Reviews for Black Vengeance
CoolFanfictionLover chapter 3 . 9/20/2015
WOW totally loved this story so realastic and real
well thought
making voldie as genie is new one
hehe voldie got he is wish he is immortal
please do write more
loved it
bye sumi
1991Kira chapter 3 . 8/11/2015
This fic is easily one of the most realistic Vengeful!Sirius fanfics out there. I completely agree with your premise that canon Sirius should've been a much more bitter man than he is shown to be.

Now onto the story elements: you've done a excellent job with all the characters. I like that unlike other revenge fics, you've not shown Dumbledore & Co as a bunch of evil, manipulative scumbags. Showing a bunch of characters as evil and then having your protagonist take satisfying vengeance upon them is easy. But writing characters with shades of grey is much more difficult.

In a way, every single character is this a different shade of grey. Sirius is a good man who's forced to show his more ruthless side to deal with a world which he believes has failed him and his godson. And Dumbledore can harp about being forgetful and making mistakes as much as he wants, when it comes to Harry he really has made one mistake too many. While he may not have had malicious intentions, the fact remains that there is absolutely nothing he has done for Harry that he can be proud of.

As for Remus and Snape, I fully agree with how you chose to deal with them. After everything James did for Remus, his actions towards his only son are less than acceptable. And I don't care how much people harp on Snape's 'love' (or obsession) with Lily, he's a bitter and malicious man who doesn't think anything about tormenting the very boy who was orphaned because of his actions. He deserves everything he got.

And as for innocent werewolves getting caught up in Sirius' schemes, it's an unfortunate part of reality that there is always some kind of collateral damage in a war. Even Dumbledore's schemes in canon were responsible for the destruction of many families, something even he admits to in OOTP.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
You make good points about the similarities between Sirius' and Azkaban!Harry's situations. I, myself, have thought about the incongruity of the way Azkaban!Harry thinks about his time in Azkaban, and his actions afterwards, versus Sirius' time there, etc.

I was pretty antsy for a while there as you kept the situations of book 3 the same while providing your alternate interpretation of events. If Pettigrew had gotten away during the full moon I would have been very disappointed, and would have been forced to give you a fanon Dumbledore grave face to show you just how much disappointment you caused me.

Cheering charm, eh? I've seen reasons from the canon hysterics to confundus to concussion from flying or falling debris, but I don't think I've encountered a cheering charm being the reason for Sirius' "insane" laughter. I think it gives Peter too much credit, though.

-The next paragraph is about fanfics in general, mostly not applying to this one.

Peter's character is often written inconsistently without due rationale. If he was able to come up with such a plan, whether moments before or throughout the day, as he was scurrying from Sirius' wrath -and he was able to make the plan work, even if he was the least talented Marauder, he had to have some skill or absorbed some cunning through osmosis from the other Marauders at some point. The Marauders can even view him as having no skills After he betrays them. But for him to be portrayed that way pre-betrayal, without changing the fact that he gets one up over on Sirius post-betrayal, doesn't make Sirius seem all that skilled or intelligent or either of the other too for that matter, for him to get away with hiding his betrayal.

This review is getting too long so I'll just say: I liked the start, and hope the ending will match up to my expectations.
amsev chapter 3 . 7/9/2015
Awesome story! Thank you for writing an angry, conniving, INTELLIGENT Sirius Black. So many Sirius stories are prank after prank after prank that I simply stop reading.
777angeloflove chapter 3 . 7/7/2015
awesome~!
Ana chapter 3 . 6/23/2015
Wow that was amazing ... just awsome loved it all! thanks for writing this!
thonez chapter 1 . 5/14/2015
Good writing. However I don't enjoy it much as its too tragic. You need to make enemies evil to make vengeance enjoyable. He attacks misguided fools that feels empty. There isn't much revenge screen time, just werewolf legislation which is silly. Also Hermione acting OOC without reason doesn't help.
Navn Ukjent chapter 3 . 4/30/2015
Nice and somewhat dark story.
Asher Jayden chapter 3 . 4/29/2015
I wish more authors on FF were like you and remembered that NOWHERE in the books does it say that wizards and witches wear clothes underneath their robes. Not even the Hogwarts letter says anything about clothes or uniforms. So thank you for that. Though I wish Draco would have worn something... poor student having to see his pale ass.
Mark adams chapter 3 . 3/29/2015
I really enjoyed it. I think that as much as we all love Harry potter and related character we forget that it was written for children because in real life I would not forgive the man that let me rot in prison and caused my godson to be abused.. Well done excellent story.. I like the aspect of once you have part of a soul you can control or cast at other parts...
corwyn chapter 3 . 2/16/2015
thank you for sharing this story. I greatly enjoyed it!
Twitch101 chapter 3 . 2/8/2015
How deliciously cunning Sirius is! I always thought his ancestry went to waste in the books. Love his attitude and care for Harry.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/6/2015
It started out interesting but the second and third chapters lost their way.
MarilynT chapter 3 . 2/3/2015
Loved the story. Thank you for writing and providing great entertainment.
farronewp chapter 1 . 1/12/2015
Love the story.
Also I read your Mpreg rant thingy on your profile, and I can't help but put forward the possibility of being a hermaphrodite.
(The above sentence looks sort of awkward when I read it and sounds a bit awkward when I say it out loud but for the life of me I just can't seem to figure out what exactly is wrong with it.)
396 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »