Reviews for The Endless Sky
Heart of Blades chapter 3 . 8/20/2011
This might be my fav chapter! I absolutly loved it, Script being the teacher was a wonderful touch, and seeing how some of the ponies act around her you can really see why she dosn't like ponies in general, espeshally by the time of 'Griffin the Brush Off'. You did great with Rainbow Dash, totally felt like her. And oh you evil evil writer! Cliffhanger! Of course I have some guess', but I'm gonna wait and see.
Heart of Blades chapter 2 . 8/20/2011
This chapter was awful...not in writing, you did a great job, but the content is so heartbreaking. My heart really goes out to Gilda, I always saw her has having a bit of a ruff childhood and this sums it up quite well. I'm glad Jericho got thrown out, I'm so glad Gilda and her mother have Script around for support
Heart of Blades chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
This was really well done. It think you did a stand up job of Gilda as a kid. I also loved Script, she is fantastic and so sweet. I'm really worried about Gilda's dad...hopefully nothing too awful will happen. Estelle seems very nice. Anyway, I'm on to chapter 2
Quill Inkwell chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Wow, what an amazing start. Gilda didn't leave a favorable impression in the show, but here I am, one chapter in, and I'm already feeling for her. The knowledge that something is going to take away that innocence is heartbreaking.

Your skill with words is spectacular. Everything flows well together and fits seamlessly into the narrative. Your characters are deep and flawed in such a way as to make them utterly believable.

Well done, and I look forward to seeing where this goes!
Jasper Sealights chapter 3 . 8/17/2011
Well, first of all, YOU ROCK for using magenta eyes instead of purple for Dashie! That made my day! lmao.

Secondly, I loved how you introduced Rainbow Dash. I kind of immediately figured it was her by the way she was talking, which is a good thing. I'm so excited for what's going to happen with her and Gilda in later chapters!

The time skip is actually done really well. Gilda is definitely more "Gilda-y"; I loved all her thoughts during her classes, hah! And again, I love Script so much. She's a great character.

And lastly, with that ending, I am now DYING. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Jasper Sealights chapter 2 . 8/15/2011
Okayokay wowww. I was so freaking worried she was going to be abused for like, years or something. This is so much better, how you've done it, with her dad only hurting her this once. I mean, I have no idea if it's going to happen again, but I sure as hell hope not. lol. And go Mamma Gilda! I'm glad she kicked him out!

Anyways, your writing in this chapter was amazing, and I am not even kidding. I loved the way you described Gilda's paintings, and the scene where she was flying. So nice!

I can't wait for chapter 3!
Jasper Sealights chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I'm actually pretty impressed by this at the moment. (: Your writing is really nice, and well, given that Gilda is little, she doesn't necessarily need to be in-character. Besides, just because she was in a pissy mood in her episode, doesn't mean that defines her entire personality.

I think my favorite thing you've done here is NOT make her parents physically abusive or something. That'd make me sad, and I dunno if I could read much of that. And also, I LOVE Script. She is great! The scene when she showed Gilda the easel and paints she'd gotten her, and they had the mistake talk, and then Gilda painted the night sky, that was my favorite part of this chapter, I think.

All in all, I think it's a great start. I can't wait to see her and Rainbow meet in flight camp!
CanadianSushi chapter 2 . 8/14/2011
You've misspelt 'abode' in both chapters. 'Adobe' is, well, it's not a dwelling :\

The only thing I've found wrong with your work is the one nitpicky issue. It's absolutely great so far and I anxiously await the next chapter!
Invalid-Entry-159753 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Great start. Gilda's mother is fantastic. It seems as though her 'take-no-bullshit' way of outwardly dealing with things will leave an impression on Gilda. I can't wait to see how Script and Gilda's friendship will evolve and adjust to the antics of her father and the introduction of Rainbow Dash.
54 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4