 . 10/4/2013
This is getting really good. We see the main villain and discover that something else is afoot. I'm looking forward to more.
rebelghost85 chapter 3 . 10/3/2013
This is excellent. I regret that it is now getting late and I only have time for one more chapter before bed.
Tenor of Fandoms chapter 13 . 11/7/2012
No, you rock! :D
Jaff chapter 12 . 11/5/2012
Hey! Honestly, please continue this story! I've been waiting for updates for so long. This story is just sooo good. Honestly! Please!
Jay-Zeus chapter 12 . 7/21/2012
UPDATE PLZ!
Schermionie chapter 12 . 2/14/2012
Note: sorry for the &s. I was worried about space.

I'm not quite sure what to think of this story. I'm not usually into stories where HP characters run off to America, but lately I've been in the mood for stories with a more distinctive 'feel', stories set in locations & times I'm not used to, so I figured this was worth a try - &, much to my delight, it's delivered that & more. I really like the set-up of the schools, Peppertongue especially, & how you depict the issues of unequal funding. It feels very much American without being all that foreign, if that makes any sense. You've made the more ordinary school aspect of the story, as well as the darker side of it, interesting.

That darker side is why I'm a little divided. I don't usually go for NG war fics either because, well, the ones I have tried have disappointed me. But this one is intricately woven & obviously well thought-out, with dark magic quite different from what we see in the series & intelligence gatherings & Snape & ooh. I like the potions aspect, as it always seemed like an unexplored area in the series itself. The villains are easy to hate, yet they clearly have motivations & pressures of their own, and, largely with Scorpius but more generally as well, you've made morality the blurry thing it actually is, rather than the 'the world is divided into villains & good people' thing I often see. The mystery is maddening at times (whereas usually I'm rather laid-back & willing to wait for things), but not so maddening that I got annoyed & gave up. XD The pacing is /absolutely perfect/ in my opinion, which is something rare & brilliant. However, I must admit that I'm a complete wuss when it comes to unpleasant plots. I get attached to the characters & don't want them to suffer! Pathetic really, but I can't help it. Please don't make them suffer too much.

:( But who am I kidding, I know I can't influence that no matter what. :(

Since I've read every chapter & am reviewing & have plans to subscribe too, though, I think it's safe to say that I'll be reading more when more's up, despite my apprehension!

The biggest problems with this story lie in technicalities - there are a great many typos & mispellings, which is a shame. There are also occasional Americanisations, though I've ceased to really notice them & I know some people don't even consider them to be issues. Story-wise, /maybe/ development was slightly shaky at the start, but then again, I was quite right to mistrust Scorpius & it was a shaky situation. I can't remember anything else... this really is an excellent story.

I expect I could ramble on for paragraphs & paragraphs about how much I love your characterisations; I'm going to try not to because it seems a bit ridiculous really... & because it's difficult to know where to start. Some characters do need more development, but only the supporting ones. I think Albus is my favourite. He has his weaknesses & strengths &, understandably, wants to be his own person. He makes for an intriguing kind of Slytherin, as does Scorpius. Your OCs, too, are superb. I do love Matthew and Lucas especially, though Lucas's relationship with Belrose is of course worrisome.

Going back to perfect yet maddening pacing - the romance! I am enjoying it very, very much. This fic just has such a fresh feeling to it. It's not fast & it's not typical. It's not the focus, you show other aspects to the relationships... I don't even mind the two slash pairings, which I usually would, I suppose because it doesn't feel as if you've added the M/L just because you felt like it or for more of teh hotness. O_o The part where Albus sent those letters to his family is one of my favourites; his concern for his student was so selfless & sweet. And Harry's answer was spot-on. The best way is to show, not tell, in most things really.

Hmm... Well, if I had anything else to say, my memory has failed me again. I'm on my phone, so I can't even check back for favourite quotes & such. Maybe next time. There will be a next time, right? I very much hope so & that it's soon, though of course, I'll understand if it isn't.

In short, you're a skilled writer & your story has me more than a tiny bit hooked. Thank you for sharing your work!
l'Arbre chapter 12 . 2/12/2012
Love your story can't wait for them to get it on!
Adam-1D chapter 12 . 2/7/2012
Nice.
ClaireBouldwin chapter 11 . 1/24/2012
There are not many stories out there of this caliber, congratulations. I look forward to seeing the rest of your work.

However, next time you use the word "baring" as in "Scorpious paused to get his baring," it's spelled bearing and used as "bearings". Keep writing!
Adam-1D chapter 11 . 1/14/2012
Love it. Can't wait for the next one!
Tenor of Fandoms chapter 11 . 1/13/2012
Let me know when to expect Chapter 12! :)
Tenor of Fandoms chapter 10 . 1/12/2012
I'll get Chapter 11 back to you tonight.
Daytona44 chapter 10 . 1/12/2012
I'm so excited to see the plot developing! Can't wait to see how it all unfolds. And I secretly hope that Lucas will fall for Matthew because I think they are adorable together.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »