Reviews for Black Vengeance
Hell's Angel-Heaven's Demon chapter 3 . 5/20/2016
This story is amazing! I loved your Sirius! Such a great plot and character :)

Thanks for writing it!
Hells
purpleradiance chapter 2 . 4/28/2016
Nice fic especially the first chapter.
Kris chapter 3 . 4/25/2016
I appreciate the long chapters. :)
Guest chapter 3 . 4/3/2016
A satisfying story. It seems that in canon Sirius' ability to think was greatly damaged by the dementors. Why would he support Dumbledore after what he did to him?

Most of the points against Remus apply to this story as well as to canon. In addition, Remus claims to have destroyed the package that contained the Wolfsbane because because he smelt food?
And in third year, he was excited because he saw Pettigrew. Ok, lets assume we believe that. Then comes Snape and reminds him that he didn't take his Wolfsbane, and he forgets again? Of course, the others also don't notice, but their life doesn't revolve around the full moon.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/3/2016
While you hint at Dumbledore being responsible for Sirius in Azkaban, it should be noted that Dumbledore had decided to place Harry with the Durselys before he sent Hagrid to get him.
It is even suspicious how he knew that the parents were dead (because otherwise why place Harry with the Dursleys) and that Harry survived (because otherwise why get him).
Sirius, as Harry's designated guardian, would not have allowed Harry to go to the Dursleys, therefor he would have been an obstacle to Dumbledore's plan. So Dumbledore had motive, and as Head of the Wizengamot and with a lot of informal influence, the means to see Sirius in prison.
Dumbledore's explanation of busy times isn't plausible. Even if everybody was drunk for a few weeks, that is no reason to postpone the trial for ten years. It also wasn't a common occurrence. The actual Death Eaters either got a trial or got a chance to bribe their way out before a trial. The trial Lestanges was also around the same trial as Sirius was captured.
Finally, even if everybody was so sure that Sirius was guilty, it would have been prudent to question him for other known Death Eaters. As Karkaroff was questioned, and even got of free in exchange for information, that was not an alien concept at that time.

So in conclusion, it is highly likely that Dumbledore made sure that Sirius had no trial so that he would not interfere with Dumbledore's plans.
Margaret Luna Sullivan chapter 2 . 4/2/2016
Fantastic story. It's actually disappointing to me that only one person recognised what I found was a fairly obvious reference to Enid Blyton's Famous Five series. The island is Kirrin Island, naturally. Tonks is George. And...a transformed Sirius could be Timmy.

Interestingly-worryingly-a lot of reviewers are angry about Harry's "caning". They must be bender than I am! (Which is seriously saying something, as I'm eligible -allegedly-for a guide dog) they obviously missed the bit where Sirius reverses his transfiguration, turning the ruler back into a ruler. Otherwise I'd agree with them-20 cane strokes is WAY too many. But 20 with a ruler is pretty average.
Elton chapter 3 . 3/18/2016
Excellent story. Very creative. I did not Forsee ANY of this.
Warlock chapter 3 . 3/3/2016
That story though! This is a very unique, concise, approach to the "Sirius is exonerated" scenario. I don't think I've read one where Lupin is treated like this, and it's completely fitting with the simple insert of the package. That little sentence made the whole thing plausible. Great read. I love revenge fics and Sirius is awesome in his defense and support of Harry. Great short read
V. L. Crawford chapter 3 . 2/5/2016
I loved this story.
Avana92 chapter 3 . 1/12/2016
I absolutely loved it! I actually read this years ago, and spend quite a bit of time finding it again, but definitely worth the time. My only real complaint is your spelling of DMLE, it almost makes my eye tick, but ahh well that's survivable :)
sbmcneil chapter 3 . 1/10/2016
Fun story! Loved the revenge and Remus certainly deserved it. My only nit pick is calling Sirius Harry's stepfather - he's his father. I don't refer to my son as my adopted son, he's my son. Other than that great story!
grayceg chapter 3 . 1/5/2016
wonderful!
Fiordineve chapter 3 . 12/3/2015
Me again. Sorry for my mistakes, English is not my mother tongue... I think "canon-Remus didn't seem to be neither close to Sirius nor understanding" is wrong. I should have written "canon-Remus seemed to be neither close to Sirius nor understanding", shouldn't I? Anyway, my point is that Remus didn't seem so friendly around Sirius and was sometimes even a bit bossy...
Eosneve chapter 3 . 12/3/2015
I love this: I've already read it thrice. I prefer read it when I'm bitter myself, but it's alwasy good.
It's an AU, but this is the way it should have been, in my opinion. A bit of darkness is always good and canon-Sirius is too weak and forgiving. I like your version better. I've always seen Sirius as Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo), so it's only right he manages to express his resentment and bitterness. And he's a Black: the Blacks are dark, powerful, rich, sly... I'm sure Sirius chose to be a Gryffindor, but would have been able to be a Black too. Moreover, he was the Black heir.
The authors ususally forget he's a deep character, not only a prankster and this is annoying.
I agree with Sirius: the Marauders should have been only two. I know they probably would have never been Animagi without Remus (anyway, who knows?), but he and Peter really bother me, so I'm glad you've written this story. I can't understand why everyone else likes Lupin... Maybe you like Remus, too, and portrayed him in this way only for the sake of this AU, but yet... I mean, canon-Remus didn't seem to be neither close to Sirius nor understanding.
Of course, I agree with your characterization of all the other characters (most of all Dumbledore and Snape). But I like you portrayed Neville and Luna the way you did: I really like them and they are good.
I'm obviously pleased with this story because you gave a better life to Sirius and Harry: they both deserved it. Sirius-and-Harry-centric stories are my favourite ones! I also like that Sirius's love for Harry supplemented the boy's protection, starting to killing the Horcrux: nice touch!
And of course I adore the way Sirius deal with Voldemort!
What else?

Thank you for sharing this with us!
misteryman526 chapter 2 . 11/27/2015
Some people seem to feel that Remus Lupin was poorly treated in this story, and didn't deserve Sirius' anger. I would remind them that, in canon, Lupin fully intended to abandon HIS PREGNANT WIFE and only stayed with her because of Harry telling him off. He's clearly NOT a person of good, moral character.
396 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »