Reviews for The Endless Sky
jman377355 chapter 4 . 12/15/2011
It seems a bit strange that Celestia can teach classes and be the ruler of the kingdom at the same time. I suppose it must be largely self-sufficient. Good chapter.
jman377355 chapter 3 . 12/15/2011
Good chapter, only one complaint. Princess Celestia is over 1,000 years old I don't see her crying so easily, I can see her being very sad but I only see her crying if someone like Twilight died. Everyone has their own perspective though and it's not a big complaint.
jman377355 chapter 2 . 12/15/2011
Good chapter. Liked how you're showing Gilda's personality.
jman377355 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Your first fanfiction huh, certainly isn't noticeable. Very good start, Gilda is one on the most interesting characters to me. I'd like to know more about here, Trixie even more so.
Katar Jin chapter 10 . 11/8/2011
holy shit this is one damn good fic dont know shy but im a sucker for gilda/trixe backstory/redemption fics and this one hell of a backstroy fic
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter chapter 10 . 10/26/2011
I loved this story. I'm not sure what else I can say about it other han I think that it made me feel Gilda's emotions and her life and I loved that about this story. I could feel the emotional depth in this, which is probably why I read this whole thing before reading any other stories that popped up in my alert box.

Thanks for writing such a lovely story. I'm a Gilda fan as well.
cydonic chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
I've been meaning to read this for a while, and I'm glad I did. I've only got time now for the first chapter, but I really do want to keep reading.

Even if this chapter was mainly just a set-up for the future events of the fic, it was still immensely interesting. I loved the family dynamic you've portrayed - it sounds so typical, the unknowing child, the alcoholic father, and the somewhat (at least from my impressing) careless/more concerned about herself mother. But there's a lot more, in my mind. A lot of people use that plot device and have actual physical abuse and a huge sob story later on. I actually like how Gilda's father wasn't physically (or very verbally) abusive towards her. It just feels more realistic and plausible to me.

You did well writing Gilda as a happy, mostly carefree child. It is hard writing a character when you're trying to demonstrate how they've changed to the current canon, because it can seem ooc. But I really can envision her in this manner - and I can already see what Rainbow Dash would find appealing in her. She isn't cynical, she's just a happy, enthusiastic child - same as I imagine Dash to be.

I can't wait to get further into this, from a fantastic first chapter it can only get better.
Callum Mulallum chapter 10 . 10/18/2011
Wow. The first few chapters... Most heart wrenching words I have ever read. Kudos, you almost made me shed tears!

Seriously, Epic story. Gilda's character is perfect. I honestly love this story. There are no mistakes that I can whole heartedly point out, this is just that perfected... Lol you were kidding me when you said 'TES is... a little rough in the beginning in terms of quality and writing' right? Literary gold! If the entire TES was a book. I'd buy it.

Hell, If this set of chapters (Pre/Sequels not included) was a book, I'd buy it.

The descriptions, the drama, the action, the tension! It's all there! I honestly cannot pick any faults in your plot!

I am now going to read the others.

You cannot stop me.

Cya around

Reg
Merchant of Menace chapter 10 . 10/12/2011
Woo! GREAT story.
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 8 . 9/19/2011
As I said earlier, I look forward to seeing the whole business with Gilda, RD, Derpy, her skeezy loser absentee 'coltfriend' and her dad get resolved in the same entertaining fashion I see here.
Heart of Blades chapter 10 . 9/15/2011
It's...it's over. Well, as you said it's just begining, but still, what a milestone.

As I've said many times, I love this story. The depth and emotion really stay with you. I really don't have any complaints. The ending was more then bitter sweet for me, it was down right heart breaking. The optimism and excitment Gilda is showing is so tragic being that we know what comes next.

Crossroads is going down as one of the top three things I'm looking forward to right now, and it sounds like I'll get it the soonest :D. The one shot coming up sounds interesting, I have my own theories, but I'll wait and see if I'm right or not. I will most diffenitly be checking out the Rainbow/Applejack fic.

Well, I can't think of anything to say that I haven't already said. *raises glass* Here;s to the succses or your first big story :D. Congradulation
Quill Inkwell chapter 10 . 9/15/2011
It's been a joy to take this adventure with you. :D

The Endless Sky was one of the first stories I found when I showed up a month or so ago, and it quickly became one of my favorites. I always got a little rush of excitement when I saw that you had updated, or that you had submitted a new one-shot.

The story ended just as I was hoping it would. Sweet, sad, and with a sort of dark optimism. I'm really looking forward to Crossroads and seeing your take on Gilda's life post-Ponyville.
Jasper Sealights chapter 10 . 9/15/2011
Whooo-hoooo what a great epilogue! :D Loved it so much! Definitely even one of my fav chaps of the story!

Your description was lovely, and flowed very well, and I love all the background information you gave for the stuff that's been going on in these past three years. Especially the letters between Gilda and Dash. That's so believable and just a great touch!

As always, the interactions between Gilda and Script are fantastic. Their relationship might be one of my favorite relationships of this entire story. And I LOVE that Script has retained some of her child-like nature, despite being like 30. That's so awesome, and makes me love her even more (didn't think that was possible, hah).

Yay vanilla lemon drops! lol! So glad you referenced her love for those! This is a great pre-scene to "Griffon the Brush-Off" in general, and I love that it's... ya know... more optimistic and happier. That's a very nice contrast to what's gonna happen soon. And it only makes me anticipate how that's going to go down even more!

I'm so excited about your next stories, can't wait for them, and I'm SO glad you've got this one officially finished! Congrats! (: It was definitely one of the best stories ever!
Heart of Blades chapter 9 . 9/14/2011
Wow, I'm speechless at the moment. First of, you have such an amazing writing talent, able to have a story be sweet and fun just to turn emotionaly deep and then dark and suspenseful. It a real talent to see that and for it to flow so seamlessly

Needless to say, I LOVED this chapter. It really had my emotions on a rollercoaster. I'm glad how everything got handled and ultimetly ended up. I also highly enjoy that a little mystery was left in place. Cause in life we don't always just get all the answers.

Seeing as this fic has wrapped up, epilog excluded, I find myself very satisfied with the overall experiance I had in reading. You've brought so much depth to Gilda that it's gonna be staying with me like it's cannon. The fic that comes next I await with such antesopaiton. I can't even imagine what you have planned, but after reading this, I know I'm gonna love it.

Thank you so much for this fic and I look forward to whatever comes next.
Jasper Sealights chapter 9 . 9/14/2011
Well THAT was eventful! Hahaha. :D

I do believe the first scene is probably my favorite, cuz it made me laugh and it was just so cute and funny. But don't get me wrong, the rest of this chapter is good too!

I also really loved the scene where Gilda was beating Dune up, just because the description was amazing, and Ember breaking it up was fantastic! WOW! Still can't believe Gilda almost did that, though! Haha. It was also a really nice touch that you had Derpy bring the necklace in the first place, and then kinda blame herself for the whole thing. That was sad, but so in-character for Derpy. Really glad Gilda set her straight, though!

I'm lovin' that Dash left with Gilda, but YOU FUCKING LOSER TELL ME WHAT DASH'S SECRET IS! NOW! I'M GONNA DIE IF I DON'T KNOW. D: And of course, the ending was very nice, Gilda getting home with Script again. Man I'm glad Ember let her go... would've been terrible if he hadn't.

But yeah all in all, this was, well, crazy, but really good! (: I can't wait for the epilogue and the main story! Eeeee! I really hope more people end up reading this once you start the main story, too. It deserves so many more readers than it has.

So with that, I wish you success in all your next writings! Thanks for such a great story!
54 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »