Reviews for Black Vengeance
jon reeve chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
You make good points about the similarities between Sirius' and Azkaban!Harry's situations. I, myself, have thought about the incongruity of the way Azkaban!Harry thinks about his time in Azkaban, and his actions afterwards, versus Sirius' time there, etc.

I was pretty antsy for a while there as you kept the situations of book 3 the same while providing your alternate interpretation of events. If Pettigrew had gotten away during the full moon I would have been very disappointed, and would have been forced to give you a fanon Dumbledore grave face to show you just how much disappointment you caused me.

Cheering charm, eh? I've seen reasons from the canon hysterics to confundus to concussion from flying or falling debris, but I don't think I've encountered a cheering charm being the reason for Sirius' "insane" laughter. I think it gives Peter too much credit, though.

-The next paragraph is about fanfics in general, mostly not applying to this one.

Peter's character is often written inconsistently without due rationale. If he was able to come up with such a plan, whether moments before or throughout the day, as he was scurrying from Sirius' wrath -and he was able to make the plan work, even if he was the least talented Marauder, he had to have some skill or absorbed some cunning through osmosis from the other Marauders at some point. The Marauders can even view him as having no skills After he betrays them. But for him to be portrayed that way pre-betrayal, without changing the fact that he gets one up over on Sirius post-betrayal, doesn't make Sirius seem all that skilled or intelligent or either of the other too for that matter, for him to get away with hiding his betrayal.

This review is getting too long so I'll just say: I liked the start, and hope the ending will match up to my expectations.
amsev chapter 3 . 7/9/2015
Awesome story! Thank you for writing an angry, conniving, INTELLIGENT Sirius Black. So many Sirius stories are prank after prank after prank that I simply stop reading.
777angeloflove chapter 3 . 7/7/2015
awesome~!
Ana chapter 3 . 6/23/2015
Wow that was amazing ... just awsome loved it all! thanks for writing this!
thonez chapter 1 . 5/14/2015
Good writing. However I don't enjoy it much as its too tragic. You need to make enemies evil to make vengeance enjoyable. He attacks misguided fools that feels empty. There isn't much revenge screen time, just werewolf legislation which is silly. Also Hermione acting OOC without reason doesn't help.
Navn Ukjent chapter 3 . 4/30/2015
Nice and somewhat dark story.
Evan Christensen chapter 3 . 4/29/2015
I wish more authors on FF were like you and remembered that NOWHERE in the books does it say that wizards and witches wear clothes underneath their robes. Not even the Hogwarts letter says anything about clothes or uniforms. So thank you for that. Though I wish Draco would have worn something... poor student having to see his pale ass.
Mark adams chapter 3 . 3/29/2015
I really enjoyed it. I think that as much as we all love Harry potter and related character we forget that it was written for children because in real life I would not forgive the man that let me rot in prison and caused my godson to be abused.. Well done excellent story.. I like the aspect of once you have part of a soul you can control or cast at other parts...
corwyn chapter 3 . 2/16/2015
thank you for sharing this story. I greatly enjoyed it!
Twitch101 chapter 3 . 2/8/2015
How deliciously cunning Sirius is! I always thought his ancestry went to waste in the books. Love his attitude and care for Harry.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/6/2015
It started out interesting but the second and third chapters lost their way.
MarilynT chapter 3 . 2/3/2015
Loved the story. Thank you for writing and providing great entertainment.
farronewp chapter 1 . 1/12/2015
Love the story.
Also I read your Mpreg rant thingy on your profile, and I can't help but put forward the possibility of being a hermaphrodite.
(The above sentence looks sort of awkward when I read it and sounds a bit awkward when I say it out loud but for the life of me I just can't seem to figure out what exactly is wrong with it.)
bdet chapter 3 . 12/23/2014
that was kind of fantastic! keep writing!
ryencoke chapter 1 . 12/3/2014
Very nice. Only one thing I would really consider a criticism. I would say probably 99% of HP fanfic will recognize DMLE written in this form, while the form you chose De Em El Ee is very uncommon and definitely interrupts the flow of the story while the reader tries to figure out what you have written.

Other than that minor flaw, the story is very interesting and well written. My personal favourite parts were Sirius eating the sandwich. To me that just really was so realistic despite the circumstances. Really well done and I just had to smile a bit despite it not really being a humorous part of the story.

The second favourite part was during the movement of Peter from the shack to the castle. Again, probably not really meant to be humorous but still made me smile. It also really brings home the fact that at one point Sirius was an auror, and a damn good one, in terrible times.

Your portrayal of Sirius is quite different from most fanfics where he is kind of weak and a bit nuts and plays the fool. I like your Sirius very much and it is so refreshing to see this characterization of the battle hardened auror wrongly convicted.
379 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »