Reviews for Empowerment
Trogmorten chapter 30 . 2/2/2013
The last sentence of this chapter is almost identical to what my grandfather told me before he died. He was a survivor too, and was encamped in Aushwitz. He was always so reluctant to tell me what had happend to him there, but he used to draw the things that happend there. I went to Aushwitz after he died, I saw the beautiful scenery and inside I wanted to die. I walked inside the crematorium , I have seen the remains of my people, the thousands of shoes, the tons of hair, their things, and the small things they had brought with them in the hope of settling in camp. I learned all the horrors that had happend there. I had even visited the building that my grandfather had stayed in.

For a moment it wasn't even Erik talking. I didn't cry now, I think my heart my be harder now. I know too much. But I can't help but think he is talking about it a tad casually. Like- it happend and I am out... It may be only me because I got to her a survivor's story every year of my life ax a part of my education. I know this is not get fault, but Joon Yi can't even start to understand what had happend there. I can't really tell you what is do bothering me.
deathgeonous chapter 51 . 1/26/2013
Huh, I was going over my favorites list and refound this fic. Your almost to the end, why not finish this? Well, thanks for writing what you did of it, and goodbye for now.
Chikitani chapter 3 . 11/21/2012
Er. Just saying... Love the story, but gotta note... writing English with Korean letters is really really easy, as despite their being "fourteen consonants and ten vowels", each consonant has to be paired with a vowel, resulting in a particular sound (phoneme?). As such, writing English in Korean is rather simple, and many people in Korea, who don't even know how to properly speak English (grammar, vocalization, etc), can write "romanization" of English words in Korean. For example 하이 would be pronounced exactly as "Hi", and so on and so forth. The only creative spelling that could go into writing English with Korean characters would be the sound for "e" as in "hey", as there are two letters that sound the same, but are written slightly differently (ㅐ and ㅔ). That said, what would be difficult to read and translate would be using the Korean IME for the Korean letters, and using that to write the English words, so "Hi" would be "gkdl" and that, since it's pretty much gibberish, would be difficult to translate :D
Shinkicker chapter 51 . 11/12/2012
Very cool story, hope to see more of it some day. It was definitely worth the read and Joon-yi is quite likeable.

Two things I would love to see though 1) joon-yi to create a plasma or energy storm from her energy field (unless I'm thinking of something else - I never took physics - hydrodynamic [propulsion] produces a lot of heat, and if she generated enough friction she could ignite the air around her). 2) Raven singing at a concert in her natural form. That or acting... She would quite easily be the most sought after actress in the world with her power.

Thanks for posting.
Bookaholic27 chapter 51 . 11/1/2012
I love both this story and Joon-Yi! The description for the fanfic couldn't be more correct. It's usually difficult to get me to read fanfics involving OC's as I feel they often are unessecary to the plot or are just not written very well. This was obviously and most certainly not the case with Joon-Yi. Your character-development of her was so intriguing and different from any character I have read about as of yet. I especially enjoyed how she was able to outwit Shaw and continuously make fun of him. I think the bucket comment alone was the highlight of my week! I've also enjoyed reading about the changes in both Erik and Raven, and can't wait to see how far the changes she has made to the past will go. Please update soon!
chokingonyourhalo chapter 51 . 8/31/2012
Hi Coriander Tea,

I recently re-watched First Class so I started reading Magneto fanfics and your OC is one of the best I've read :) I've read quite a few Joker fanfics as well and this fic probably rates in my top 5 because it's just so well written. I love Joon-Yi's personalities and remarks make me laugh quite a bit. I don't often post reviews but I thought I would on this one because I like it so much! I hope you finish it off completely, soon.

yoontoong :)
Yellow chapter 51 . 8/12/2012
This is so well written. Can't wait to read the ending you have planned.
Yellow chapter 17 . 8/12/2012
This is sooooo good. Finally a well written OC that is not a Mary Sue. Not to mention her character is strong. I love her. She's really human. Also love the storyline. Keep it up! )
Heteroclite chapter 51 . 8/11/2012
Great story. Joon-Yi is the best OC i've stumbled across in a long time.
K.
November 5th chapter 51 . 7/28/2012
I am genuinely surprised that this story has not seen more traffic. Largely because it was enjoyable enough that I read through it in a single enraptured six hour block. As it was approximately 3am when I started, the sun has been up for a few hours now and I have gotten exactly no sleep. I'm not exactly in the presence of mind to comment more accurately on any one thing but to say it really is that good and yes, I really did enjoy it that much.

Oh! I may have missed your explanations if they were made in the ANs of previous chapters (I tend to avoid them when doing a first read through), but this was all very well researched and quoted and all of those things that make a story significantly above average. Bravo!
Guest chapter 51 . 7/12/2012
I just loved this chapter. I really appreciated your author's note at the end. It really expressed a lot of my frustrations.
Riverterra chapter 51 . 7/6/2012
I agree that female heroes are done wrong and that Hollywood shoehorns women into rolls. But my problem has never been about slash, because I see so many OC done wrong, male or female ones they can be done in such a way that they do not fit into the story. So I would rather someone change a straight character in to a gay one, just because I like that character already, and the character fits already. But you have written one of the few Original characters that I loved, I can think of all of two others that I truly liked for being original characters So I can't wait for more.
Kibblie chapter 51 . 7/6/2012
I love this story (and almost missed work because I was so into it ;)). Your OC is amazing! Can't wait for the next update!
ChicagoVictoria chapter 51 . 7/1/2012
You are a freaking fantastic writer. Seriously. I was looking around for Magneto/OC stories (I'm writing my own, so I figured I could use the inspiration) when I happened upon yours and just-wow. Ama-freaking-zing.
My favorite line is definitely the one in Enter Erik "I put more thought into what lipstick I was wearing tonight than you put into this plan!" (Something like that anyway.) I love the character of Joon-Yi (she's smart, sassy, and doesn't take crap from anyone) and your depiction of Erik is, I think, spot on. I do occasionally want to smack your version of Hank, though. ;)
Again, great job. Update soon!
ReaderOfNeatThings chapter 51 . 5/18/2012
I hope you don't find gushing tedious but I've withheld my opinion until getting caught up. This story absorbed me from the first paragraph. Your writing style is enjoyable, your plot is enthralling, Joon-Yi is unique (and super awesome), and your characterizations are (in my opinion) spot on. I'm very excited to see where you take this story from here, please update soon! -LAG;p
388 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »