Reviews for In His Stead
Wow chapter 1 . 4/19
You finished it finally! I spent years checking it, waiting on updates, forgot about it til a few days ago. Thank you! I look forward to reading the rest, I think I made it to Chapter 22, but will start from the beginning. Again, thank you!
Borys68 chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Thank you for the warning about quality. I'll skip to chapter 15/
Faramir not knowing Sindarin almost made me drop the fic.
Borys
distancerunner7 chapter 4 . 7/15/2013
Interesting but check your facts Legolas should not have any problem with caves considering his father's palace is underground.
Claire chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
This is one of my favourite stories! Thank you for completing such a great story:)
Say-theLastWord chapter 55 . 1/3/2013
Really great story; wonderful alternative to the actual canon of what happened. All the character roles were well-balanced, if Frodo and Sam having little part, but I feel as though that was intentional. I really liked the way you wrote the final "battle" as through trickery rather than the all-out war that was in the books and movies. You say in the first fifteen chapters that you spent a long time writing this, and that time was not wasted. You must have improved your writing through this, and the end result is an excellent read. Looking forward to what you'll bring next!
HalfCelticHalfWolf chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
I wondered what would happen if Faramir went to Rivendell instead of Boromir. This was really interesting, and I enjoyed reading it. Good work :)
anaticulapraecantrix chapter 55 . 7/15/2012
Very nice ending. I am glad you came back to this story. It was well worth the wait. :)
anaticulapraecantrix chapter 54 . 7/15/2012
Aww so many good scenes in this chapter. I can't believe it's coming to an end.
anaticulapraecantrix chapter 53 . 7/15/2012
Got a little behind in my reading. Time to catch up. Eeep!
Guest chapter 55 . 7/15/2012
An original story, with an alternative plot to Tolkien's, but it is an extraordinary alternate. This is an outstanding story, and the skill in which you include both the original and new elements into the story is phenomenal. The best Faramir-went-to-Rivendell/Imladris-and-not-Boromir story on any fanfiction website. I love that you did not let Boromir die. He should have a happy ending!
gginsc chapter 55 . 7/11/2012
Great story! I am so pleased that everyone I care about survives (except for Theoden).
acacia59601 chapter 55 . 7/10/2012
Wonderful chapter and wonderful story! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!
blueoctober chapter 55 . 7/10/2012
Loved your story from start to end. It is truly wonderfully written. Thank you so much for sharing it and completing it. Really loved Faramir's comment to Eomer about sending the hobbits to Rohan once Gondor's harvest has been depleted and stores empty. Also really liked Faramir being clueless to what Eowyn was trying to tell him. Her mistaking Boromir for Faramir at first was great. Boromir getting both Faramir and Eowyn to help him with his duties was priceless. But have to say, the last scene was my favorite part. Am really glad Legolas will be in Ithilien. Can't believe this is the last chapter! A little bit of warning would have bee nice... :P Can't wait for you to post the next chapter to your new story. Keep up the great work and take care.
Guest chapter 54 . 7/5/2012
hi when are you planning on continuing the story?
blueoctober chapter 54 . 6/22/2012
Loved the chapter! Really liked Boromir waiting for Faramir to wake up and his comment about not liking paperwork. Merry and Pippin were perfect. They had one breakfast but wanted their second one! LOL. Also really liked Boromir agreeing to let Aragorn rule if Faramir shared the burden of the paperwork. Hope Boromir realizes soon that Faramir is the only one for Eowyn. Absolutely loved Faramir still having the queen chess piece!