Reviews for Empowerment
chokingonyourhalo chapter 51 . 8/31/2012
Hi Coriander Tea,

I recently re-watched First Class so I started reading Magneto fanfics and your OC is one of the best I've read :) I've read quite a few Joker fanfics as well and this fic probably rates in my top 5 because it's just so well written. I love Joon-Yi's personalities and remarks make me laugh quite a bit. I don't often post reviews but I thought I would on this one because I like it so much! I hope you finish it off completely, soon.

yoontoong :)
Yellow chapter 51 . 8/12/2012
This is so well written. Can't wait to read the ending you have planned.
Yellow chapter 17 . 8/12/2012
This is sooooo good. Finally a well written OC that is not a Mary Sue. Not to mention her character is strong. I love her. She's really human. Also love the storyline. Keep it up! )
Heteroclite chapter 51 . 8/11/2012
Great story. Joon-Yi is the best OC i've stumbled across in a long time.
K.
November 5th chapter 51 . 7/28/2012
I am genuinely surprised that this story has not seen more traffic. Largely because it was enjoyable enough that I read through it in a single enraptured six hour block. As it was approximately 3am when I started, the sun has been up for a few hours now and I have gotten exactly no sleep. I'm not exactly in the presence of mind to comment more accurately on any one thing but to say it really is that good and yes, I really did enjoy it that much.

Oh! I may have missed your explanations if they were made in the ANs of previous chapters (I tend to avoid them when doing a first read through), but this was all very well researched and quoted and all of those things that make a story significantly above average. Bravo!
Guest chapter 51 . 7/12/2012
I just loved this chapter. I really appreciated your author's note at the end. It really expressed a lot of my frustrations.
Riverterra chapter 51 . 7/6/2012
I agree that female heroes are done wrong and that Hollywood shoehorns women into rolls. But my problem has never been about slash, because I see so many OC done wrong, male or female ones they can be done in such a way that they do not fit into the story. So I would rather someone change a straight character in to a gay one, just because I like that character already, and the character fits already. But you have written one of the few Original characters that I loved, I can think of all of two others that I truly liked for being original characters So I can't wait for more.
Kibblie chapter 51 . 7/6/2012
I love this story (and almost missed work because I was so into it ;)). Your OC is amazing! Can't wait for the next update!
ChicagoVictoria chapter 51 . 7/1/2012
You are a freaking fantastic writer. Seriously. I was looking around for Magneto/OC stories (I'm writing my own, so I figured I could use the inspiration) when I happened upon yours and just-wow. Ama-freaking-zing.
My favorite line is definitely the one in Enter Erik "I put more thought into what lipstick I was wearing tonight than you put into this plan!" (Something like that anyway.) I love the character of Joon-Yi (she's smart, sassy, and doesn't take crap from anyone) and your depiction of Erik is, I think, spot on. I do occasionally want to smack your version of Hank, though. ;)
Again, great job. Update soon!
ReaderOfNeatThings chapter 51 . 5/18/2012
I hope you don't find gushing tedious but I've withheld my opinion until getting caught up. This story absorbed me from the first paragraph. Your writing style is enjoyable, your plot is enthralling, Joon-Yi is unique (and super awesome), and your characterizations are (in my opinion) spot on. I'm very excited to see where you take this story from here, please update soon! -LAG;p
RandomerEatingTurtles chapter 51 . 5/17/2012
This has been on my favourite list for a while now and since then you haven't updated. At all. In the last chapter you mentioned that the end was in sight and went on a bit about what you would write afterward. I don't really care, though I do like Sherlock fics. Please update as it is getting stupid and I am about to give up on this story, which is a shame as it is as yet the best X-men fic I have read. Simply put-hurry it up.
Lady Shagging Godiva chapter 48 . 5/17/2012
I'm rereading your story! Don't remember if I reviewed, I'm almost certain I did. In any case reading this part about her warning President Kennedy's assassination makes me wonder if that's a good choice. Not because he was a total man whore (which is pretty gross) but because without his death would America have gone to the moon? It really brought the nation together to continue that goal. I wrote a paper in middle school about the importance of the Alamo and how without that tragedy Texas could very well have lost the war with Mexico so I try to look at the positives of specific tragedies. Martyrdom can be very important to a cause. But anyway I love your story and can't wait for an update.
Wolfgangsg9 chapter 51 . 5/8/2012
Excellent AU story. Can't wait to see what happens next. Please post again soon!
Ellyanah chapter 51 . 4/27/2012
Usually, I detest OCs. 90% of the time, they are Marie-Sue's, the rest are anti-Marie-Sue's and I'm not sure which is more annoying. However, every once in a very long while, I will find a well written OC that defies the odds and the story will be spectacular. This is definitively one of those times. Needless to say, I love this story and love the characterization of all the character (the only one that seems to sometimes be off key is Charles). I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter. And would be more than happy if the next fic on Sherlock. Can I put in a good would word for Mycroft? He is horrifyingly neglected and miscast in the fandom.
Lady Shagging Godiva chapter 51 . 4/16/2012
Just found your story, read it all the way through so I guess it's alright.

Kidding of course it's awesome. I love your character, she's amazing. It might seem meaningless coming from a white American female but there isn't enough...variety if you will when writing a woman. Reading an OC who is also an American white female gets tenacious after the first hundred. I love her differences and the strength she has from living with those differences. Volunteering at a pediatric orthopedic hospital has given me (I hope) a better understanding of the struggles a child goes through when they have the same disadvantages as Joon-Yi. I can't help think of people I know when I read your story about her depression, isolation, feelings of being powerless and it hits an emotional chord with me. I don't know how to describe it really, her pain is relatable without actually being relatable?

You are a very good writer and I hope you continue with this story.

Also, I should note that I really liked the diversion from the movie. By adding in Joon-Yi you've changed the dynamics into a new story. The worst OC's are when they're inserted into a story, take the funny lines and everything happens exactly the same with the added romance.
383 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »