Reviews for Black Vengeance
V. L. Crawford chapter 3 . 2/5
I loved this story.
Avana92 chapter 3 . 1/12
I absolutely loved it! I actually read this years ago, and spend quite a bit of time finding it again, but definitely worth the time. My only real complaint is your spelling of DMLE, it almost makes my eye tick, but ahh well that's survivable :)
sbmcneil chapter 3 . 1/10
Fun story! Loved the revenge and Remus certainly deserved it. My only nit pick is calling Sirius Harry's stepfather - he's his father. I don't refer to my son as my adopted son, he's my son. Other than that great story!
grayceg chapter 3 . 1/5
Fiordineve chapter 3 . 12/3/2015
Me again. Sorry for my mistakes, English is not my mother tongue... I think "canon-Remus didn't seem to be neither close to Sirius nor understanding" is wrong. I should have written "canon-Remus seemed to be neither close to Sirius nor understanding", shouldn't I? Anyway, my point is that Remus didn't seem so friendly around Sirius and was sometimes even a bit bossy...
Eosneve chapter 3 . 12/3/2015
I love this: I've already read it thrice. I prefer read it when I'm bitter myself, but it's alwasy good.
It's an AU, but this is the way it should have been, in my opinion. A bit of darkness is always good and canon-Sirius is too weak and forgiving. I like your version better. I've always seen Sirius as Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo), so it's only right he manages to express his resentment and bitterness. And he's a Black: the Blacks are dark, powerful, rich, sly... I'm sure Sirius chose to be a Gryffindor, but would have been able to be a Black too. Moreover, he was the Black heir.
The authors ususally forget he's a deep character, not only a prankster and this is annoying.
I agree with Sirius: the Marauders should have been only two. I know they probably would have never been Animagi without Remus (anyway, who knows?), but he and Peter really bother me, so I'm glad you've written this story. I can't understand why everyone else likes Lupin... Maybe you like Remus, too, and portrayed him in this way only for the sake of this AU, but yet... I mean, canon-Remus didn't seem to be neither close to Sirius nor understanding.
Of course, I agree with your characterization of all the other characters (most of all Dumbledore and Snape). But I like you portrayed Neville and Luna the way you did: I really like them and they are good.
I'm obviously pleased with this story because you gave a better life to Sirius and Harry: they both deserved it. Sirius-and-Harry-centric stories are my favourite ones! I also like that Sirius's love for Harry supplemented the boy's protection, starting to killing the Horcrux: nice touch!
And of course I adore the way Sirius deal with Voldemort!
What else?

Thank you for sharing this with us!
misteryman526 chapter 2 . 11/27/2015
Some people seem to feel that Remus Lupin was poorly treated in this story, and didn't deserve Sirius' anger. I would remind them that, in canon, Lupin fully intended to abandon HIS PREGNANT WIFE and only stayed with her because of Harry telling him off. He's clearly NOT a person of good, moral character.
CoolFanfictionLover chapter 3 . 9/20/2015
WOW totally loved this story so realastic and real
well thought
making voldie as genie is new one
hehe voldie got he is wish he is immortal
please do write more
loved it
bye sumi
1991Kira chapter 3 . 8/11/2015
This fic is easily one of the most realistic Vengeful!Sirius fanfics out there. I completely agree with your premise that canon Sirius should've been a much more bitter man than he is shown to be.

Now onto the story elements: you've done a excellent job with all the characters. I like that unlike other revenge fics, you've not shown Dumbledore & Co as a bunch of evil, manipulative scumbags. Showing a bunch of characters as evil and then having your protagonist take satisfying vengeance upon them is easy. But writing characters with shades of grey is much more difficult.

In a way, every single character is this a different shade of grey. Sirius is a good man who's forced to show his more ruthless side to deal with a world which he believes has failed him and his godson. And Dumbledore can harp about being forgetful and making mistakes as much as he wants, when it comes to Harry he really has made one mistake too many. While he may not have had malicious intentions, the fact remains that there is absolutely nothing he has done for Harry that he can be proud of.

As for Remus and Snape, I fully agree with how you chose to deal with them. After everything James did for Remus, his actions towards his only son are less than acceptable. And I don't care how much people harp on Snape's 'love' (or obsession) with Lily, he's a bitter and malicious man who doesn't think anything about tormenting the very boy who was orphaned because of his actions. He deserves everything he got.

And as for innocent werewolves getting caught up in Sirius' schemes, it's an unfortunate part of reality that there is always some kind of collateral damage in a war. Even Dumbledore's schemes in canon were responsible for the destruction of many families, something even he admits to in OOTP.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
You make good points about the similarities between Sirius' and Azkaban!Harry's situations. I, myself, have thought about the incongruity of the way Azkaban!Harry thinks about his time in Azkaban, and his actions afterwards, versus Sirius' time there, etc.

I was pretty antsy for a while there as you kept the situations of book 3 the same while providing your alternate interpretation of events. If Pettigrew had gotten away during the full moon I would have been very disappointed, and would have been forced to give you a fanon Dumbledore grave face to show you just how much disappointment you caused me.

Cheering charm, eh? I've seen reasons from the canon hysterics to confundus to concussion from flying or falling debris, but I don't think I've encountered a cheering charm being the reason for Sirius' "insane" laughter. I think it gives Peter too much credit, though.

-The next paragraph is about fanfics in general, mostly not applying to this one.

Peter's character is often written inconsistently without due rationale. If he was able to come up with such a plan, whether moments before or throughout the day, as he was scurrying from Sirius' wrath -and he was able to make the plan work, even if he was the least talented Marauder, he had to have some skill or absorbed some cunning through osmosis from the other Marauders at some point. The Marauders can even view him as having no skills After he betrays them. But for him to be portrayed that way pre-betrayal, without changing the fact that he gets one up over on Sirius post-betrayal, doesn't make Sirius seem all that skilled or intelligent or either of the other too for that matter, for him to get away with hiding his betrayal.

This review is getting too long so I'll just say: I liked the start, and hope the ending will match up to my expectations.
amsev chapter 3 . 7/9/2015
Awesome story! Thank you for writing an angry, conniving, INTELLIGENT Sirius Black. So many Sirius stories are prank after prank after prank that I simply stop reading.
777angeloflove chapter 3 . 7/7/2015
Ana chapter 3 . 6/23/2015
Wow that was amazing ... just awsome loved it all! thanks for writing this!
thonez chapter 1 . 5/14/2015
Good writing. However I don't enjoy it much as its too tragic. You need to make enemies evil to make vengeance enjoyable. He attacks misguided fools that feels empty. There isn't much revenge screen time, just werewolf legislation which is silly. Also Hermione acting OOC without reason doesn't help.
Navn Ukjent chapter 3 . 4/30/2015
Nice and somewhat dark story.
373 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »