Reviews for In His Stead
IceAngel7 chapter 24 . 6/18
Thanks to the reader who pointed out the technical issue with Chapter 24 - all fixed. Happy you're enjoying the story :)
technical issue chapter 24 . 6/18
hey, I'm loving your story so far.
If you're still around to read this review, would you please check chapter 24? There's a technical issue as half the text here is in web code.
Hannah Lynn chapter 55 . 6/16/2015
*clapping* Bravo! Oh, bravo. *curtsies* I regret that I did not have time to review all of the chapters, for each was wonderfully written and pulled me into each new chapter and scene. Several times, I was very worried about the character's fates, but you handled it wonderfully. Thank you so much for writing and posting this, and I pray that I shall find it again.
Hannah Lynn chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
I will trust that - quality notwithstanding - your plot is well woven, and I will read through. You intrigue me here!
tigersmeleth chapter 55 . 1/20/2015
Wow. I think I read exactly what Tolkien would have written if he sent Faramir instead. Bravo!
earthdragon chapter 37 . 12/6/2014
This is really good, so far. However, could I point out that "venerable" means old. The word you are looking for is VULNERABLE.
earthdragon chapter 2 . 12/6/2014
So far, so good - although you haven't explained why Legolas was so unpleasant towards Faramir. Faramir only knocked Legolas over accidentally and he did apologise instantly. There was no need for Legolas to be so off-hand with him and it is very OOC for him, considering his easy going temperament. You have also jumped several time frames in the story - such as when each of them volunteered for the Fellowship. I would have thought you would have shown Faramir's first reaction to The Ring; how different was it to Boromir's? Surely that is the whole point of having Faramir in the Fellowship, rather than his brother?
Wow chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
You finished it finally! I spent years checking it, waiting on updates, forgot about it til a few days ago. Thank you! I look forward to reading the rest, I think I made it to Chapter 22, but will start from the beginning. Again, thank you!
TMI Fairy chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Thank you for the warning about quality. I'll skip to chapter 15/
Faramir not knowing Sindarin almost made me drop the fic.
Borys
distancerunner7 chapter 4 . 7/15/2013
Interesting but check your facts Legolas should not have any problem with caves considering his father's palace is underground.
Claire chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
This is one of my favourite stories! Thank you for completing such a great story:)
Say-theLastWord chapter 55 . 1/3/2013
Really great story; wonderful alternative to the actual canon of what happened. All the character roles were well-balanced, if Frodo and Sam having little part, but I feel as though that was intentional. I really liked the way you wrote the final "battle" as through trickery rather than the all-out war that was in the books and movies. You say in the first fifteen chapters that you spent a long time writing this, and that time was not wasted. You must have improved your writing through this, and the end result is an excellent read. Looking forward to what you'll bring next!
SilverSteamWolf chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
I wondered what would happen if Faramir went to Rivendell instead of Boromir. This was really interesting, and I enjoyed reading it. Good work :)
anaticulapraecantrix chapter 55 . 7/15/2012
Very nice ending. I am glad you came back to this story. It was well worth the wait. :)
anaticulapraecantrix chapter 54 . 7/15/2012
Aww so many good scenes in this chapter. I can't believe it's coming to an end.